Fire Hynes

Daniel

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

He’s a -1 in two games. He’s played well so far and is the second best defensive forward on our team. 

Hall hasn’t been a difference maker this season either. Want to see Rooney over him?

Are you comparing a former MVP to a borderline 4th liner?

You’d advocate firing a coach if a 4th liner doesn’t play one game?

8 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Mfitz just wants to be able to use his "ROONEY!" meme.

Well OBVIOUSLY..,

8 minutes ago, devlman said:

So you’d say the same thing if Taylor Hall was benched?

See above. It’s not at all the same, and you don’t fire a coach over not playing a 4th line center. Do you honestly consider healthy scratching Taylor and Pavel to be the same thing?

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

See above. It’s not at all the same, and you don’t fire a coach over not playing a 4th line center. Do you honestly consider healthy scratching Taylor and Pavel to be the same thing?

I’m just going off your reply that because he was on the ice for 11 GA that was sufficient reason to bench him. 4th line center or not, Zacha played well the first two games. Taking out one of the few positive players seems counter productive.

14 minutes ago, devlman said:

I’m just going off your reply that because he was on the ice for 11 GA that was sufficient reason to bench him. 4th line center or not, Zacha played well the first two games. Taking out one of the few positive players seems counter productive.

You should read my reply again, because I didn’t say that. 

I agree, I wouldn’t take him out of the lineup either. But do I think it’s a fire-able offense? No, not even close. 

22 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You should read my reply again, because I didn’t say that. 

I agree, I wouldn’t take him out of the lineup either. But do I think it’s a fire-able offense? No, not even close. 

Well you did imply we’d lose no value because we gave up a lot of goals with him in the lineup. Anyway, I know this is a fire Hynes thread but has anyone actually said that benching Zacha Wednesday was a fireable offense?

29 minutes ago, devlman said:

Well you did imply we’d lose no value because we gave up a lot of goals with him in the lineup. Anyway, I know this is a fire Hynes thread but has anyone actually said that benching Zacha Wednesday was a fireable offense?

You’ve got a lot of opinions for someone who hasn’t read the thread. 

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

If Zacha actually sits, someone hand me one of those Fire Hynes signs.

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

He’s a -1 in two games. He’s played well so far and is the second best defensive forward on our team. 

Hall hasn’t been a difference maker this season either. Want to see Rooney over him?

Hmm...I’d probably say Zajac, Nico, then Zacha, because I think Nico is really good 5v5, often against the other team’s top lines. I’d bet Nico would be every bit as good as Zacha on the PK if Hynes used him there more. 

Sure, sitting Zacha is not the difference between winning a game and losing 7-2. Taking him out just makes no sense, and that's why it is so infuriating. Hayden is so much worse. He was awful through nearly the entirety of the season opener. Between him losing every puck battle, rarely completing passes, and spending most of his shifts gliding around in the D zone, his positive impact on this team is so minimal. Meanwhile, Zacha is arguably the best forward on the team for the PK. Plus, he has done a fine job given his role on the team so far. Why is he the guy that comes out? Wood's spot in the lineup sure looks safe. Zacha definitely deserves a spot over anyone in that AHL third line that Hynes put together for today's practice.

10 hours ago, nessus said:

Sure, sitting Zacha is not the difference between winning a game and losing 7-2. Taking him out just makes no sense, and that's why it is so infuriating. Hayden is so much worse. He was awful through nearly the entirety of the season opener. Between him losing every puck battle, rarely completing passes, and spending most of his shifts gliding around in the D zone, his positive impact on this team is so minimal. Meanwhile, Zacha is arguably the best forward on the team for the PK. Plus, he has done a fine job given his role on the team so far. Why is he the guy that comes out? Wood's spot in the lineup sure looks safe. Zacha definitely deserves a spot over anyone in that AHL third line that Hynes put together for today's practice.

Rooney hasn't played a game in two weeks.  If Zacha is the one who sits, I don't think Zacha is being punished - I think he's trying to keep everyone fresh and Zacha is the guy who comes out.  He'll probably go back in on Thursday.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MB3 said:

If Zacha actually sits, someone hand me one of those Fire Hynes signs.

We might as well trade the kid if we're going to jerk him around like this and ruin another year of his development.

I thought Zacha looked just fine in the first two games - great on the PK, making things happen in his limited 5-on-5 TOI.

Nice job Hynes - you're making me defend Zacha.  What the hell have I come to.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

I forgot where I saw it, but Hynes said in an interview yesterday that he thought Miles Wood played well in the first two games.

Yes, Hynes literally thought what Woods has done so far is a job well done.

Terrifying.  Legit.  I hope it's just coachspeak or something because Wood brought a lot of energy.. we can at least give him that much credit.

But as far as actually being a positive out there?  FFS...

Edited by Devilsfan118

1 minute ago, Triumph said:

Wood has been fine.  I don't know what you guys want to see out of him.  He's gotten scoring chances.  He took a dumb penalty but he's also drawn one.  He'll score if he keeps getting chances like he's getting.  He's the 4th line left wing.  

I guess I'd like to see him at least attempt to utilize his linemates once every while instead of just charging towards the net every chance he gets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I guess I'd like to see him at least attempt to utilize his linemates once every while instead of just charging towards the net every chance he gets.

This is how he's going to be most effective.  He did set someone up nicely in Game 1, I think, but charging at the net is going to be way better for him than passing.  

He's the 4th line LW.

Edited by Triumph

3 minutes ago, Triumph said:

This is how he's going to be most effective.  He did set someone up nicely in Game 1, I think, but charging at the net is going to be way better for him than passing.  

He's the 4th line LW.

If Wood had scored that goal and not hit the crossbar in game 1 people wouldn't be talking nearly as negatively about him right now.