Fire Hynes

Daniel

13 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Maybe Fitz takes Naz's place the bench, permanently.

I mean, if it somehow turns out that Hynes and his system isn't a problem.. just that Naz was completely inept.. that'd be a pretty surprisingly good outcome.

It honestly COULD be that though. Nas' ineptitude may have sheltered Hynes to an extent. Not saying Hynes is a great coach but sometimes the flies need to be removed from the sh!t pile and replaced with honey, then hopefully the bees will come back. Idk, I've had a few and I'm going full @SterioDesign minus the cuck-centric metaphors

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 2:41 AM, RunninWithTheDevil said:

It honestly COULD be that though. Nas' ineptitude may have sheltered Hynes to an extent. Not saying Hynes is a great coach but sometimes the flies need to be removed from the sh!t pile and replaced with honey, then hopefully the bees will come back. Idk, I've had a few and I'm going full @SterioDesign minus the cuck-centric metaphors

i guess i understand the intention but few things here... bees are attracted to scents and colors of flowers because they are gathering nectar for food... not honey.. they produce honey... Also bees don't go on pile of sh!t? but even if they would, what would be the benefits? is the team the pile of sh!t and the bees the coaches? im a bit confused here lol

• Haha 2

On 10/19/2019 at 1:41 AM, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Yea, but in that analogy isn’t the team still a pile of sh!t, just covered in honey?  😟

On 10/18/2019 at 11:49 AM, Devilsfan118 said:

Maybe Fitz takes Naz's place the bench, permanently.

I mean, if it somehow turns out that Hynes and his system isn't a problem.. just that Naz was completely inept.. that'd be a pretty surprisingly good outcome.

So are Hynes terrible lineup choices, lines, lack of in game changes and his inability to hold leads now all forgotten and it's Nasserdines fault.  I'll go with hell no but it is funny how two wins starts to changes some opinions on just how bad hynes is. Don't fall for it :)

I don't think Hynes is out of the woods yet. I still think they're "thinking hard" about Boquist.  (I think they wish they could send him to Bingo-but can't) Weve dug ourselves a pretty big hole, need to reel off wins to get back. Thank god Rag$/Flyers suck.. But Naz's is only supporting Hynes "system?

He's not out of the woods for me either.  It's great to get two wins in a row, but let's face it, they were both at home, and one of them we scored one goal, and it was on the PP.  We have a really long break right now, so we'll see how they perform on Friday being well rested, and then once they get on their first long road trip which happens to be the west coast one. 

I do think having Fitzgerald on the bench has helped bring a level of accountability to both the coaching staff and the players as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, titans04 said:

So are Hynes terrible lineup choices, lines, lack of in game changes and his inability to hold leads now all forgotten and it's Nasserdines fault.  I'll go with hell no but it is funny how two wins starts to changes some opinions on just how bad hynes is. Don't fall for it :)

I mean, it was more of a hypothetical suggestion on my part - but yes, winning does cure all ills to an extent.

If the team strings together another series of losses.. trust me, I'll still be calling for his head.

• Like 1

Gusev and Boqvist sit tomorrow.

Meanwhile guys like Wood and Hayden will get more TOI than our third and possibly first line up until halfway in the third when we are behind by 2 goals.

Instead of asking Hynes his rationale for these lines Abbey is more concerned about asking Rooney and Severson about their WS picks for tonight and Blackwood's Movember mustache.

I am pretty close to waving the white flag on this team.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 4

I was one of the people that was a little more realistic on the "fire Hynes timeline". We're finally getting close to the point where if they don't get going it has to be right around the corner. Hynes fault or not, the team needs a shakeup and the coach is always the one that falls on the sword. If this trip to western Canada goes badly, it'll happen soon after. 

Yeah, the media coverage this season, or lack thereof, has compounded things to be even more unbearable, if that were even possible. And then they shoot back at people who dare ask them to ask better questions about stuff the fanbase cares about. And then retweet/elevate the few worst a-holes in the fanbase (who do say stuff that's targeted and inappropriate) presumably to get sympathy points and adulation. Rinse and repeat.

