Fire Hynes

Daniel

at the end of the day everyone just need to chill for a bit. Looking at the situation, you have a bunch of new players playing together, learning the system and learning to play with each others, you have the coaches trying to see what they have and who clicks together, trying stuff to find the right balance and you have the sometime regular sloppiness of the early season, passes are not crisp, decision making is sloppy etc etc

if we're still that bad after 10 games then fine let's freak out. But we could of won that first game if Schneider didnt go down and with a little luck. then we'd be 1-1-0 and i dont think fans would be freaking out that much

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If Wood had scored that goal and not hit the crossbar in game 1 people wouldn't be talking nearly as negatively about him right now. 

Exactly.  Natural Stat Trick has him with the second highest xG on the team and credits him with 4 individual high danger scoring chances, the highest on the team at ES.  Some of those will start to go in.

19 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If Wood had scored that goal and not hit the crossbar in game 1 people wouldn't be talking nearly as negatively about him right now. 

Are you sure? Gusev scored, and again in the shootout, and people are calling for him to be benched lol. 

Wood is what he is, he's chaos on ice skates. That can sometimes lead to opportunity. He wasn't any more disciplined when he had his 19 goal season. 

He may have been more lucky, but still. Like @Triumphsaid, he's the 4th line left wing, he's been doing his job. I can 100% guarantee you with certainty that the success or failure of this team will not lie in who plays left wing on the 4th line. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Are you sure? Gusev scored, and again in the shootout, and people are calling for him to be benched lol. 

Wood is what he is, he's chaos on ice skates. That can sometimes lead to opportunity. He wasn't any more disciplined when he had his 19 goal season. 

He may have been more lucky, but still. Like @Triumphsaid, he's the 4th line left wing, he's been doing his job. I can 100% guarantee you with certainty that the success or failure of this team will not lie in who plays left wing on the 4th line. 

Pffffff yeah. Try saying that to the '79 Quebec Nordiques 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:07 AM, Triumph said:

Exactly.  Natural Stat Trick has him with the second highest xG on the team and credits him with 4 individual high danger scoring chances, the highest on the team at ES.  Some of those will start to go in.

Natural Stat Trick says that scoring goals and winning games are of secondary importance.

Too much talent to be this clueless. Doesn’t help when this idiot keeps changing lines all the freakin time, they have zero chemistry. They are never prepared.

but hey, let’s bag skate them again instead of adjusting our strategies.

Cleanse the staff, they are wasting this roster.

A team loses a few close ones to start the season and you continue to say, "Give the team a chance." But the Devils just look so horrendous and are getting routed. There's no defending the coaching staff at this point. They had no response to the Flyers gameplan and their ability to adapt as the game went on.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, PacificDevil said:

Also I think there’s a reason most NHL coaches don’t run such intensive training camp - they already look totally gassed instead of fresh and ready to compete - even in the great ‘17-18 they were tired by November 

Yeah nothing like seeing guys on day one or two of camp in the faceoff dot on their hands and knees gasping for air. I thought they just showed up to camp in poor shape andHynes was weeding out the weak, now it’s looking like a desperate coach trying to send some kind of message 48 hours into the season

It's amazing how this issue has finally reared it's ugly head but in such a tremendously, spectacularly disastrous way.  Coaching was one of those issues that was there for this team, but pretty down low on the list by the end of last season.  After the Summer of Shero has filled most of those holes, this particular problem is what is now sinking us.  Good grief.

Salt in the wound was that there was a decent amount of coaches available this summer and most have found jobs elsewhere, so we are somewhat stuck with slim pickings.  Right now Guy Boucher might be the best of the bunch.  Bob Hartley I believe is still out there in Russia as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

How long until we see Hynes shift Hughes to the wing in a top-tier panic move?

I wouldn't mind this actually.  Why not give him an easier assignment at wing at this point?  He hardly takes faceoffs anyways as Coleman was doing a large share of them last night in place of him.

I've had it with that Lizard in a suit behind the bench too, but I can't fault him for changing the lines. It's early in the year and the team is losing; if he loses and leaves things as they are, people will scream, if he changes them, people will say he's not developing chemistry, Lose-Lose.

59 minutes ago, NLinfante said:

I've had it with that Lizard in a suit behind the bench too, but I can't fault him for changing the lines. It's early in the year and the team is losing; if he loses and leaves things as they are, people will scream, if he changes them, people will say he's not developing chemistry, Lose-Lose.

He should stick to saving people 15% on car insurance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The other thing about keeping Hynes is that the longer he stays, the more likely it is that Hughes becomes a bust due to extremely poor coaching and team  dysfunction to start his career.

Hynes is in line to be the gift that keeps on giving.  You can almost call him Chiarelli's revenge.

24 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The other thing about keeping Hynes is that the longer he stays, the more likely it is that Hughes becomes a bust due to extremely poor coaching and team  dysfunction to start his career.

Hynes is in line to be the gift that keeps on giving.  You can almost call him Chiarelli's revenge.

McDavid did okay with a sh!t team, sh!t management and sh!t coaches so far. Hughes should be fine