Fire Hynes

Daniel

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I gotta admit, I can't believe Hynes wasn't canned after that game.  There's more than enough that's happened that NO ONE could argue that this would've been a knee-jerk reaction. 

I'm still hopeful with Shero (I've said this elsewhere, but I think most of his moves have been good ones that just aren't working out, especially lately), but keeping Hynes here is almost starting to feel like trolling...damned near Met-like. 

Yeah, this has me both worried and pissed at the same time.  Worried because it makes me question Shero's ability to build this team into a winner, and pissed because as you said it's almost troll-level.  There's no reason to keep Hynes anymore.  Zero.  And after Saturday it should've happened when the clock hit 0:00.  That was one of the worst games I've seen any NHL team play in long time. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The posts about timing of Hynes getting fired make me laugh every time. 

“ I’m going to be upset if he isn’t fired by 10am tomorrow”. 

There is ZERO indication that he will even be fired at all, let along on anyone’s perceived time schedule. 

I agree there's no reason to believe he'll be fired soon - if it hasn't happened yet, what would give anyone an indication that it'll happen tomorrow?  The worst has already happened - we're at rock bottom, and Hynes is still here.  So yeah, I think he's staying.

But are you going to tell me you don't think it should've happened already?  Assuming your answer is no, then that would be putting a schedule to it...

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

There is ZERO indication that he will even be fired at all, let along on anyone’s perceived time schedule. 

I just look at each loss with jaw on the floor wondering how in the name of Zeus' butthole this idiot still has a job. Common sense would dictate he would have been fired, but here we are, still making you laugh every other game.

Its truly remarkable how someone so bad at their job has such job security. Like, if we had piss poor rosters still, fine, I get it, but as we said all the damn time now, this lineup shouldn't be this abysmal.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah I'm definitely not a "By this specific time on this specific day" guy, but I do wonder exactly what the final straw is.  Saturday was just awful. 

• Like 7

24 hours later and I'm still in awe at how it took a friggin RANGERS reporter to state the obvious and call out management on this mess and not any one of our useless beat writers.  However, deep down, I am not surprised.

Everything that is even mildly associated with the team is a gong show now.

• Like 6

On 11/27/2019 at 1:03 AM, SterioDesign said:

I'm not on board with the concept that a coach "stifles" a players talent. You are what you are when you're drafted, and nothing more. A (good) head coach doesn't stand next to a player & give him pointers on how  to shoot better.  If your skating/shooting needs improvement, do it over the summer.(w/skills coach)  Tell me one guy Hynes has 'ruined"? This means he's never given player an opportunity to prove himself. Nico took a step back because of coaching?  Hall took a step back because of coaching? Has Subban taken a step back because of coaching? Has Hynes given Hughes an opportunity? Not a Hynes lover/hater and maybe he's lost the room?  We should know why he plays #15 & #16 instead of #37 & 63. Against certain teams you need physicality every shift. But just because they can't execute isn't entirely on head coach. Maybe this team is mediocre at best? 

9 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

I'm not on board with the concept that a coach "stifles" a players talent. You are what you are when you're drafted, and nothing more. A (good) head coach doesn't stand next to a player & give him pointers on how  to shoot better.  If your skating/shooting needs improvement, do it over the summer.(w/skills coach)  Tell me one guy Hynes has 'ruined"? This means he's never given player an opportunity to prove himself. Nico took a step back because of coaching?  Hall took a step back because of coaching? Has Subban taken a step back because of coaching? Has Hynes given Hughes an opportunity? Not a Hynes lover/hater and maybe he's lost the room?  We should know why he plays #15 & #16 instead of #37 & 63. Against certain teams you need physicality every shift. But just because they can't execute isn't entirely on head coach. Maybe this team is mediocre at best? 

