Fire Hynes

Daniel

19 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

When one of your bosses comes down to the bench to oversee, that’s exactly what it means.

Additionally I think it's a case of getting the guy who is going to be the interim coach of this team involved as early as possible. 

In his interview without any prompting Fitz starts talking about maintaining continuity. Why would you say that if big change wasn't in mind? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

When one of your bosses comes down to the bench to oversee, that’s exactly what it means.

Yeah, I don't mean to repeat myself from earlier, but this isn't just, "Let's bring another voice in." The assistant GM puts on skates, it's not about just adding a voice of positivity to the group - he's going down to the ice to make a diagnosis. Who, if anyone, is the weak link? Don't get me wrong, the team can use his experience - he was a responsible two-way forward in the league himself - but if he has to come down to coach then that negates the whole point of paying a coaching staff.

If the team delivers a loss tomorrow and another to Vancouver - you might see Hynes go but don't be surprised if Kowalsky, Nasreddine and/or Grier is dismissed first.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Yeah, I don't mean to repeat myself from earlier, but this isn't just, "Let's bring another voice in." The assistant GM puts on skates, it's not about just adding a voice of positivity to the group - he's going down to the ice to make a diagnosis. Who, if anyone, is the weak link? Don't get me wrong, the team can use his experience - he was a responsible two-way forward in the league himself - but if he has to come down to coach then that negates the whole point of paying a coaching staff.

If the team delivers a loss tomorrow and another to Vancouver - you might see Hynes go but don't be surprised if Kowalsky, Nasreddine and/or Grier is dismissed first.

Hynes may be on the hot seat but I don't think it's imminent as in a game or two away.  If they fired him this weekend then Fitz would literally have had like three days with the team, I doubt that's really enough to get a full understanding of what's going on.  I think you're talking about 7-10 games for a change now, and that might be too late to save the season if this keep spiraling badly.  I also don't think he's JUST here to watch the coaches.

Of course there's the possibility they pick it up at least short term with everyone on probation at this point and then a move really won't be imminent at that point.

Edited by NJDevs4978

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Hynes may be on the hot seat but I don't think it's imminent.  If they fired him this weekend then Fitz would literally have had like three days with the team, I doubt that's really enough to get a full understanding of what's going on.  I think you're talking about 7-10 games for a change now, and that might be too late to save the season if this keep spiraling badly.  I also don't think he's JUST here to watch the coaches.

Of course there's the possibility they pick it up at least short term with everyone on probation at this point.

I agree a move like this buys some time - but the Devils need a win still - if the Devils lose the next two games and go into the break 0-6-2, I think there's a good chance you could see a change - and by then Fitz will have been able to form an opinion about what's going wrong on the ice in regards to coaching.

I'm having too much fun with this. 

14 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

If they fired him this weekend then Fitz would literally have had like three days with the team, I doubt that's really enough to get a full understanding of what's going on. 

I can just read NJDevs, everyone here knows everything anyway!

9 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

and by then Fitz will have been able to form an opinion about what's going wrong on the ice in regards to coaching.

I already know...it sucks!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Hynes may be on the hot seat but I don't think it's imminent as in a game or two away.  If they fired him this weekend then Fitz would literally have had like three days with the team, I doubt that's really enough to get a full understanding of what's going on.  I think you're talking about 7-10 games for a change now, and that might be too late to save the season if this keep spiraling badly.  I also don't think he's JUST here to watch the coaches.

Of course there's the possibility they pick it up at least short term with everyone on probation at this point and then a move really won't be imminent at that point.

I think the only thing the Fitz move guarantees is that Hynes gets at least two more games until the five game break.  I don't think it should take him that long to figure out that Hynes is or is not beyond saving especially based on the results on Thursday and Saturday. 

13 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Too many cooks in the kitchen. I really don’t see how this works unless Fitz is the de facto head coach now. Coaches are incredibly territorial. I don’t think they would put him there to babysit. Is this moneyball and Hynes isn’t using the players properly? 

So strange. 

I don’t find it so strange. Management is trying to figure out what Hynes is doing wrong and whether it can be fixed. This is not a long term situation. 

42 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

According to Ray, Hynes came to him to ask for Fitz to join them on the coaching staff. Maybe not what we thought but I am not sure what to think.

this is like you going to your boss and admitting you’re lost and don’t have any answers

in fact, to me, this makes Hynes look even worse

• Like 4

13 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ll say this: anyone trying to move the Devils will find their tires flattened and sugar in their gas tank

No they won’t. 

Humor, this is mfitz.  Mfitz, meet humor.  It seems the two of you have never crossed paths.

• Like 1

imo the 1 through 4 rating system is a sticking point; i have brought it up again and again and i dont have time to get into it but, that is the key issue for me.

and thats on Shero

For instance, rate Hynes performance  on a scale of 1-4 with 1 being worst, now LGD! 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Nor yours. 

How cute.  You’re upset that I responded to your completely unprovoked attack and feel the need to double down, right?   It is so interesting when I see people attack strangers and then get upset when their attacks get called out.  It just makes you pathetic mfitz.  What’s worse, it damages this site by making most people not want to post here.  So if your goal is to slowly winnow away those who are willing to engage you until you’re conducting verbal masturbation sessions, then good work.  As for me, if you don’t like my response then perhaps you shouldn’t have started sh!t.  Welcome to block.

Just now, AEWHistory said:

How cute.  You’re upset that I responded to your completely unprovoked attack and feel the need to double down, right?   It is so interesting when I see people attack strangers and then get upset when their attacks get called out.  It just makes you pathetic mfitz.  What’s worse, it damages this site by making most people not want to post here.  So if your goal is to slowly winnow away those who are willing to engage you until you’re conducting verbal masturbation sessions, then good work.  As for me, if you don’t like my response then perhaps you shouldn’t have started sh!t.  Welcome to block.

Someone had a bad day. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Someone had a bad day. 

I am just tired on unprovoked personal attacks on this site.  It is why I rarely post.  This site is just awful sometimes....

• Like 1