Fire Hynes

Daniel

6 minutes ago, AEWHistory said:

I am just tired on unprovoked personal attacks on this site.  It is why I rarely post.  This site is just awful sometimes....

If you view those two posts as “personal attacks” you must be incredibly sensitive, or just not used to people talking to you. 

Edited by mfitz804

8 hours ago, AEWHistory said:

I am just tired on unprovoked personal attacks on this site.  It is why I rarely post.  This site is just awful sometimes....

So what Utopian site do you post on?

There’s a huge difference between “personal attacks” and jostling especially when the team isn’t winning.

sitepandawhalecom GIF

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

That's presuming you actually believe that lame ass cover story.  I'm shocked anyone does.

Yeah, I didn't even feel like Ray made a full-hearted attempt to bullsh!t. The only way John Hynes going to Ray and asking Fitz to come coach makes sense is if it was in the form of, "Listen Ray, Nasreddine sucks, I need Fitz to fill his role." And I don't really see him throwing anyone under the bus. 

16 hours ago, Daniel said:

I think the only thing the Fitz move guarantees is that Hynes gets at least two more games until the five game break.  I don't think it should take him that long to figure out that Hynes is or is not beyond saving especially based on the results on Thursday and Saturday. 

I wish I was as optimistic as you are. But I dont think Shero will ever fire Hynes.

I like that Fitz is going behind the bench. Maybe that will kick the guys in the ass to play better and make the coaches take better decisions. I understand being concerned with the coaches and the system and the decisions he takes cause I am concerned with Hynes and the staff. But the guys aren't playing well at all and are taking sh!t decisions constantly. They need to step up, they look real real bad and I refuse to think it's only because of coaching.  

26 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

I like that Fitz is going behind the bench. Maybe that will kick the guys in the ass to play better and make the coaches take better decisions. I understand being concerned with the coaches and the system and the decisions he takes cause I am concerned with Hynes and the staff. But the guys aren't playing well at all and are taking sh!t decisions constantly. They need to step up, they look real real bad and I refuse to think it's only because of coaching.  

Shero with the mafia move, Fitz will be analyzing every move Hynes makes. lol

Image result for eyeballing gif

Edited by Gunslinger27

i think the entire management team from Shero through Hynes and his staff is blaming this on the players. While they certainly shoulder blame, these guys clearly have skill and ability. Its for the coach to get the most out of it.

say what you want - this team is wrapped in a culture of losing. For the true core of this team, that's really all they've known. Yes, Zajac and Greene had winning seasons earlier in their career but that was a lifetime ago in sports. the one playoff run year seems like the outlier and these guys are almost conditioned to losing.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

i think the entire management team from Shero through Hynes and his staff is blaming this on the players. While they certainly shoulder blame, these guys clearly have skill and ability. Its for the coach to get the most out of it.

say what you want - this team is wrapped in a culture of losing. For the true core of this team, that's really all they've known. Yes, Zajac and Greene had winning seasons earlier in their career but that was a lifetime ago in sports. the one playoff run year seems like the outlier and these guys are almost conditioned to losing.

You're wrong-- Just saying what I want. The wrapped in a losing culture thing couldn't be more wrong. There is a difference between losing and a losing culture.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Hayden in over Boqvist tonight.

Just noting it

All we can be biased. Boqvist is shiny toy, Hayden is a grit man. Must be a grit man in ideal world. But I opened fenwick and Corsi stats and don’t understand. 

Edited by Guadana

3 hours ago, sundstrom said:

Harris and Blitzer seem to be OK with the status quo in Philly. The head coach there has been on the job for 7 years and has a winning pct under .400.  My biggest fear is the owners just look at the team as an investment and nothing more. If they win or lose, it's immaterial to them in such a scenario. 

• Angry 1

its a mix of both i guess... i mean... i usually like Palms... but he's been sh!t so far. So many times we lost possession because he made a terrible pass, couldnt control the puck or made bad decisions which often resulted in a goal or a scoring opportunity.. stuff like that is not on Hynes and it will happen to every players through a season.

But when ALL your players are strugling to achieve anything... then yeah.. thats often the coach

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Losing is accepted in this organization now. It’s sad.

It just really seems like really bad coaching to me.  The bottom line there's enough talent on our defense:  upper echelon like Subban, top 100  types like Severson and Vatanen, adequate like Greene, Butcher and not worse than replacement like Carrick.  Talent-wise this is far far superior to the 2012 group or even many of the post-lockout teams that were all comfortable playoff teams.  How can one not conclude it's the coaches?  It's similar with the forwards.  Have we had this talented a forward group since the lockout? 

• Like 1