The Pavel Zacha Appreciation Thread

mfitz804

New season, new attitude. 

I am officially going to put the "Almost" meme on hold for an extended period of time and instead will spend my time looking for the positives in Pavel's game that a lot of people seem to see. 

Its a new look roster, and its time for me to take a new perspective. How many games will it last? I don't know. But LGD and kick some ass, PZ!

48842225802_5477e35c60_b.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The one thing I like about the new jerseys over the Reebok Edge ones are the collars.  I never cared for that V-neck look.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

New season, new attitude. 

I am officially going to put the "Almost" meme on hold for an extended period of time and instead will spend my time looking for the positives in Pavel's game that a lot of people seem to see. 

Its a new look roster, and its time for me to take a new perspective. How many games will it last? I don't know. But LGD and kick some ass, PZ! 

Believe it or not, I have a feeling this is the year Zacha turns out into at least a useful player for us.

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Every time you post that I just miss the old jerseys. 

Every time I put on one of my Edges, somewhere a voice deep inside my brain cries out "Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..."  At least I got a whole sh!tload of Edges.  I know that I do indeed have a sh!tload of them because my wife reminds me of that fact whenever I scarf up another one of them.

Speaking of, one of my new arrivals this offseason was Zacha's McMullen Night jersey.  I will be wearing that one to the Columbus Day game on 10/14. 

C'MON ZACKS!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

32 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Every time I put on one of my Edges, somewhere a voice deep inside my brain cries out "Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..."  At least I got a whole sh!tload of Edges.  I know that I do indeed have a sh!tload of them because my wife reminds me of that fact whenever I scarf up another one of them.

Speaking of, one of my new arrivals this offseason was Zacha's McMullen Night jersey.  I will be wearing that one to the Columbus Day game on 10/14. 

Just picked up one of the old 90's home white Starter jerseys made in Korea for $10 at a yard sale (the ones with the starter logo and the Eastern Conference logo on the hem). I love the way the older ones fit, even the Edge jerseys were miles beyond these adidas pajama tops.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You know you are a hockey fan and a jersey collector when you already have planned out which jersey you are going to wear to which game so far in advance. 

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Believe it or not, I have a feeling this is the year Zacha turns out into at least a useful player for us.

If you are trying to bait me into posting the Almost meme...it "almost" worked. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

You know you are a hockey fan and a jersey collector when you already have planned out which jersey you are going to wear to which game so far in advance. 

Heh heh, it's because of this thread that I'm going wear his jersey way earlier than I had planned. 

54 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Just picked up one of the old 90's home white Starter jerseys made in Korea for $10 at a yard sale (the ones with the starter logo and the Eastern Conference logo on the hem). I love the way the older ones fit, even the Edge jerseys were miles beyond these adidas pajama tops.

I had one of those black Starter jerseys back in 1996 or so.  I honestly don't have any idea what the hell I ever did with it...I kinda remember taking it to a dry cleaner and the logo shriveling, or something like that.

I had one of those Albany River Rat community jerseys (the black ones, the one that Albany wanted to wear on the ice before Lou squashed it...they wound up wearing them for community events only)...I had Ahonen's jersey.  I toyed with the idea of getting the Rats logo and Ahonen's name and number stripped off, and making it a unique Devils jersey...but I never liked the way that the Ahonen jersey fit.  60G goalie cuts basically means the arms fit like batwings.  Everytime I was tempted to wear it to a game, the second I'd try it on I'd immediately think "Nah".

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I had one of those black Starter jerseys back in 1996 or so.  I honestly don't have any idea what the hell I ever did with it...I kinda remember taking it to a dry cleaner and the logo shriveling, or something like that.

I had one of those Albany River Rat community jerseys (the black ones, the one that Albany wanted to wear on the ice before Lou squashed it...they wound up wearing them for community events only)...I had Ahonen's jersey.  I toyed with the idea of getting the Rats logo and Ahonen's name and number stripped off, and making it a unique Devils jersey...but I never liked the way that the Ahonen jersey fit.  60G goalie cuts basically means the arms fit like batwings.  Everytime I was tempted to wear it to a game, the second I'd try it on I'd immediately think "Nah".

I think I have mentioned this before, but when the Devils announced their color change, before we saw the jerseys, that Rats community jersey was EXACTLY what I drew out, except my logo didn't have the circle anymore, just the traditional NJ in red.

I had one, then with the passage of time it was no longer my size, and I managed to replace it on eBay with a larger one. Eventually I sold that one too, which I now regret because I will never see another one.

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I think I have mentioned this before, but when the Devils announced their color change, before we saw the jerseys, that Rats community jersey was EXACTLY what I drew out, except my logo didn't have the circle anymore, just the traditional NJ in red.

I had one, then with the passage of time it was no longer my size, and I managed to replace it on eBay with a larger one. Eventually I sold that one too, which I now regret because I will never see another one.

I made a deal with DM84 to buy one of his GWs off him, and I threw in the Ahonen because I knew it was never going to leave my closet, and I figured that either he'd want it for himself, or be a little more "dialed in", as to knowing people who might actually want to buy it.  Looking back, I wish I'd just gotten a "normal" jersey...the one I wanted first was Skrlac, but it was too pricey for me at the time...then I wanted Nittel, but I think he was taken.  Not sure why I chose Ahonen.

I almost wish I'd gotten the Russian kid with the insane amount of consonants at the end of his name...almost like his nameplate should've read "Balmo...WHAT?!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim_Balmochnykh

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I almost wish I'd gotten the Russian kid with the insane amount of consonants at the end of his name...almost like his nameplate should've read "Balmo...WHAT?!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim_Balmochnykh

I’m 99% sure that’s Russian for “balls on my chin”.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Speaking of jerseys, since I do not yet have a Zacha jersey, I will be wearing my brand new #86 this evening. Probably with all of the windows open because its not really cool enough indoors (I wear short sleeves until late October or mid-November). 

48759918726_3fc7af0141_b.jpg

• Like 3

Is that a re-branded GI or GW? 

I bought my daughter a Hughes jersey for her birthday, back in August...she will be wearing it tonight.

GW black Palms All-Star jersey for me.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Is that a re-branded GI or GW? 

I bought my daughter a Hughes jersey for her birthday, back in August...she will be wearing it tonight.

GW black Palms All-Star jersey for me.

Yup, game Issued that I stripped and had re-done. It’s the only way right now lol.  

Pretty cool to have a game worn All Star, very nice!!

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Yup, game Issued that I stripped and had re-done. It’s the only way right now lol.  

Pretty cool to have a game worn All Star, very nice!!

Yeah I have Stadium Series GW JS Dea that I think I'm going to have changed to a Hischier (think I might have mentioned that to you before).  I can't feel too badly about stripping a GW Dea.