Fire Hynes

6 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Before somebody responds well Hynes isn't the answer (duh) too...........

wait for it........ is Guy Boucher really the answer?  The guy gets jettisoned after about 2.5 seasons every time. There's gotta be a flaw there too imo. 

I think we're in a 50/50 stink hole.  50% players 50% Hynes. A deadly combination.  :shrugs:

Something is going to give, and soon....

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"No no no I didn't say that stuff. That was another Fitz."

Fvck it, you get the rarely seen tribute meme.  

I might not be into jerseys as hardcore as you, mfitz, and CR76, but I appreciate the knowledge you guys bring on them. I only bought jerseys from NHL Shop before finding this board. Didn’t know about

Posted Images

and I am going to soap box for a minute so spare me the friendly fire but...

all you guys (90% of you) with your cute little jersey collections and your die hard "devils fandom" have been killing me on here for several seasons when I have been calling for Hynes head.  And now look at it...?  What do you see?

I will wait for some apologies...ahemmmmm....

NJD 2015–16 82 38 36 8 84 7th in Metropolitan Missed playoffs
NJD 2016–17 82 28 40 14 70 8th in Metropolitan Missed playoffs
NJD 2017–18 82 44 29 9 97 5th in Metropolitan 1 4 .200 Lost in First Round
NJD 2018–19 82 31 41 10 72 8th in Metropolitan Missed playoffs
1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

I say it’s Bylsma, would that be an ok option?

Apparently Eichel hated Bylsma so much that he told the Buffalo front office that it was him or Bylsma. 

I know that Eichel comes off as someone easy to not get along with, but I don't want a guy that has that hanging over his head. Do we want Jack or Nico or Hall on a walk year butting heads with a new coach?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, point said:

The only people who complained about the trap were those who wanted a team other than NJD to win. 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup. It’s not such a boring system when you’re hoisting that Cup. 

^well that goes without saying. I just hated the constant bashing from the hockey media. You never heard about the A-Line or anything positive, it was all about the trap, and light workloads for Marty, etc I actually canceled my subscription to THN back in the day because they were always so disparaging towards the Devils. 

2 hours ago, mikepeluso8 said:

and I am going to soap box for a minute so spare me the friendly fire but...

all you guys (90% of you) with your cute little jersey collections and your die hard "devils fandom" have been killing me on here for several seasons when I have been calling for Hynes head.  And now look at it...?  What do you see?

I will wait for some apologies...ahemmmmm....

It would have been stupid to fire him when he had a crap roster, or the season they made the playoffs, so no, you were not right the entire time.

Expectations were higher this season with some of the moves Shero made over the summer though. Now it’s time for Hynes to go. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s from 2017.

Someone here said somewhere that he didn't want to coach anymore. I was just posting it cause at one time he was open to it so either they were wrong or he changed his mind. 

If he did change his mind maybe some cash and a team with a ton of potential will make him reconsider. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

It would have been stupid to fire him when he had a crap roster, or the season they made the playoffs, so no, you were not right the entire time.

Expectations were higher this season with some of the moves Shero made over the summer though. Now it’s time for Hynes to go. 

That’s the main thing - it’s almost like a fan revolt against status quo losing because a) 5 year rebuild is way too long for NJ Devils b) everything was supposed to be lined up this year to be done with rebuild for the foreseeable future

23 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

**refreshing my feeds in hopes of hynes being fired**

sigh..... still nothing 

Mark your calendars - if they're still winless (or hell, if they win 1 of 2) by Saturday I think a change is made then.

They have about a week off between games against the Canucks and Yotes - I think it makes a ton of sense to fire Hynes on Saturday and have either an interim or new head coach start on Monday.  Gives him and his new staff a couple days to get oriented.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Mark your calendars - if they're still winless (or hell, if they win 1 of 2) by Saturday I think a change is made then.

They have about a week off between games against the Canucks and Yotes - I think it makes a ton of sense to fire Hynes on Saturday and have either an interim or new head coach start on Monday.  Gives him and his new staff a couple days to get oriented.

A damn change needs to have been made last night, but I’ll settle for this morning.

Ray protecting his coach with the golden ass is really annoying.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, jagknife said:

A damn change needs to have been made last night, but I’ll settle for this morning.

A blowout loss to the rival Rangers might be the final straw, I think.

39 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

A blowout loss to the rival Rangers might be the final straw, I think.

If nothing else I'm sure the crowd will make their feelings known if they loose to NYR and Hynes & Shero won't be able to escape that.

32 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Something to keep in mind:  Ray is clearly attached to Hynes, and there has to be reasons why...Shero's not an idiot...he saw something in Hynes to keep him here this long.  Shero stuck with him through the lean years...sure, part of that is that Shero knew that Hynes wasn't going to have much to work with initially, but Shero clearly thought (and maybe even still thinks) that Hynes could grow with the team, and be the right guy to lead them to and through better times, once there were enough horses. 

It sucks when you're forced to recalibrate your expectations.  On that level I feel for Shero...I think that he still thinks pretty highly of Hynes, and probably envisioned that they would lead the Devils to SC contention together.  But I think Shero is seeing that this just isn't meant to be, and is as stunned by this brutal start as we are.  He likely knows with each awful loss that he can't let this season die on the vine...there were reasons in the past not to try to quick-fix seasons that were coming apart, but there really isn't one this season...he made enough "right now" kinds of moves that there has to be a lot more urgency this year.

And on another note, while the 2019 Mets are still fresh in my mind...god I hope PK isn't the next coming of Robinson Cano.  Because that's who he makes me think of at the moment. 

Start getting signatures in Championship Plaza (thinking they may want to change the name to just Plaza) requesting everyone to chant throughout the game “fire John Hynes” in place of “let’s go Devils” at the next home game after Thursday (hoping he’s gone by then).