Fire Hynes

Daniel

I don’t even care at this point.  Ray might as well make him the forever coach and he can do his fake tough guy act.

We’re an organization that tolerates losing and incompetence, from the owners to Shero to the coaches.

Don’t even care if the team relocates because there’s nothing to root for.  

Come on, let's hear someone with more hyperbole.  Maybe hoping for the team's plane to crash?  Or the arena to collapse?  Digging up John McMullen's corpse to spit on it?  Someone's gotta have a topper for 'I don't care if the franchise moves' and 'This is the most embarrassing organization in sports' 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Come on, let's hear someone with more hyperbole.  Maybe hoping for the team's plane to crash?  Or the arena to collapse?  Digging up John McMullen's corpse to spit on it?  Someone's gotta have a topper for 'I don't care if the franchise moves' and 'This is the most embarrassing organization in sports' 

The organization quite obviously sees winning as optional.  In other words, they think the fans are suckers.  It’s the best thing to help get me out of the fog of really caring about a meaningless competition between millionaires and billionaires and other millionaires and billionaires.

Edited by Daniel

Just now, Daniel said:

The organization quite obviously sees winning as optional.  In other words, they think the fans are suckers.  It’s the best thing to help get me out of the fog of really caring about a meaningless competition between millionaires and billionaires.

You said this when the Devils didn't get Jacob Trouba and the team went out and got PK Subban as well as Simmonds and Gusev.  You thought the Devils were going to keep sitting out and keep adding talent through the draft. 

In other words, you don't know what you're talking about.  

Just now, Daniel said:

The organization quite obviously sees winning as optional.  In other words, they think the fans are suckers.  It’s the best thing to help get me out of the fog of really caring about a meaningless competition between millionaires and billionaires and other millionaires and billionaires.

Yes, they don’t care about winning.They just traded for Subban and Gusev for the hell of it. 

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I feel bad for the new guys on this forum. A few years ago you were someone who was well-spoken, you frequently posted in game threads about little behind-the-scenes plays that changed games. You had an awesome blog and you were the best fvcking person on the forum.

now you show up twice a month to tell people how to react to a loss. 

upsetting

There are no new guys on this forum, it's the same 30 people and mfitz.  So okay, one new guy.  And you guys have mostly lost your collective minds with the losing this franchise has done over the last few years.    I mean, in truth, it was always insane - it's a fan forum and people overreact to wins and losses, that's what they do.  But if you're going to say something as ill thought out as 'this is the most embarrassing franchise in pro sports' - then yes, I am going to call it out, because it is ridiculous.  The Devils have lost a lot of games the last few years.  But they are trying to win.  There's 10 franchises in sports that aren't even trying.  There's 10 franchises owned by absentee or incompetent owners.  The Washington football team.  The Dolphins.  The Knicks.  The Marlins.  That's four off the top of my head - teams that are incompetently run that are sticking with incompetence.  Teams that just have no realistic chance of long-term success.  I'd throw the Raiders in there too though they might be doing well this season.

This team is going through a rough stretch but they have the talent to win some games.  They might have to get rid of the coach to win.  But tonight is not one of the nights where anyone should complain about the coach.   The Devils worked a team that had over 100 points last season.  They couldn't get the goaltending.  They might need help there by season's end.

Edited by Triumph
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yes, they don’t care about winning.They just traded for Subban and Gusev for the hell of it. 

The coach who has only proven he can consistently lose at the NHL level is still there.

A high school coach can run a tough practice, which is all Hynes knows what to do.

But cheer up, he’s not getting fired, not ever.  And Ray can brag about how his second and third rounder trade game is still strong.  We’re in the same spot as when the season ended last year.  I almost hope the league takes away our first. 

6 minutes ago, Triumph said:

This team is going through a rough stretch but they have the talent to win some games.  They might have to get rid of the coach to win.  But tonight is not one of the nights where anyone should complain about the coach.   The Devils worked a team that had over 100 points last season.  They couldn't get the goaltending.  They might need help there by season's end.

