Daniel

Fire Hynes

40 minutes ago, Devs1965 said:

Agreed Hynes is a problem but I also believe he is only part of the problem. With really no quick fix in sight. The coaches around him are also an issue. Assistants Alain Nasreddine has reallly been a mess, Who replaces him? Many say Scott Stevens but not sure he would even take the job but he would at least demand accountability. Rick Kowalsky, lets face it as much as a popular choice he was,  our PP has really sucked with him! Who do you bring in there? Changing just the head coach just does not solve all our issues. I get it its a start but this is a much deeper problem with no quick fix, In my Opinion.

I brought this up the other day, but usually coaches have ideas of who they'd like to bring in to replace their assistants. That being said, say new coach comes in and meets with the current crop of assistants. He may or may not approve of their style, offer up suggestions or just clean house. Personally, I wanted Nas gone long ago as his style is exploitable and pathetic.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I brought this up the other day, but usually coaches have ideas of who they'd like to bring in to replace their assistants. That being said, say new coach comes in and meets with the current crop of assistants. He may or may not approve of their style, offer up suggestions or just clean house. Personally, I wanted Nas gone long ago as his style is exploitable and pathetic.

Jags I agree with you on Nas style. Absolutely pathetic. In a whole, this team is completely undisciplined. During stretches of the games, this team looks completely lost. I drop that on the coaching staff. Both 3 goal lead losses, (Jets and Panthers) The opposing Coaching staffs made the right changes during the game. 60 mins of good hockey from this team is non existent, so far this year.

Edited by Gunslinger27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gunslinger27 said:

Hynes System:

image.png.f841c410aa02be4b647a69a9248e179d.png

Hynes what's your system?  - Playing to our idenity. -- What's your idenity? Playing the game the right way --- What's the right way? -- which cliche is next here, someone help me out.. 

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I get the point. As a tidbit - It is widely debated whether or not Einstein actually said that. 

Yeah but when you attribute it that way, it gives it more credibility. 

'John Hynes is a Lizard Person"

- Abraham Lincoln

Edited by mfitz804

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah but when you attribute it that way, it gives it more credibility. 

'John Hynes is a Lizard Person"

- Abraham Lincoln

John Hynes is fired.

-Ray Shero Einstein

Hey....I see what you mean!

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

So we’re stuck with this loser it appears....

Thursday is going to be very very ugly.   I just hope the hold up is that it’s taking some time to convince someone like Sutter to come on board.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, titans04 said:

in the meantime here's our wannabe new D coach.

cones.jpg

I'll take him, I mean he's already made an adjustment, you can clearly see the second pylon from the left is in a different position than the normal triangle formation. He's already a step ahead of Nasraddine and almost to Hynes level, and this is the first I'm seeing of this individual

• Haha 1

"Josh Harris and David Blitzer are not impulsive men. Just look at their other sports properties. Brett Brown will enter his seventh season with their 76ers despite a .362 winning percentage and back-to-back losses in the Eastern Conference semifinals."

That doesnt bode well for Devils fans. If H&B tolerate losing, wtf. 

Edited by slasher72

30 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

"Josh Harris and David Blitzer are not impulsive men. Just look at their other sports properties. Brett Brown will enter his seventh season with their 76ers despite a .362 winning percentage and back-to-back losses in the Eastern Conference semifinals."

That doesnt bode well for Devils fans. If H&B tolerate losing, wtf. 

We’ll see, but I think their expectations were much like ours.  If Hynes makes it past Saturday, I’ll be shocked, albeit I think it would be too little too late.

A big fkn beatdown of the Rags shuts all this up and makes things right again.

Funny enough, the Devils kind of need a semi-miracle whether things start to turn around under Hynes or not. The Devils have picked up 2 points through six games. Not winning in your first six games is really not good. The Devils are in a huge hole. 98 points was the East cutoff for the playoffs last year. For the Devils to get 98 points, they would have to get 96 of 152 remaining points (63%) a la something like 45 - 25 - 6. No small task.

14 minutes ago, devlman said:

A big fkn beatdown of the Rags shuts all this up and makes things right again.

Maybe in the very short term say that night. It fixes nothing for those who beleiev that Hynes must go. It would almost be the worst case scenario in the big picture. 

4 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Maybe in the very short term say that night. It fixes nothing for those who beleiev that Hynes must go. It would almost be the worst case scenario in the big picture. 

It would temporarily silence his critics. The team would still need to string some W’s together thereafter, which after a big rivalry win can kickstart their season. Don’t know how people can root for the team to lose six games in.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Toasterleavins said:

In my defense it was up for a whopping 15 seconds before I realized it.

it got me too for a second when i saw it on twitter

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

You were! And you're still intolerable

two missions accomplished.  bingo!

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Thursday is going to be very very ugly.   I just hope the hold up is that it’s taking some time to convince someone like Sutter to come on board.

Yeah it’s gonna suck. Absolutely suck.

Let’s just say fvck it and give Sergei Brylin the team for the rest of the year. 

10 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Mark your calendars - if they're still winless (or hell, if they win 1 of 2) by Saturday I think a change is made then.

They have about a week off between games against the Canucks and Yotes - I think it makes a ton of sense to fire Hynes on Saturday and have either an interim or new head coach start on Monday.  Gives him and his new staff a couple days to get oriented.

We could be buried by then. Waiting makes no sense.

Bob MacKenzie in Insider Trading says Shero isn’t thinking of firing Hynes, nor the staff, at this time. Mac had the usual poor goaltending poor defense scapegoats, hunted Nico is day to day, but to not expect Hynes to get fired any time soon. He suggested Ray would make a roster move before firing him.

if this is accurate, and obviously Bobby Mac is one of the best, then I’m just as pissed at Ray as I am at the staff. He’s allowing the roster he built to be wasted early and often, and apparently is complacent in it.

https://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trading-growing-sense-of-optimism-surrounding-byfuglien-s-return~1804737

video is available globally 

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1