GDT: Winnipeg @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Let me just add that I love how people downshift so quickly from “I’m so excited for this season” to “we lost one game, it’s all fvcked”. 

Yeah lol. It's really frustrating and it sucks, but we have to keep in mind this is the first game of the season. Most of these guys didn't have a whole lot of chemistry together and Blackwood came in cold. Not trying to make excuses cause a 4-0 lead can't be lost like that, it's completely unacceptable. But at least we got a point and adjustments will be made. Take the point, take the positives in this game (offense), and move on to Buffalo. 

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Let me just add that I love how people downshift so quickly from “I’m so excited for this season” to “we lost one game, it’s all fvcked”. 

Can you quote one person who said it’s all fvcked from here on?

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Can you quote one person who said it’s all fvcked from here on?

Pretty sure he meant it in a general way. Like people saying  « same old devils », « fire the coach », etc. and being all dramatic after the first game of the season. Sure the loss sucks, but I saw some positives despite that and the mistakes made can be fixed.

They win against the Sabres, it’s all forgotten.  Was tough to see in person though.  Just such a damned BUMMER...

• Like 2

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They win against the Sabres, it’s all forgotten.  Was tough to see in person though.  Just such a damned BUMMER...

I’m sure. I’m glad you has a positive experience with Erika that didn’t end up with your being Issued a restraining order. 

Well, so far...

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m sure. I’m glad you has a positive experience with Erika that didn’t end up with your being Issued a restraining order. 

Well, so far...

That’s because I kept my distance...all I did was wave and say “Thank you”.  Better for all parties, heh heh.

• Haha 2

I’m sure you were on your best behavior lol. 

She was really sweet with my daughter.  Super friendly.  My daughter has met Daneyko, Palms, and now Erika and she gets such an innocent and primal thrill out of those moments.  I just love witnessing them.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Man this is such a better group of people on this site compared to the HF Devils board. So many hot takes after one freaking game. Putting Hughes down. The main boards on HF can be fun but the Devils board sucks.

Yeah I read those. People saying Hughes sucked and that he isn't ready etc. I mean, it was his first NHL game for fvcks sake. Give him a break. He looked pretty good I thought, dangerous in OT. He'll adjust no doubt. People need to chill with those horrible takes. 

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

She was really sweet with my daughter.  Super friendly.  My daughter has met Daneyko, Palms, and now Erika and she gets such an innocent and primal thrill out of those moments.  I just love witnessing them.

Anything is better than when I spent 2 hours in line at a Brian Boyle autograph signing only for my daughter, who literally never stops talking, to be at a loss for words for the first time in her life lol. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

Yeah I read those. People saying Hughes sucked and that he isn't ready etc. I mean, it was his first NHL game for fvcks sake. Give him a break. He looked pretty good I thought, dangerous in OT. He'll adjust no doubt. People need to chill with those horrible takes. 

Remember...there’s fans, and then there’s the mutants.  Always ignore the mutants.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

He didn’t play enough to make that determination. He had some good moments, including the OT like you mentioned. The main problem both here and apparently on HF is that people are too quick to think the sky is falling. 

And it could be, but we don’t know that 1 game in. 

• Like 3

Anything is better than when I spent 2 hours in line at a Brian Boyle autograph signing only for my daughter, who literally never stops talking, to be at a loss for words for the first time in her life lol. 

She was at a loss for words the whole time, or right when she met Boyle?

With Dano it was very quick...he was there, she was there, a quick pic and that was that.  Erika chatted with her.  It was cute.  I will post a pic up here later.

• Like 1

He didn’t play enough to make that determination. He had some good moments, including the OT like you mentioned. The main problem both here and apparently on HF is that people are too quick to think the sky is falling. 

And it could be, but we don’t know that 1 game in. 

Yeah exactly, he seemed fine to me for his first game and he'll just keep getting better. Take the point and move on. This team will get better and will get adjusted together I have no doubt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

She was at a loss for words the whole time, or right when she met Boyle?

With Dano it was very quick...he was there, she was there, a quick pic and that was that.  Erika chatted with her.  It was cute.  I will post a pic up here later.

Nope, just for the 60 seconds we were in front of him. She didn’t even say hello lol. 

I did thank him for the autograph and said I was glad he was feeling good, and he thanked me for saying so. Seemed like a good dude. 

• Like 1

Hughes struggled a bit, but Hynes put him right back in. That's what you do when you wanna get better. One shift at a time. Goose looked great. Zacha had some really nice shifts early on and was a rock on the PK as usual. 

Blake Coleman also played out of his mind. He rarely has a bad game. Just love his effort every night. 

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Hughes seemed like a possibly electric, possibly erratic, wildly skilled and wildly undersized first overall pick tonight. 

Did absolutely nothing to make time think he doesn’t belong

He certainly didn’t look out of place. For the few minutes he played anyway. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Hughes seemed like a possibly electric, possibly erratic, wildly skilled and wildly undersized first overall pick tonight. 

Did absolutely nothing to make time think he doesn’t belong

He’ll never be as good as Miles Wood so far as Uncle Fester is concerned.

My take from tonight was that there's not a lot to go crazy about. It's the first game, team was a bit rusty but showed promise. Defense in our own zone was a bit weak at times though and the big issue is that the Hughes-Gusev abomination needs to end now. They got us into trouble numerous times tonight and the Devils probably win without them. They were a defensive liability almost every time they were on the ice. Hynes seemed to recognize this and his answer was to keep Hughes-Gusev together but replace Bratt with Simmonds and then Hayden. This was a bizarre solution to me. The result was a two player line with a third, slower player who was playing a different game from the other two. The only time, aside from OT, that Hughes looked good tonight was the brief time he was on the ice with Hall. I suspect this will eventually become the solution, even at the expense of Nico.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Man this is such a better group of people on this site compared to the HF Devils board. So many hot takes after one freaking game. Putting Hughes down. The main boards on HF can be fun but the Devils board sucks.

HF sucks period, I only go over there mainly for the prudential center / season ticket holder thread just because there's more chatter about that kind of stuff there than here and I like some of the other non hockey talk. 

Otherwise it's a ridiculously over moderated garbage board filled with so many idiots.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’ve been to a lot of opening night games over the years- rarely have I missed one.... this is by far the most annoyed and pissed off I’ve ever been walking out of an opening night, and it’s not even close. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

That board is full of dipsh!ts. It’s horrible. It’s why I never posted there and never will. 

• Like 1