Tri, I honestly look forward most of the time to you coming on here and be the voice of reason. But they need a new coach, period, dot. Hynes' message has fallen on deaf ears, and he cannot find a way to get this team to shut down another team form less than 20 minutes and get a freaking win, yet again. If tonight was the first or even the second time they've blown a multi-goal lead, so be it. But we're 10 games in, and they've pissed away no fewer than 3 multi-goal leads. Someone needs to pay for that, and the fact Ray is stating pat is infuriating to me. His blind loyalty to Hynes and the clueless wonder Nasraddine is inexcusable.

I know he's worked miracles, literally building a good roster from a literal pile of cow-sh!t, but at some point, you have to look at your body of work and wonder why the hell a team that should easily compete for the wild card is floundering, yet again. And failing so emphatically.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Tri, I honestly look forward most of the time to you coming on here and be the voice of reason. But they need a new coach, period, dot. Hynes' message has fallen on deaf ears, and he cannot find a way to get this team to shut down another team form less than 20 minutes and get a freaking win, yet again. If tonight was the first or even the second time they've blown a multi-goal lead, so be it. But we're 10 games in, and they've pissed away no fewer than 3 multi-goal leads. Someone needs to pay for that, and the fact Ray is stating pat is infuriating to me. His blind loyalty to Hynes and the clueless wonder Nasraddine is inexcusable.

I know he's worked miracles, literally building a good roster from a literal pile of cow-sh!t, but at some point, you have to look at your body of work and wonder why the hell a team that should easily compete for the wild card is floundering, yet again. And failing so emphatically.

I mean, again, tonight is not the night for this.  Yes, they blew a multi-goal lead.  They were dominating the game while they blew that lead.  When Tampa scored to make it 5-4, they didn't sag back.  They got several high-quality chances and had several good shifts in Tampa's end.  PK's stick breaks and they end up giving up a goal that goes in off Hall's skate and stick - it was Tampa's next chance to score and they did.  What can you do about that?  What is the coach supposed to do?  Tell the players to hang back and just allow Tampa in their zone?  What is the cure for that?  

Just now, Triumph said:

I mean, again, tonight is not the night for this.  Yes, they blew a multi-goal lead.  They were dominating the game while they blew that lead.  When Tampa scored to make it 5-4, they didn't sag back.  They got several high-quality chances and had several good shifts in Tampa's end.  PK's stick breaks and they end up giving up a goal that goes in off Hall's skate and stick - it was Tampa's next chance to score and they did.  What can you do about that?  What is the coach supposed to do?  Tell the players to hang back and just allow Tampa in their zone?  What is the cure for that?  

Agreed, but when is enough enough. Cause after we scored in the first, we saw the same stupid passive defensive zone posture that lead to the lead gone and being behind 2-1.

tonight is not on hynes - again, i would actually said he did a good job with the forward lines. he made some adjustments moving zacha and nico for a couple shifts with hall and palms. he moved coleman with nico on a shift or two. and he limited the 4th liners.

i know that we keep saying if they consistently play like they did tonight and against arizona, they win more often than they lose.

but goaltending can sink that every time and it has pretty much every time this season.

this team desparetely needs a LD1 and a league avg goaltender.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

tonight is not on hynes - again, i would actually said he did a good job with the forward lines. he made some adjustments moving zacha and nico for a couple shifts with hall and palms. he moved coleman with nico on a shift or two. and he limited the 4th liners.

i know that we keep saying if they consistently play like they did tonight and against arizona, they win more often than they lose.

but goaltending can sink that every time and it has pretty much every time this season.

That might resonate if not for this

6240C3F6-4EC6-4CB2-B7EF-1BEE1AFEBBF6.png

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

yeah at this point i think we'd still need a coaching change as a shake up but many losses like the Oilers games too was on the goaltending... if Blackwood controlled that puck. McDavid was not picking it up and scoring a tying goals at the end of the game. Same with many of our games that we lost by a goal.