This a terrible take. It is very much the coaches and assistant coaches job to get the most out of the talent, and especially - get those players to improve. Dare I say, it's literally.....coaching.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

I'm not gonna say who Hynes may have ruined, but if you think a head coach isn't supposed to help a player who might be missing the net a lot lately try to shoot better, than I just have to wonder what you think a head coach is supposed to do.  Sure there are other guys on the staff that help out with that stuff too, but the answer simply isn't to "work on it over the summer".  You can't just encounter difficulty at the 10-game mark of the season and say "yeah, fvck the next 5 months, we can't fix it now - wait until June when we can really have a few months of consecutive training".   No, rather, the head coach IS supposed to be helping these guys in practice.  He's supposed to be coaching them to be better players - better shooters, better passers, better defenders, better penalty killers, etc etc.  

I think we can see that perhaps the talent level of all the guys we were so hyped about isn't quite there - Subban might be regressing as he enters his 30s (quicker than many anticipated), Hall might not ever be where he was after this knee injury, or perhaps he has just already peaked as well, Nico isn't a #1OA like Crosby or McDavid, who knows what Hughes will be, Smith is still in the minors, Gusev might not be as explosive as we had hoped, and so on and so on. All of that is possible.  But is it likely?  If you ask me, no way in fvck.  It's all too coincidental, and until the head coach is changed out, it's absolutely USESLESS to continue speculating.  There is literally one thing left to do with this team to try and figure out if that's the problem.  Everything else has been tried and done already.  New GM?  Check.  New goalie?  Check.  New forwards and defensemen?  Check.  What's the only common denominator left?!?!  I'm sick of it.  I can't even talk about it anymore.  I want Shero to read this message board because if we can see it, he should be able to.  fvck him.  

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Oh boy, I disagree.  I think head coaches and their staffs can, and do, play a major role in the development of their young players. 

I think there's a major difference too between, say, coaching up a veteran by helping him adapt to your system and coaching a young player to adapt to the pro game and improve every facet of his game.

He's also clearly lost the room imo.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Sadly I agree and I knew they probably weren’t firing Hynes in season the minute the Fitzgerald sham began. That just smacked of Shero trying to buy time.

42 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Sadly I agree and I knew they probably weren’t firing Hynes in season the minute the Fitzgerald sham began. That just smacked of Shero trying to buy time.

I would've thought the same if it didn't happen so early.  But the fact that they did it 10 games or so into the season really let off the impression like "Whoa, this isn't where we thought we'd be - we're going to send out Assistant GM down there to see what's up, and if things don't change, we're going to shake things up" - I have to admit, they really had me.  But that is over with, and we're still barely a quarter of the way into the season.... did Shero really think that was going to buy him 3/4 of the season and 60 or so games?

John Hynes discusses some of the decisions in changing the lineup ahead of facing Buffalo tonight. “Seeing if we can get some more depth from the lineup, some scoring. Hopefully [these changes] will give us some more production in the lineup.”

https://twitter.com/NJDevils

Some of the responses are pretty damned funny...

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

John Hynes discusses some of the decisions in changing the lineup ahead of facing Buffalo tonight. “Seeing if we can get some more depth from the lineup, some scoring. Hopefully [these changes] will give us some more production in the lineup.”

boqvist getting a look at his permanent spot in the lineup in about 3 weeks.

10 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

I'm down the middle here he's certainly not helping by any stretch but a whole lot of blame also goes to all the passengers and worse on this roster. The stink factor starts at the head down through each and every player. Nobody is getting it done, nobody.

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Me to Hynes: WARNING LANGUAGE

Lmao might be my favorite part of that movie.  Especially the way his face locks up just before he yells “GET fvckED FOUR EYES!”  

• Haha 1

It's about a half hour after the game is over and John Hynes is still the coach.  Ray needs to be fired.  Tear the whole thing down and tank for another two or three years.  That's Ray's plan anyway, so maybe try and find someone who can do it correctly. 

8 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Very funny

41 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If Abbey doesn't hear the fire Hynes chants up in the press box tomorrow night then she needs to get her ears checked.

That or nobody'll be there to actually do it.  Or the deed will actually be done and our long state-wide nightmare will be over with.

I've been very skeptical of Hynes being fired since the whole Fitz nonsense but this is the first time where I really think it's imminent now.  If he isn't fired by noon tomorrow I'll actually be surprised.  They've quit and look like they don't even know how to play hockey to begin with.  We are now in MacLean territory.

• Like 3