Jump to content
Daniel

Fire Hynes

Recommended Posts

Off topic but I wonder if Schneider is going to mentally crack soon like the previous year. This is the second game where they're up by 4 goals and lost while he's been in net. The defense is absolute garbage but at some point it's got to start taking a toll on you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Off topic but I wonder if Schneider is going to mentally crack soon like the previous year. This is the second game where they're up by 4 goals and lost while he's been in net. The defense is absolute garbage but at some point it's got to start taking a toll on you. 

for the first time this year, cory was dogsh!t. he had as much a hand in the loss as anyone else. goal 2 and 3 were really bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

for the first time this year, cory was dogsh!t. he had as much a hand in the loss as anyone else. goal 2 and 3 were really bad.

I didnt see the game but that sucks. If he gets shellacked Thursdsy night it could be a bad sign of things to come. I just get the sense that's he very fragile mentally and a string of bad games could destroy his confidence.  We need to address the goalie situation badly to say the least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

I didnt see the game but that sucks. If he gets shellacked Thursdsy night it could be a bad sign of things to come. I just get the sense that's he very fragile mentally and a string of bad games could destroy his confidence.  We need to address the goalie situation badly to say the least. 

They’ve drafted a goalie every year since Shero has gotten here.  

Anyway,  good goaltending follows from good coaching, which we will hopefully get this evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Might be top-5 all time on this forum. Right now it’s competing with a certain poster unironically telling Brodeur to kill himself with a pistol after a bad game. 

The guy who accused Cammalleri of milking his daughter’s illness has to be right up there as well. 

The other three spots, I’m sure you and I have them filled...mostly you though. ;) 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Might be top-5 all time on this forum. Right now it’s competing with a certain poster unironically telling Brodeur to kill himself with a pistol after a bad game. 

I haven’t been around as long to see as much stupid sh!t said as some of you, but the guy that accused Mike Cammalleri of milking his daughter’s illness has to be way up there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I haven’t been around as long to see as much stupid sh!t said as some of you, but the guy that accused Mike Cammalleri of milking his daughter’s illness has to be way up there. 

I agree.

Also I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring in Bylsma !!

 

actually I think we need an experienced guy....in the vein of  Hitchcock, Keenan, Crisp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

for the first time this year, cory was dogsh!t. he had as much a hand in the loss as anyone else. goal 2 and 3 were really bad.

I wouldn’t say he sucked, but he’s just not playing like a bonafide #1 that makes 6 million a  season. If we’re going to call out Hall and Nico and others, Cory needs to be held accountable as well. A couple years ago when he was slumping they never scored him any goals, now they can’t even win when they score 4 for him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BlueSkirt said:

Bring in Bylsma !!

 

actually I think we need an experienced guy....in the vein of  Hitchcock, Keenan, Crisp

I would say it’s ok to keep Hynes for another game or two longer if that’s what it takes to convince Darryl Sutter to take the job.  Hopefully that call is being made now.   If he says there’s no way he’s coming back to coach, I’d prefer Guy Boucher.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t Guy Boucher use the trap? Not that I’d be against bringing him in (i’d take just about anyone right about now), but man, would it getting annoying fast if we have to start hearing about how the boring Devils are playing the boring trap again. 

Edited by Nicomo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how it works if you want to speak to guys who are employed by other teams? Do you always have to ask and make it public? If so they'd have to fire Hynes then start interviewing. There are tons of guys out there in assistant coaching roles who have or can coach their own teams.  Ruff is one of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I wouldn’t say he sucked, but he’s just not playing like a bonafide #1 that makes 6 million a  season. If we’re going to call out Hall and Nico and others, Cory needs to be held accountable as well. A couple years ago when he was slumping they never scored him any goals, now they can’t even win when they score 4 for him. 

Current Contract

Cory Schneider signed a 7 year / $42,000,000 contract with the New Jersey Devils, including $42,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $6,000,000. In 2019-20, Schneider will earn a base salary of $6,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $6,000,000.

 

And we're stuck with him until 2022. Yea it's pretty bad when it's gotten to the point where Devils fans get excited when Cory just plays a solid game, as any starting goalie should at that level. That's how low the expectations are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Didn’t Guy Boucher use the trap? Not that I’d be against bringing him in (i’d take just about anyone right about now), but man, would it getting annoying fast if we have to start hearing about how the boring Devils are playing the boring trap again. 

The only people who complained about the trap were those who wanted a team other than NJD to win. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, point said:

The only people who complained about the trap were those who wanted a team other than NJD to win. 

Yup. It’s not such a boring system when you’re hoisting that Cup. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please , no Bylsma.  Hynes has 3 games left  cannucks and coyotes after the rags.. need 2 of these 3 or he's gone..  so most likely he's done...  I will take boring over this nightmare, but with these young skaters nothing will be boring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Is Hitchcock available? Would he be the worst thing? 

I'd like to see Paul MacLean. 

Underrated Coach. Players Coach who can get more out of this offense imo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s from 2017.

Maybe he’s still willing lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe he’s still willing lol. 

 

95261452-9B7D-4725-9553-D692E706B344.gif

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before somebody responds well Hynes isn't the answer (duh) too...........

wait for it........ is Guy Boucher really the answer?  The guy gets jettisoned after about 2.5 seasons every time. There's gotta be a flaw there too imo. 

I think we're in a 50/50 stink hole.  50% players 50% Hynes. A deadly combination.  :shrugs:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Before somebody responds well Hynes isn't the answer (duh) too...........

wait for it........ is Guy Boucher really the answer?  The guy gets jettisoned after about 2.5 seasons every time. There's gotta be a flaw there too imo. 

I think we're in a 50/50 stink hole.  50% players 50% Hynes. A deadly combination.  :shrugs:

 

I don’t know the percentages involved, but some of the stink is definitely assigned to the players. If you can’t hold a 3 goal lead for a period plus one minute, that’s not all coaching. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.