Fire Hynes

Daniel

"Josh Harris and David Blitzer are not impulsive men. Just look at their other sports properties. Brett Brown will enter his seventh season with their 76ers despite a .362 winning percentage and back-to-back losses in the Eastern Conference semifinals."

That doesnt bode well for Devils fans. If H&B tolerate losing, wtf. 

Edited by slasher72

30 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

"Josh Harris and David Blitzer are not impulsive men. Just look at their other sports properties. Brett Brown will enter his seventh season with their 76ers despite a .362 winning percentage and back-to-back losses in the Eastern Conference semifinals."

That doesnt bode well for Devils fans. If H&B tolerate losing, wtf. 

We’ll see, but I think their expectations were much like ours.  If Hynes makes it past Saturday, I’ll be shocked, albeit I think it would be too little too late.

Funny enough, the Devils kind of need a semi-miracle whether things start to turn around under Hynes or not. The Devils have picked up 2 points through six games. Not winning in your first six games is really not good. The Devils are in a huge hole. 98 points was the East cutoff for the playoffs last year. For the Devils to get 98 points, they would have to get 96 of 152 remaining points (63%) a la something like 45 - 25 - 6. No small task.

14 minutes ago, devlman said:

A big fkn beatdown of the Rags shuts all this up and makes things right again.

Maybe in the very short term say that night. It fixes nothing for those who beleiev that Hynes must go. It would almost be the worst case scenario in the big picture. 

4 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Maybe in the very short term say that night. It fixes nothing for those who beleiev that Hynes must go. It would almost be the worst case scenario in the big picture. 

It would temporarily silence his critics. The team would still need to string some W’s together thereafter, which after a big rivalry win can kickstart their season. Don’t know how people can root for the team to lose six games in.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Mark your calendars - if they're still winless (or hell, if they win 1 of 2) by Saturday I think a change is made then.

They have about a week off between games against the Canucks and Yotes - I think it makes a ton of sense to fire Hynes on Saturday and have either an interim or new head coach start on Monday.  Gives him and his new staff a couple days to get oriented.

We could be buried by then. Waiting makes no sense.

Bob MacKenzie in Insider Trading says Shero isn’t thinking of firing Hynes, nor the staff, at this time. Mac had the usual poor goaltending poor defense scapegoats, hunted Nico is day to day, but to not expect Hynes to get fired any time soon. He suggested Ray would make a roster move before firing him.

if this is accurate, and obviously Bobby Mac is one of the best, then I’m just as pissed at Ray as I am at the staff. He’s allowing the roster he built to be wasted early and often, and apparently is complacent in it.

https://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trading-growing-sense-of-optimism-surrounding-byfuglien-s-return~1804737

video is available globally 

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Bob MacKenzie in Insider Trading says Shero isn’t thinking of firing Hynes, nor the staff, at this time. Mac had the usual poor goaltending poor defense scapegoats, hunted Nico is day to day, but to not expect Hynes to get fired any time soon. He suggested Ray would make a roster move before firing him.

if this is accurate, and obviously Bobby Mac is one of the best, then I’m just as pissed at Ray as I am at the staff. He’s allowing the roster he built to be wasted early and often, and apparently is complacent in it.

https://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trading-growing-sense-of-optimism-surrounding-byfuglien-s-return~1804737

This is absolutely unacceptable. Shero is committing franchise malpractice if he doesn’t fire these dipsh!ts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is absolutely unacceptable. Shero is committing franchise malpractice if he doesn’t fire these dipsh!ts.

What do you expect Shero to be telling people, "Yes, I'm considering firing Hynes"? No he's going to stick behind him until the moment he decides to fire him as any GM would.

From 10/25/2010:

A 2-6-1 start has New Jersey last in the Eastern Conference and 29th overall in the NHL but head coach John MacLean is not on the firing line at this point, Lamoriello said.

"There's no thought whatsoever," Lamoriello told ESPN.com Monday. "John has done an exceptional job. I have no issue with him. Our record certainly isn't what any of us like, but it has nothing to do with coaching."

https://www.espn.com/new-york/nhl/news/story?id=5725798

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

What do you expect Shero to be telling people, "Yes, I'm considering firing Hynes"? No he's going to stick behind him until the moment he decides to fire him as any GM would.

From 10/25/2010:

He also waited two more months, and even a miracle run by the Jacques lead squad fell what, 8 points short?

No Ray shouldn’t/wouldn’t openly say in public “my coach is incompetent” but if you have a lot of people believing he won’t do anything, it is very worrisome, especially with his past, blind faith loyalty towards bad coaches

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

He also waited two more months, and even a miracle run by the Jacques lead squad fell what, 8 points short?

No Ray shouldn’t/wouldn’t openly say in public “my coach is incompetent” but if you have a lot of people believing he won’t do anything, it is very worrisome, especially with his past, blind faith loyalty towards bad coaches

I don't really understand what you're arguing. The point is, as you say, "Ray shouldn’t/wouldn’t openly say in public 'my coach is incompetent'" aka you ain't going to know that Hynes is going to get fired until it happens - whether it's next week, or Shero waits as long as two months. When Shero SHOULD fire Hynes is a different debate.

16 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

From 10/25/2010:

No, Shero isn’t going to say anything directly, but a guy like MaKenzie would be able to figure it out since the organization would be sending feelers out to coaching candidates who themselves have agents and so for5h.  And it took Lou an additional month to fire MacLean after that quote, and that’s a coach who didn’t have a track record of futility like Hynes.

I’ve never been more embarrassed to be a Devils fan.  fvck Hynes and fvck Shero.  

34 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Glad we traded away draft picks for win now guys like Subban and Gusev just to probably finish in last fvcking place again. Insane. 

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Glad we traded away draft picks for win now guys like Subban and Gusev just to probably finish in last fvcking place again. Insane. 

What’s insane is a couple weeks ago we were talking about how we got them for nothing.