Fire Hynes

Daniel

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Technically you’re only right if they fire him and then they improve. If they get a different coach with the same results...

A clock is right twice a day or whatever. Mikepeluso8 screams warnings apocalyptic sized disasters constantly. Eventually he's bound to be right if he screams it long enough. 

Edit: Broken clock*

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

I have never been a fan of making a change for the sake of a shake up, I am more of a evidence based person ( probably due to my job) and everything is pointing towards this being a coaching problem. I say that very broadly it is more than just the head coach. Our PP has been stagnant for many years now, Our PK was not bad last year has turned upside down with no sign of repair. What is very worrying is when you start to lose the locker room that is I'm afraid when the coach is the one who is most at fault.

Are we at that point? 

Do you blow up the coaching staff?

Who is available that would make a difference? 

I also don't believe anyone has the stomach for another rookie coach.

Like many have said this is a very early part of our season to blow it all up and start thinking about another high draft pick. My feeling is they will try and patch work the coaching staff until we hit point of being eliminated. If that point happens I don't even think Ray's job is safe. 

I really hope a turn around starts as early as Thursday against a bitter rival. Lets Go NJD !!!!!

Someone email the hashynesbeenfiredyet.com site to John and let’s see what he writes back.  Gotta imagine his email is jhynes at newjerseydevils.com, right?

Friend of mine said he heard a rumor, Schneider for Quick.  No idea if that’s true or not but I’ll take any rumor about anything right now.

Edited by ajsgolf

4 minutes ago, Devs1965 said:

I have never been a fan of making a change for the sake of a shake up, I am more of a evidence based person ( probably due to my job) and everything is pointing towards this being a coaching problem. I say that very broadly it is more than just the head coach. Our PP has been stagnant for many years now, Our PK was not bad last year has turned upside down with no sign of repair. What is very worrying is when you start to lose the locker room that is I'm afraid when the coach is the one who is most at fault.

Are we at that point? 

Like many have said this is a very early part of our season to blow it all up and start thinking about another high draft pick. My feeling is they will try and patch work the coaching staff until we hit point of being eliminated. If that point happens I don't even think Ray's job is safe. 

I really hope a turn around starts as early as Thursday against a bitter rival. Lets Go NJD !!!!!

If you're an evidence based person, there's zero evidence that Hynes can coach in the NHL.  In four years, he squeaked into the playoffs once, and in twice had teams finish in the bottom five of the league.  No, he didn't have the Lightning's roster, but it wasn't bad enough to get consistently thrashed like they did last year.  And now, he's been given a very good roster, and the team literally is not winning and literally not scoring on the powerplay.  The only thing you can say is that his "luck" will turn around, which is just another way of saying that coaching doesn't matter, which is utter hogwash. 

Analytics tolerates losing so long as their models can't really explain what's going on, hence "I don't know, therefore luck."   If Hynes is coaching past this week, we know who's in charge.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Devs1965 said:

Are we at that point? 

At this point if I'm the Head Coach and I seriously want to keep my job, I'd seriously look at the first 6 games, and implement some kind of Defensive structure. Cause it looks like Hynes doesn't adjust to anything. Our NZ play  horrific. Opposing player getting free passes right thru to our offensive zone. 

Its evident this team does not play defensively  well, under Hynes FAS system. Giving up over 4+ goals PG. 

Edited by Gunslinger27
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, mikepeluso8 said:

and I am going to soap box for a minute so spare me the friendly fire but...

all you guys (90% of you) with your cute little jersey collections and your die hard "devils fandom" have been killing me on here for several seasons when I have been calling for Hynes head.  And now look at it...?  What do you see?

I will wait for some apologies...ahemmmmm....

90% of your posts are clearly meant to stir the pot, be annoying/abrasive, anything to get a reaction, etc...so of course you're going to make a comment about jersey collections and diehard fandom, to try to provoke someone to fire back.  The problem here of course is 90% of the time, fans here ignore you. 

