Fire Hynes

Daniel

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Hynes has more job security than Warren Buffett so long as Shero is the GM.  He’s not going anywhere.

Unfortunately you're 100% right. Hynes isn't going anywhere because Shero won't fire "one of his guys" unless he's absolutely forced to do so. Which Harris & Blitzer likely won't do judging by their actions as owners of the 76ers... 

My friends, this could get ugly. 

22 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Unfortunately you're 100% right. Hynes isn't going anywhere because Shero won't fire "one of his guys" unless he's absolutely forced to do so. Which Harris & Blitzer likely won't do judging by their actions as owners of the 76ers... 

My friends, this could get ugly. 

“Get?” I’d say it already is. After all the excitement over the summer did anyone honestly expect a last place team? I sure as hell didn’t. 

Between our “star player” calling out the fans, atrocious goaltending, blown lead after blown lead, this is turning into a disaster of a season. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

“Get?” I’d say it already is. After all the excitement over the summer did anyone honestly expect a last place team? I sure as hell didn’t. 

Between our “star player” calling out the fans, atrocious goaltending, blown lead after blown lead, this is turning into a disaster of a season. 

I guess I was referring to my ominous prediction of the Devils slipping into becoming a perennial loser, the coaching staff remaining due to the relationship between the GM and head coach, the players (and fans) losing interest,  and ownership being indifferent. I hope I'm wrong about ownership...them stepping in could be the only thing that saves this franchise. 

Edited by slasher72

Somethings got to give. Putting Fitz behind the bench hasn't helped.  If Hynes is let go, I'm guess it's Kowalski or Fitz that takes over.. I'm in agreement that Shero will go 1st because of his allegiance to Hynes, (like he did with Bylsma) and having a "plan" that didn't come to fruition. Folks won't bother to go to games, so pressure is on. 

This brings up replacement guy as a "defense 1st coach" (Trotz (killing it)/Tippett  (killing it) Might be getting ahead of myself but I believe Marty will succeed Shero, or(Maybe Fitzy.)

Hard to get over the fact that only a month & a half ago we were thinking this was easily a playoff team & Hall would sign. Unraveling it is says Yota 

5 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The longer Fitz stays on the bench with the same things happening the more I'm convinced he won't make a difference anyway.  Unless he's sabotaging Hynes, which would be some risky long-ass game he's playing.

I definitely don't think the coaching staff is helping much right now (especially when Dumb But Angry won't ever think outside the box, like considering taking a timeout when Ottawa tied it up...maybe that would've helped, maybe not, but goddamn TRY something out of the ordinary man!  Not like he hasn't seen games unravel in third periods before), but the players gotta look in the mirror too.  Taylor is high up on that list...I know he leads the team in points and he's getting his shots and of course there's no way in Hell that he shoots 3.2% for the season, but he's looking more and more like that guy who gets his shots but doesn't finish enough (the one who averaged 25.8 G per 82 GP on 9.5% shooting in the five seasons prior to his MVP year).  And last night he was maddening at times. 

• Like 1

Never really understood the Shero waited too long on Bylsma, the guy lost in the 3rd and 2nd rounds his last two years with 665 and 750 winning percentages. Hynes hasn't won anything of importance, his leash should be much shorter imo.

2008-09 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL Head 25 18 3 0 4 0.800 Won Championship
2009-10 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL Head 82 47 28 0 7 0.616 Lost in round 2
2010-11 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL Head 82 49 25 0 8 0.646 Lost in round 1
2011-12 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL Head 82 51 25 0 6 0.659 Lost in round 1
2012-13 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL Head 48 36 12 0 0 0.750 Lost in round 3
2013-14 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL Head 82 51 24 0 7 0.665 Lost in round 2
Edited by titans04
  • Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:19 AM, mfitz804 said:

They won two Cups in short order after that firing, so its pretty clear you’re right. 

If firing Hynes in 2019 meant we win the Cup in 2021 and 2022, I’d be ok with that. 

If we fire Hynes in November of 2019, we could win the Cup in June of 2020.

Okay I am on board now! I hate his stupid face after these 3rd period goals. I know they only show a few seconds, so it's not the full picture, but it seems like he is always silently staring or looking down at his notes...Rarely see him chomping at guys to keep their heads up or doing much coaching at all

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If we fire Hynes in November of 2019, we could win the Cup in June of 2020.

