Fire Hynes

Daniel

4 hours ago, jagknife said:

I posted in the other thread, but it’ll go in this one too, if Shero keeps Hynes the entire season, I want him gone too. Stop wasting our fvcking time and resources.

He’s playing the fans for fools if he continues on this course of action.

yup, if a GM insists on having a loser as a coach then he is a loser to.

I wonder what the record is for most losses by a coach in a tenure .. 

6 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

Unless Shero fires Hynes in the next couple of days, which would be shocking, Hynes will have the most losses for a Devils head coach ever.  By comparison, he will have passed Jacques Lemaire who also coached the team for like four more seasons. 

Bottom line, if Hynes is still the coach when we get out of bed tomorrow morning, which he certainly will be, this franchise is done.  Ray Shero is like some sort of twisted gypsy curse on all of us. 

Edited by Daniel

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Unless Shero fires Hynes in the next couple of days, which would be shocking, Hynes will have the most losses for a Devils head coach ever.  By comparison, he will have passed Jacques Lemaire who also coached the team for like four more seasons. 

Bottom line, if Hynes is still the coach when we get out of bed tomorrow morning, which he certainly will be, this franchise is done.  Ray Shero is like some sort of twisted gypsy curse on all of us. 

he's breaking that record for sure and may be just getting warmed up

7 hours ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

I'm not sure what the record for total for losses is but  saw this on Twitter.

• Like 2

This is possibly the defining moment of Rays rebuild. The decisions he needs to make over the next 2 months need to pan out or he could be looking for employment elsewhere. 

He needs to fire Hynes and make the right appointment , someone who can work with young players. 

He then needs to get a good return for Hall. There is very little doubt in my mind that hall is out the door as soon as he can get free. Currently I am less bothered about that than I ever have been, but Ray needs to get something very good in return. 

I have a lot of faith in him to do the right thing. I can't really say that I have ever been unhappy with his decision making. Bit these are things he just has to get right. 

• Like 5

So I slept on it, didn’t even watch highlights (nor the game for that matter) and my blood is still boiling over what has happened to this franchise.

When you’re in the running to match the same level of losing as Doug Carpenter (he coached from 85-88 for the youngins, new fans, or people who didn’t want to google it themselves), then you are a dogsh!t, pathetic head coach.

When you are DBA, and you can’t get this kind of lineup to win, let alone play motivated hockey, you should take a long look in the mirror, realize you’re drowning in the NHL, and resign. Pathetic piece of sh!t.

And fvck you, Ray, for sticking by your boy for this long and killing any morale I have regarding this team. You’re now as much of the problem as the bald headed clueless idiot behind the bench.

(okay, I feel a little better after ranting there)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

This is possibly the defining moment of Rays rebuild. The decisions he needs to make over the next 2 months need to pan out or he could be looking for employment elsewhere. 

He needs to fire Hynes and make the right appointment , someone who can work with young players. 

He then needs to get a good return for Hall. There is very little doubt in my mind that hall is out the door as soon as he can get free. Currently I am less bothered about that than I ever have been, but Ray needs to get something very good in return. 

I have a lot of faith in him to do the right thing. I can't really say that I have ever been unhappy with his decision making. Bit these are things he just has to get right. 

My only quibble with the above is that I would be OK with an interim guy for now.  I don’t think he has to find THE guy right away.  But Hynes and his crew definitely gotta go.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HellOnICE said:

Who knows if Oates even wants that. We have some fresh voices with Patrik, Madden, Sal - I think has done a good job on commentary where I think he understands the game and explains it well. Melanson, Clemmer- we have options. 

Madden as head coach, Patrik as an assistant for the forwards, and Salvador as an assistant for the defense. Give them the rest of the season. 

48900595153_a7baa323ca_b.jpg

hynes has nothing left in his bag to motivate this bunch.. I actually  think he was very good at it for past years.. but eventually guys will get burnt out...  time for a change in voice and strategy.. the system needs a tweak, and we need a restart on the rebuild...  again get rid of the old , and evaluate the youth.

.I really dont know how many more games I can watch ,as is..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I mean I'm starting to really worry that Hynes has stunted the development of our young guys.

Nico, Zacha, Bratt.. they all look like they've taken a step back.  I was really hoping for a breakout year from Nico.

Severson’s horrendous set backs only further the argument the AHL-at-best coach is a plague on the franchise. But it’s okay, they found their performance unacceptable for the umpteenth time so surely something different will happen. fvcking losers in management.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, jagknife said:

If (When) we get smoked by Buffalo tomorrow, I expect a fan to put Hynes in a barrel and send him over the Falls. Enough of this sh!t already

Who told you of my plans?  I’ve been ousted.  Only thing that sucks is I don’t live anywhere near buffalo.  I expect someone to send over a private jet for me though.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I mean I'm starting to really worry that Hynes has stunted the development of our young guys.

Nico, Zacha, Bratt.. they all look like they've taken a step back.  I was really hoping for a breakout year from Nico.

The strategy is to sit the youngins til they learn to play hockey from the stands. It seems to be working, right? 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

Who told you of my plans?  I’ve been ousted.  Only thing that sucks is I don’t live anywhere near buffalo.  I expect someone to send over a private jet for me though.

I got your Uber from the Falls to Buffalo-Niagara International Airport. You’re on the hook for flights to and from though... sorry

Edited by jagknife