Nicomo's response to you summed it all up perfectly, re:  Hynes. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If you're an evidence based person, there's zero evidence that Hynes can coach in the NHL.  In four years, he squeaked into the playoffs once, and in twice had teams finish in the bottom five of the league.  No, he didn't have the Lightning's roster, but it wasn't bad enough to get consistently thrashed like they did last year.  And now, he's been given a very good roster, and the team literally is not winning and literally not scoring on the powerplay.  The only thing you can say is that his "luck" will turn around, which is just another way of saying that coaching doesn't matter, which is utter hogwash. 

Analytics tolerates losing so long as their models can't really explain what's going on, hence "I don't know, therefore luck."   If Hynes is coaching past this week, we know who's in charge.

Agreed Hynes is a problem but I also believe he is only part of the problem. With really no quick fix in sight. The coaches around him are also an issue. Assistants Alain Nasreddine has reallly been a mess, Who replaces him? Many say Scott Stevens but not sure he would even take the job but he would at least demand accountability. Rick Kowalsky, lets face it as much as a popular choice he was,  our PP has really sucked with him! Who do you bring in there? Changing just the head coach just does not solve all our issues. I get it its a start but this is a much deeper problem with no quick fix, In my Opinion.

Edited by Devs1965
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

At the end of the day it is on Hynes to right the ship, but I can't help but to feel he is about to fall on a sword and forfeit his job to save face with his staff who are failing him. Whatever Nas is doing isn't working. Whatever those Sens said in that Uber in Arizona could be NJ soon.

Hynes System:

image.png.f841c410aa02be4b647a69a9248e179d.png

16 hours ago, mikepeluso8 said:

and I am going to soap box for a minute so spare me the friendly fire but...

all you guys (90% of you) with your cute little jersey collections and your die hard "devils fandom" have been killing me on here for several seasons when I have been calling for Hynes head.  And now look at it...?  What do you see?

I will wait for some apologies...ahemmmmm....

What is with this forum and attacking people who collect jerseys?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Devs1965 said:

Agreed Hynes is a problem but I also believe he is only part of the problem. With really no quick fix in sight. The coaches around him are also an issue. Assistants Alain Nasreddine has reallly been a mess, Who replaces him? Many say Scott Stevens but not sure he would even take the job but he would at least demand accountability. Rick Kowalsky, lets face it as much as a popular choice he was,  our PP has really sucked with him! Who do you bring in there? Changing just the head coach just does not solve all our issues. I get it its a start but this is a much deeper problem with no quick fix, In my Opinion.

I brought this up the other day, but usually coaches have ideas of who they'd like to bring in to replace their assistants. That being said, say new coach comes in and meets with the current crop of assistants. He may or may not approve of their style, offer up suggestions or just clean house. Personally, I wanted Nas gone long ago as his style is exploitable and pathetic.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I brought this up the other day, but usually coaches have ideas of who they'd like to bring in to replace their assistants. That being said, say new coach comes in and meets with the current crop of assistants. He may or may not approve of their style, offer up suggestions or just clean house. Personally, I wanted Nas gone long ago as his style is exploitable and pathetic.

Jags I agree with you on Nas style. Absolutely pathetic. In a whole, this team is completely undisciplined. During stretches of the games, this team looks completely lost. I drop that on the coaching staff. Both 3 goal lead losses, (Jets and Panthers) The opposing Coaching staffs made the right changes during the game. 60 mins of good hockey from this team is non existent, so far this year.

Edited by Gunslinger27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I get the point. As a tidbit - It is widely debated whether or not Einstein actually said that. 

Yeah but when you attribute it that way, it gives it more credibility. 

'John Hynes is a Lizard Person"

- Abraham Lincoln

Edited by mfitz804

29 minutes ago, titans04 said:

in the meantime here's our wannabe new D coach.

cones.jpg

I'll take him, I mean he's already made an adjustment, you can clearly see the second pylon from the left is in a different position than the normal triangle formation. He's already a step ahead of Nasraddine and almost to Hynes level, and this is the first I'm seeing of this individual

• Haha 1