Not that the team has been playing incredibly well every game... but well enough to win many of those

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Don’t even care if the team relocates because there’s nothing to root for.  

This is about the only line I won't cross. 

I do want to bring a large banner that says Hynes must go next game though. Something needs to change. I'm surprised the younger portion of this fan base, who have pretty much experienced nothing but losing besides 2012 haven't become more vocal themselves. 

Hynes might not even be completely at fault but we can't get rid of all the players and this guys has done nothing but basically lose since getting here. It's not acceptable anymore. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Triumph said:

There are no new guys on this forum, it's the same 30 people and mfitz.  So okay, one new guy.  And you guys have mostly lost your collective minds with the losing this franchise has done over the last few years.    I mean, in truth, it was always insane - it's a fan forum and people overreact to wins and losses, that's what they do.  But if you're going to say something as ill thought out as 'this is the most embarrassing franchise in pro sports' - then yes, I am going to call it out, because it is ridiculous.  The Devils have lost a lot of games the last few years.  But they are trying to win.  There's 10 franchises in sports that aren't even trying.  There's 10 franchises owned by absentee or incompetent owners.  The Washington football team.  The Dolphins.  The Knicks.  The Marlins.  That's four off the top of my head - teams that are incompetently run that are sticking with incompetence.  Teams that just have no realistic chance of long-term success.  I'd throw the Raiders in there too though they might be doing well this season.

You know what's funny?

The last guy who joined this forum and was quite active left the forum primarily because of MB cause he was constantly an a$$hole to him. That's a straight up fact, the dude even PMed me about it before he left. Of course and to be fair he was an emotional mess and an absolute goof, won't be missed much. But MB is still the one who sent him over the edge... not you with your bi-monthly posts. lol

Also welcome to the club of people apparently "telling MB how to react" when all we're doing is pointing out and mocking how ridiculous some reactions are after losses. 

Edited by SterioDesign

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

We’re the most embarrassing American professional sports organization I can think of.

i am ashamed to openly root for this lot of fvcking losers. 

As a fan of the NY Jets, I'm gonna have to disagree. 

Not that I'm enjoying the Devils season at all, but it could be worse

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

We’re the most embarrassing American professional sports organization I can think of.

i am ashamed to openly root for this lot of fvcking losers. 

We're not even the most embarrasing organization I root for though the Devils are FAST passing the Mets and coming up right behind the Jets.  Rebuild 2.0 here we come!

Edited by NJDevs4978

We aren't the worst team in professional sports but we have been one of the worst teams in the NHL in the past 8 years.... I even like our owners....However missing the playoffs 7 of the past 8 seasons is unacceptable. Just think of how bad we would be if we didn't win Nico and Hughes in the draft.

We are on pace to finish last in the division for the 3rd time in the past 4 years. It's unacceptable. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

We aren't the worst team in professional sports but we have been one of the worst teams in the NHL in the past 8 years.... I even like our owners....However missing the playoffs 7 of the past 8 seasons is unacceptable. Just think of how bad we would be if we didn't win Nico and Hughes in the draft.

We are on pace to finish last in the division for the 3rd time in the past 4 years. It's unacceptable. 

Yep. To me this was Hynes make or break season. Shero added some nice pieces, and pretty much did everything he could to ice a competitive team. If things don’t turn around quickly Hynes has to go, and Schneider has to be bought out. You can’t just keep letting one player sink entire seasons year after year. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Hynes has to go simply because something has to change. The fire Hynes chants were starting tonight. He's just lucky that his name doesn't rhyme as easily with a chant like "Low must go" 

Hynes needs to go, now. I don’t care if it’s his fault or not, we’ve blown Literally half of our games 3 of those we had multi-goal leads. fvck the excuses already. You can’t trade 23 players, hell no one in the league would want a few of them anyway, so do the easy thing and fire the clueless wonder behind the bench. I mean you literally have the assistant GM right freaking there watching this disaster first hand. 

• Like 2