Fire Hynes

Daniel

As far as the whole "Fire Hynes" thing goes...I think we're closer to it happening than most think.  I'm guessing Shero is looking at the Devils' decent record when Cory didn't start (7-4-2 heading into last night), and is saying "OK, if Cory's that big of a problem, then I'll remove him from the equation." 

And then there was Tennyson, who's clearly played more than he should have.  Now that Vatanen is back, there's another excuse that Hynes doesn't have anymore. 

Of course, who knows how much of an improvement Domingue will be over Cory (hard to imagine that he won't be though, as Cory's numbers so far in 2019 were off-the-charts rotten), but I think Shero will soon reach the point where he'll say "OK, I've been very patient, I've removed a guy who was clearly a huge detriment to the team having a chance to win when he was in net, I've assembled a team that I thought should be competitive, what else am I supposed to do?"  If Fitzgerald could be interpreted as the first salvo (who knows if Hynes really asked Shero if Fitz could step behind the bench) in the "Warm up Hynes' seat" offensive, then I say that Cory being demoted is the second.  If you want to argue that Shero's vision of what this team can be is flawed, you can do that...but I think HE still believes in it...and if that's case, and some of Hynes' ready-made fallbacks (like Cory being awful) are being eliminated, soon Shero's not going to have much choice but to conclude that his coach isn't the guy to get the most out of this team.     

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

How can Shero sit here and honestly tell himself this team responds to this coaching staff? How the fvck does he watch this sh!t night in and night out and not think changing coaches could only help? Enough Ray. Don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining. Fire these fvcking clowns already. 

This is essentially my biggest issue with him and the team.  Remember all the stuff we saw/heard about the team spending time together with the head coach and staff, doing activities, bonding, etc?  Yeah, well it either didn't work, or was BS.  I don't know if it's a respect thing, or them just not being motivated, but they clearly aren't playing for him.  I don't believe he has the locker room.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

This is essentially my biggest issue with him and the team.  Remember all the stuff we saw/heard about the team spending time together with the head coach and staff, doing activities, bonding, etc?  Yeah, well it either didn't work, or was BS.  I don't know if it's a respect thing, or them just not being motivated, but they clearly aren't playing for him.  I don't believe he has the locker room.

Re the bolded: For the first time since Hynes has been coach that's exactly what I thought during last nights game.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Toasterleavins said:

Anybody think we could get Lemaire back again? 🤔 

And whats Larry Robinson up to these days?

Larry is the Senior Consultant in Hockey Operations for the Blues. I doubt he'll want to be the head coach of a team at this point of his career, but man what I'd give to have him coach the defense...

Hell him or Scotty for that matter.

• Like 1

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Those petitions don't even do anything for issues that actually matter, let alone getting a sh!tty coach on a sh!tty hockey team fired. 

But it doesn’t hurt to sign it.  We barely have any say with what happens but if by some miracle someone close to the team happens to see it that could help, please, just the 2 min it takes to sign, please.

2 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

But it doesn’t hurt to sign it.  We barely have any say with what happens but if by some miracle someone close to the team happens to see it that could help, please, just the 2 min it takes to sign, please.

We have 0 say in what happens. Internet petition or not. Voting with your wallet does more than this. 

4 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

They will giggle at it if they see that. 

Perhaps, but why not sign it?  It’s def more than what we’re currently accomplishing by just calling for his head in here.  I saw someone else posting for another coach to be fired on the site and he actually was.

Just now, ajsgolf said:

Perhaps, but why not sign it?  It’s def more than what we’re currently accomplishing by just calling for his head in here.  I saw someone else posting for another coach to be fired on the site and he actually was.

I am too old to sign online petitions, I find them lame. no offense to you. Common sense should get hynes fired,.

8 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

I am too old to sign online petitions, I find them lame. no offense to you. Common sense should get hynes fired,.

I find them lame as well, but drastic times call for drastic measures and I’m sick of just watching this $hit unfold.  Even if this doesn’t accomplish jack $hit I feel the need to do anything I fvcking can.  I’m not using the name “jack” in vain there.  I def love Hughes’ potential.

There’s obviously no fvcking common sense with anyone in a management position on that franchise so someone’s gotta fvcking do something.

Edited by ajsgolf

Then a “fire hynes” chant needs to be organized at the 10 min mark of each period.  How does that get done?  How does that get passed on to the masses?  I’d figure in here would be a good starting point.  Come on guys, please help me here.  This is fvcking bullsh!t watching this pathetic team.

28 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

We have 0 say in what happens. Internet petition or not. Voting with your wallet does more than this. 

Are you sure? Won’t a team make decisions based on an online petition? 

4 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Then a “fire hynes” chant needs to be organized at the 10 min mark of each period.  How does that get done?  How does that get passed on to the masses?  I’d figure in here would be a good starting point.  Come on guys, please help me here.  This is fvcking bullsh!t watching this pathetic team.

That’s equally as pointless.