It's like a sick joke of a cycle, what do we need to do to just have someone in the media that takes this job seriously enough to report the facts, the stats, and ask the common sense and straightforward questions we're all wondering like Tom Gulitti did?

Lord knows Gulitti had his share of trolls, he generally shrugged them off, didn't elevate them, so they didn't become a problem. And he was then able to cut through the BS to give us cut and dry coverage of the team that we could form our own conclusions on.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Hynes fault or not, the team needs a shakeup and the coach is always the one that falls on the sword. If this trip to western Canada goes badly, it'll happen soon after. 

This is kind of where I'm at. I don't think Hynes is entirely to blame, and I don't think a coaching change magically fixes this team. But, like I and others have said previously, you can't fire the whole team. 

I am totally OK with Gusev sitting, he's been dreadful despite managing to score a couple. Boqvist I still don't understand, they should've just sent him back to Europe if he wasn't going to play in favor of Hayden. I think Wood was going to play either way, and between Wood and Hayden, Wood is the better choice. 

26 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Yeah, the media coverage this season, or lack thereof, has compounded things to be even more unbearable, if that were even possible. And then they shoot back at people who dare ask them to ask better questions about stuff the fanbase cares about. And then retweet/elevate the few worst a-holes in the fanbase (who do say stuff that's targeted and inappropriate) presumably to get sympathy points and adulation. Rinse and repeat.

It's like a sick joke of a cycle, what do we need to do to just have someone in the media that takes this job seriously enough to report the facts, the stats, and ask the common sense and straightforward questions we're all wondering like Tom Gulitti did?

Lord knows Gulitti had his share of trolls, he generally shrugged them off, didn't elevate them, so they didn't become a problem. And he was then able to cut through the BS to give us cut and dry coverage of the team that we could form our own conclusions on. Apparently that's too much to ask for this (generally speaking) new crop of people providing "coverage" of the team. They take any feedback way too personally, but at the end of the day, all it is is that they need to do a better job.

I got blocked by Abbey after asking why, during a Devils game where we were getting destroyed, her first tweet in almost 40 minutes was about MLB baseball.  That was about all she wrote for me.

Amanda is the team's PR masquerading as a "reporter" so she gets a little bit of a pass.  Abbey would rather cover the Met's new manager search while Chris Ryan would rather make poor jokes goofing on the fanbase.  Any criticism of them, especially Amanda and Abbey, leads to people white knighting for them and even their reporter friends calling people out saying "you think you could do a better job?"

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I got blocked by Abbey after asking why, during a Devils game where we were getting destroyed, her first tweet in almost 40 minutes was about MLB baseball.  That was about all she wrote for me.

Amanda is the team's PR masquerading as a "reporter" so she gets a little bit of a pass.  Abbey would rather cover the Met's new manager search while Chris Ryan would rather make poor jokes goofing on the fanbase.  Any criticism of them, especially Amanda and Abbey, leads to people white knighting for them and even their reporter friends calling people out saying "you think you could do a better job?"

I'm fully expecting catching a block from her after saying one thing. I don't even think KK had such thin skin. And he was argueably better at his job. 

Edit: blocked me not even 30 seconds after I posted this lmao. All I said was "gotta love the hard hitting analysis" and didn't even mention her, just quoted her.

Edit 2: turns out she didn't block me (yet). She tweeted me and then deleted it.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

I'm fully expecting catching a block from her after saying one thing. I don't even think KK had such thin skin. And he was argueably better at his job. 

Edit: blocked me not even 30 seconds after I posted this lmao. All I said was "gotta love the hard hitting analysis" and didn't even mention her, just quoted her.

Edit 2: turns out she didn't block me (yet). She tweeted me and then deleted it.
What did she say to you?

10 minutes ago, Crisis said:
28 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

What did she say to you?

I didn't see the whole tweet before she dirty-deleted but it started with "it's just a joke..."

I get wanting to joke and keep things light as a reporter, but aside from her tweet about Carricks finger, that was her only tweet from practice today. 

Edit: just to be clear, this is the ONLY tweet I've ever sent about her. I'm not one of those pathetic trolls who does nothing but bully her and Amanda. But DevsMan already made some salient points about it above. Hit the nail on the head.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil