Fire Hynes

Daniel

I have to disagree about Shero's (Castron's) drafting. In 2016, the most impressive player picked after DeBrincat (picked in the early second) is Jesper Bratt. Sure, maybe they should have taken Chychrun over McLeod with the first round pick, but that draft class as a whole is not looking so strong. Anderson, Rykov, and Davies were all good picks.

While Studenic and Zetterlund are not looking so promising right now, Castron got Hischier and Boqvist out of the 2017 draft. Talvitie looks like he has a future in the NHL, and Walsh could be next year's Adam Fox. I could go through the next two drafts too, but I think we all know that it's too early to tell with those. 

They aren't hitting home runs on every pick, but it's impossible to. Drafting is one thing that I think has gone well since Castron has been in charge.

I was on the fire Hynes train two weeks ago, but now I have become indifferent. Can't remember ever being this indifferent about the Devils by Thanksgiving. I'd rather see Hall traded than Hynes fired. A Hall trade would/will at least have the momentary excitement of the return that might bring some hope for the future. Feel like firing Hynes would/will be more of a bloodletting than something that brings hope any to the franchise. 

27 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Everyone here thought we added quality parts in the off season  we needed to improve. Everyone! Jack Hughes (is struggling to say the least against men-He will be great though) Everyone thought Boquist was next Forsberg (not even close) Gusev was the final piece of the puzzle (getting better but a ways away) PK has been not so good so far (and not talking about offensive input) Hayden (he is what he is) Also I feel the reason Hynes plays Hayden/Rooney is for physicality. That's why Bratt/ Zacha are sitting I guess. 

So has this team underperformed? Or,  is the team (as constructed)  not nearly good enough? or overated? The new guys (#86, #97, #90, #15, PK haven't been here long enough to "tune Hynes out" I'm just skeptical of Hynes replacement. ( likely Kowalski) 

No he’s not. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nessus said:

I have to disagree about Shero's (Castron's) drafting. In 2016, the most impressive player picked after DeBrincat (picked in the early second) is Jesper Bratt. Sure, maybe they should have taken Chychrun over McLeod with the first round pick, but that draft class as a whole is not looking so strong. Anderson, Rykov, and Davies were all good picks.

While Studenic and Zetterlund are not looking so promising right now, Castron got Hischier and Boqvist out of the 2017 draft. Talvitie looks like he has a future in the NHL, and Walsh could be next year's Adam Fox. I could go through the next two drafts too, but I think we all know that it's too early to tell with those. 

They aren't hitting home runs on every pick, but it's impossible to. Drafting is one thing that I think has gone well since Castron has been in charge.

i don't want homeruns - i want actual NHL players. I will give some credit for picking nico over nolan but it's still a 1OA so not too hard. boqvist might be something but we've got a way to go to see that.

i agree that at the time, these picks made sense and they weren't the dreaded connor chatham type idiotic moves. but i'm not seeing anyone get better in bingo and for all we like about bratt, hynes still finds reason to scratch him.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

i don't want homeruns - i want actual NHL players. I will give some credit for picking nico over nolan but it's still a 1OA so not too hard. boqvist might be something but we've got a way to go to see that.

i agree that at the time, these picks made sense and they weren't the dreaded connor chatham type idiotic moves. but i'm not seeing anyone get better in bingo and for all we like about bratt, hynes still finds reason to scratch him.

It does seem like we are getting a lot of guys who do well the year or two after they are drafted, but can't get over the hump and make it as NHL regulars or even as positive AHL players (Speers, Gignac, Anderson, Studenic, Zetterlund, Maltzev maybe adding soon: walsh and Ty Smith who are not in the AHl, but are having down starts to the year). I would have liked to see Anderson called up instead of Seney as I think he has the best chance at carving out an NHL career out of the people down in the Bing.  Binghamton has been absolutely terrible again to start this year which is really disappointing given it is now full of a lot of of Shero draft picks. I doubt it is enough of a sample to point to how the organization develops as an issue, but it is something to keep an eye on (Players seem to succeed before, but then fail in the AHL/NHL).

To bring it back to this thread: Hynes certainly does not seem like someone who gets the best out of young players.

22 minutes ago, Steadevils said:

The one thing I will say is that all signs point to the fact that Hynes does seem to be a genuinely good person on and off the ice and given what is going on across the hockey coaching landscape, he does deserve some credit for that.

That’s exactly what a reptilian would want you to think...

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That’s exactly what a reptilian would want you to think...

Found another pic after him after that first Wild goal, from a different angle:

Image result for turtle coming out of shell gif

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Hynes taking a 5-1 win against the Red Wings, worst team in the league, washing his hands and thinking he cracked the code and doesn't need to change anything for the game after, that's amateur hour coaching. A man without any ideas.

You don't go 2 games in a row with players like Zacha and Bratt benched and Hayden and Seney in, you just don't. Amateur hour.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

No he’s not. 

My thought was that he has looked way better "against men" than Nico looked year one. Nico put up a decent amount of points that year despite the fact that he could be knocked off the puck with a feather. 

I think Jack's speed and ability have prevented him from looking that way, or at least make him look less that way than Nico looked year one.  

Edited by mfitz804

2 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

Hynes taking a 5-1 win against the Red Wings, worst team in the league, washing his hands and thinking he cracked the code and doesn't need to change anything for the game after, that's amateur hour coaching. A man without any ideas.

You don't go 2 games in a row with players like Zacha and Bratt benched and Hayden and Seney in, you just don't. Amateur hour.

Cue ball also ought to take a look in the mirror and see maybe he's the reason that players are underperforming.  That would require him to have some kind of self awareness which is a trait that you're not allowed to have to be in any sort of management position in this organization.  Just tell Ray he's doing a great job and you keep your job.  It's that simple. 

2 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

It's beyond insane, the amount of wtf lineups we've seen this year aside from opening day.

7 minutes ago, devlman said:

Why is Taylor Hall still on this team? Trade him for some young talent and let this core grow.

It really is surprising. I’m guessing Shero hasn’t been getting offers he feels are fair. But at some point he’ll have to just take what he can get. 

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I’m not expecting miracles. If the play at a 90 point pace and make some moves to improve, I’ll be looking forward to next year. 

9 minutes ago, devlman said:

Why is Taylor Hall still on this team? Trade him for some young talent and let this core grow.

It’s about that time, isn’t it.