As it’s constructed, this team should be in the thick of the Wild Card hunt, but Dumb But Angry (I’m making this a thing, @Colorado Rockies 1976) is an absolute idiot who thinks he can use pee wee tactics in the NHL. Up a goal? Sit on it! We can do it! It’s not like our defensive system is a joke, and our third pair is less productive than a dry fart or anything. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jagknife said:

As it’s constructed, this team should be in the thick of the Wild Card hunt, but Dumb But Angry (I’m making this a thing, @Colorado Rockies 1976) is an absolute idiot who thinks he can use pee wee tactics in the NHL. Up a goal? Sit on it! We can do it! It’s not like our defensive system is a joke, and our third pair is less productive than a dry fart or anything. 

You can go with D.B.A. too if that saves you a little time.

Yeah, I've described his seemingly sole expression like that for a while now, but after seeing that damned look (and of course with no words) yet again on the bench after yet another 3rd period collapse...that's now how I think of him.  No more John, Coach, Mr. Hynes...from now on, until further notice (preferably delivered by pink slip), he's Dumb But Angry (D.B.A.)

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You can go with D.B.A. too if that saves you a little time.

Yeah, I've described his seemingly sole expression like that for a while now, but after seeing that damned look (and of course with no words) yet again on the bench after yet another 3rd period collapse...that's now I think of him.  No more John, Coach, Mr. Hynes...from now on, until further notice (preferably delivered by pink slip), he's Dumb But Angry (D.B.A.)

Ottawa’s coach after the butcher goal was on fire, trying to get his team motivated to get back in the game.

After the equalizer, DBA was just there. Expressionless, doing nothing to rally the troops.

Also, and this is for anyone who watched last night, I looked away to deal with the kiddos at the timeout but it looked like NAS was the one calling the play when I looked back. Please tell me I’m wrong. Lord knows DBA would be dumb enough to say “you’re a train wreck at your job, why not!”

Just now, jagknife said:

Ottawa’s coach after the butcher goal was on fire, trying to get his team motivated to get back in the game.

After the equalizer, DBA was just there. Expressionless, doing nothing to rally the troops.

Also, and this is for anyone who watched last night, I looked away to deal with the kiddos at the timeout but it looked like NAS was the one calling the play when I looked back. Please tell me I’m wrong. Lord knows DBA would be dumb enough to say “you’re a train wreck at your job, why not!”

Nas has always been that guy in the timeout. I don't think that is anything new. Who cares anyway, Hall followed the game plan and threw the puck right onto Pageau's stick.

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Nas has always been that guy in the timeout. I don't think that is anything new. Who cares anyway, Hall followed the game plan and threw the puck right onto Pageau's stick.

I guess since that was pretty much our first timeout of the year, I forgot.

but why is our clueless defensive coach have any say in how the offense should execute in the offensive zone?

fvck it, doesn’t matter, they’re all idiots behind that bench, and Shero is sipping cocoa watching the roster he built swirl the bowl.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I guess since that was pretty much our first timeout of the year, I forgot.

but why is our clueless defensive coach have any say in how the offense should execute in the offensive zone?

fvck it, doesn’t matter, they’re all idiots behind that bench, and Shero is sipping cocoa watching the roster he built swirl the bowl.

I thought Nas was the special teams coach and Kowalski(y)? was the defensive coach. Whatever, fire them all lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steadevils said:

Okay I am on board now! I hate his stupid face after these 3rd period goals. I know they only show a few seconds, so it's not the full picture, but it seems like he is always silently staring or looking down at his notes...Rarely see him chomping at guys to keep their heads up or doing much coaching at all

He did that plenty when our team was 75% gritty unskilled plugs a couple years ago+. We weren't great then, but we made things really hard on teams, kept games tight, did things the right way. Hynes even got angry in pressers after some wins when we didn't play well. The players responded then because they knew their deficiencies and limitations as a unit, but saw that he was able to craft a system that played to their strengths (or lack thereof) and made them somewhat effective and competitive.

Can't do that now. Can't really do that with a highly skilled team of very promising prospects and elite or borderline-elite players, seems obvious the guys aren't listening to him anymore, doubt they respect his vision or system, and it shows.

He's only an effective coach for an unskilled subpar team to punch above their weight class, not vice versa, and it's obvious.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 3