Fire Hynes

Daniel

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I understand what you are saying, it just doesn’t make any sense.

And you STILL said it yet another way, now you don’t know what system it is because you don’t THINK there is one??

Your theory is that Hynes walks into practice and has NO system, NO instruction to the players as to what they should be doing. Nothing at all. That’s your theory?

Yes man, I don't THINK there is a system.  I cannot say for absolute certainty because I'm not him.  But if you are asking me what system or strategy the Devils currently use most nights, I cannot tell you what it is, because I don't think there is one. 

I said it another way because I'm trying to help you understand - it's possible to convey the same message in more than one way.  I tried two or three ways and to you it still doesn't make sense, which is why, yes, I did say it another way.  It's the same thing, just rephrased. 

My theory is that Hynes walks into practice and instructs the players and has them do drills - skating, speed, passing, whatever it is he deems important.  What I don't think is happening is any emphasis on any of the several other types of common NHL systems or styles that I mentioned earlier.  I don't think that's happening.  

Again, you're stuck on the fact that I don't think he has a system at all, but that one must exist simply because it has to, and that you're OK not knowing what it is. That's fine, but I'm not.  Especially when our team is 0-3-2. 

You really haven't substantiated anything in terms of what his system might be, so I'll do you another one and play my own devil's advocate here.  Let's say his "system" is that he dictates his instruction and practice time based on the team's upcoming opponents.  Some people might think that's wise - they'd say "OK, this makes sense - you should be prepared for who you're going to play next, and understand what the other team tries to do".   Study film, right?  Sure.  Nothing wrong with that.  But if that's all you do then you're just being reactionary.  It's like playing defense 100% of the time and just trying to stop what you opponent might do.  You don't win games that way.  I would much rather prefer having a head coach who had the mentality of "We know who we're playing tomorrow.  fvck what they're gonna do.  We're gonna do this. Because we're great at it.  And THEY are going to have to try to stop US."

Again, there's not even any evidence that Hynes even does THAT - I'm simply throwing out examples for you that would make Hynes look slightly less incompetent.  But alas, I don't think he's even doing that.  I don't think we're all that prepared for our opponents other than throwing in a Kevin Rooney when we play Philly so that we are "tougher".  And even if he was doing that, as I noted above, that's just reactionary.  If we want to win we need a system.  Some type of identity and style that the players can learn, practice, and be subject matter experts in.  

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Coach Loser is at 0-4-2 this season.

It’s not his fault.  Look at the corsi and forceee and all the other made up statistics that show he’s actually really winning the games, even though who actually wins is totally luck.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I mean, it's the same story every game. As soon as the other team adjusts in-game, we look lost. Hynes just can't the team competitive through 60 minutes. He's either getting out x'd and o'd or the team just randomly gives up. The latter isn't very likely.

Joel Q could have got drunk during the game, and he’d still out coach that bald fvck. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Welll that its his fault or not. Let's fire him. Something has to happen and you can't fire the players

It’s his fault 

Just now, Jerrydevil said:

I would imagine that Hynes has a handful of games to turn this around, if that.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

This season is already over and it’s freaking October 14th for fvck sake.

If you want a chance at this season NOT being over, there needs to be a new voice with a new strategy in there NOW. Not tomorrow or a week from now or a month from now..........

NOW

Edited by njbuff

Just now, njbuff said:

This season is already over and it freaking October 14th for fvck sake.

If you want a chance at this season NOT being over, there needs to be a new voice with a new strategy in there NOW. Not tomorrow or a week from now or a month from now..........

NOW

It's over while Hynes is the coach.  Otherwise, there are good players on this team who have shown in the past that they can perform none of whom are not on the wrong side of 35.  When that team hasn't won, hasn't scored a power play goal and has a penalty kill under 50%, IT'S THE COACHES' FAULT.  It really should not be very hard to figure out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Wondering if Sheri does things in blocks of 10 like Lou used to. If so 4 more games. 

Blocks of 20 I think it was...but if Shero's gonna follow Lou's example he should just go behind the bench himself.  Unless you want to give me Guy Boucher I guess there aren't a lot of real candidates out there and the staff needs to be blown up into the sky.

11 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Blocks of 20 I think it was...but if Shero's gonna follow Lou's example he should just go behind the bench himself.  Unless you want to give me Guy Boucher I guess there aren't a lot of real candidates out there and the staff needs to be blown up into the sky.

I was sure it was 10. But if it's 20 yeah that's to much. That's a quarter of the season pissed down the drain. 

Just now, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I was sure it was 10. But if it's 20 yeah that's to much. That's a quarter of the season pissed down the drain. 

The difference with MacLean was that he was a new coach, so you had to give him at least 20 games.  Hynes has a track record of four years that shows that the only way for his teams to not lose a lot is to get an MVP performance from one of the players. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

If it's not announced by Thursday I'll start to question Shero.

Crazy how quickly the warm-and-fuzzies from the offseason have worn off.

Yep. Subban looks like last season was just what he is now, and not just a down year. Same with Simmonds. Gusev is showing why he couldn’t crack Vegas’s lineup. 

We also all had Hughes penciled in as 2C, and Smith unquestionably making the team...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yep. Subban looks like last season was just what he is now, and not just a down year. Same with Simmonds. Gusev is showing why he couldn’t crack Vegas’s lineup. 

We also all had Hughes penciled in as 2C, and Smith unquestionably making the team...

Frankly I think Gusev has looked overall alright.  He still needs work but him and Bratt definitely doesn't deserve to be on the fourth line and especially so when Wood is allowed to be in the top 6.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Frankly I think Gusev has looked overall alright.  He still needs work but him and Bratt definitely doesn't deserve to be on the fourth line and especially so when Wood is allowed to be in the top 6.

I just meant him being a defensive liability. A team like Vegas doesn’t need to take the chance putting him out there. 

He definitely has some skill with the puck though.