Daniel

Fire Hynes

50 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't follow her because of stuff like this.... 

Exactly. Stuff like this is just petulant and pointless, trolling really, with the sole purpose being just to annoy.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Exactly. Stuff like this is just petulant and pointless, trolling really, with the sole purpose being just to annoy.

So the annoying, petulant and pointless thing is not a sea of fans going online to bash a 26 years old 4th line player getting paid like 700k... it's someone who call them out for being ridiculous? lol interesting

Edited by SterioDesign

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So the annoying, petulant and pointless thing is not a sea of fans going online to bash a 26 years old 4th line player getting paid like 700k... it's someone who call them out for being ridiculous? lol interesting

if you're a reporter, you can easily ignore all the "mean" tweets instead of inciting the already agitated masses, especially when you aren't going to bring any of that attitude towards post game comments that actually put people whom matter on the spot

TG would get snippy back at the fans when it was game 80 and we were still wondering why marty was starting consistently, not game 9 when a prized prospect is on the bench in place of guys we've already talked about at nauseam

sorry to go at you, SD, but she's the worst of the worst of our reporters we've had/have.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I don't think anyone has a personal vendetta against Kevin Rooney, people aren't wishing ill on his family, or praying he gets injured. That's a disingenuous way to mischaracterize "Devils fans complaining about coach's decision to play [insert 4th liner here] over [Boqvist/Bratt/Gusev] after another loss."

Even you feeling that way is fine, but you're not a Devils beat reporter during a horrendous start to a season. Not saying the people who insult or abuse our beat writers are justified, they're not, some of the stuff said to Amanda or Abbey is not cool at all, pretty awful sometimes. But when one of them keep "poking the bear" with dripping sarcasm and resentment everyday, it's almost like they want to annoy Devils fans even more. It's bad enough we have to watch this team crap the bed early this season, we don't need our few members of the press making it more annoying.

Maybe I'm out of touch with what younger people (I'm 32 lol) want out of the media they follow, maybe they like all the sarcasm and daily complaining about [something] making their day harder today, awwww boohoo? It's not for me, it just seems so annoying and unprofessional.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DJ Eco said:

I don't think anyone has a personal vendetta against Kevin Rooney, people aren't wishing ill on his family, or praying he gets injured. That's a disingenuous way to mischaracterize "Devils fans complaining about coach's decision to play [insert 4th liner here] over [Boqvist/Bratt/Gusev] after another loss."

Even you feeling that way is fine, but you're not a Devils beat reporter during a horrendous start to a season. Not saying the people who insult or abuse our beat writers are cool, they're not, but when they keep poking the bear like this, it's almost like they want to annoy Devils fans even more. It's bad enough we have to watch this team crap the bed early this season, we don't need our few members of the press making it more insufferable.

We aren't even asking for much which makes it even more insane.

I don't think asking Hynes "why did you not decide to use your timeout when the Devils just lost a 4-1 lead within one period?" is something that will get the ire of the Devils and their players.  Either way, a pretty benign question like that is too tall of an order for our beat writers.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jagknife said:

if you're a reporter, you can easily ignore all the "mean" tweets instead of inciting the already agitated masses, especially when you aren't going to bring any of that attitude towards post game comments that actually put people whom matter on the spot

TG would get snippy back at the fans when it was game 80 and we were still wondering why marty was starting consistently, not game 9 when a prized prospect is on the bench in place of guys we've already talked about at nauseam

sorry to go at you, SD, but she's the worst of the worst of our reporters we've had/have.

ah well don't get me wrong i get it. 

I guess there's 2 things here. For one, i still think sh!t behaviour should be called out and not ignored... cause then it's just encouraging it. (i mean as much as i can't stand Subban. I'd never ever go on twitter and tag him in a mean tweet where he can actually see it) And i feel those reporters should at least attempt to keep the fanbase in check as mid-ground between the organization and the fans. Obviously if it's done in a condescending way it's annoying, i'll give you that.

Then about them doing a sh!t job. Well i do agree but we also have to understand that like ANY reporters... they have to push the narrative they are hired to push. They are working FOR the Devils... so they are obviously not going to attempt making the team or coaches look bad.

Larry Brooks and those guys can do that since they are reporting for another entity i guess. Still a sh!tty reporter tho lol

Edited by SterioDesign

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

And i feel those reporters should at least attempt to keep the fanbase in check as mid-ground between the organization and the fans. Obviously if it's done in a condescending way it's annoying, i'll give you that.

Then about them doing a sh!t job. Well i do agree but we also have to understand that like ANY reporters... they have to push the narrative they are hired to push. They are working FOR the Devils... so they are obviously not going to attempt making the team or coaches look bad.

Reporters aren't paid to keep the fan base in check especially on Twitter of all places, that's not their job and the real reporters (everyone minus Amanda Stein who is really just a pr person) are not working for the Devils, they are working for the newspapers / whatever media organization they work for. They can ask whatever questions they want. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

ah well don't get me wrong i get it. 

I guess there's 2 things here. For one, i still think sh!t behaviour should be called out and not ignored... cause then it's just encouraging it. (i mean as much as i can't stand Subban. I'd never ever go on twitter and tag him in a mean tweet where he can actually see it) And i feel those reporters should at least attempt to keep the fanbase in check as mid-ground between the organization and the fans. Obviously if it's done in a condescending way it's annoying, i'll give you that.

Larry Brooks and those guys can do that since they are reporting for another entity i guess. Still a sh!tty reporter tho lol

Aside from Amanda, none of them are working for the Devils. So that point is moot. Abbey works for the Record and Chris Ryan works for the Star Ledger. They have nothing to do with the team aside from covering them for their respective papers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Aside from Amanda, none of them are working for the Devils. So that point is moot. Abbey works for the Record and Chris Ryan works for the Star Ledger. They have nothing to do with the team aside from covering them for their respective papers.

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Reporters aren't paid to keep the fan base in check especially on Twitter of all places, that's not their job and the real reporters (everyone minus Amanda Stein who is really just a pr person) are not working for the Devils, they are working for the newspapers / whatever media organization they work for. They can ask whatever questions they want. 

yeah i guess you're right when it comes to "not working FOR the Devils. But they are all assigned to cover the Devils specifically though. They all have it in their twitter description.

It shouldnt be but im sure it's still awkward to write negative sh!t about people you have to deal with on a regular basis

37 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah i guess you're right when it comes to "not working FOR the Devils. But they are all assigned to cover the Devils specifically though. They all have it in their twitter description.

It shouldnt be but im sure it's still awkward to write negative sh!t about people you have to deal with on a regular basis

You’re right, but I don’t think any of us are asking for, nor expecting, negative questions/comments each press scrum. After a win or a hard fought loss, hell no. I do expect them to ask those tough questions though on losing streaks or when your team blows its 6th lead of the year leading to a loss (or loss in ot/so).

by no means am I saying go nuclear, like you said they have jobs to do and relationships to work/build so they have people to go to game after game. But as has been said multiple times, it’s not out of this world or unheard of to ask why decisions are being made or ice time being spread the way it is. That’s journalism 101 (I’ve taken that class, it’s in there).

the twitter and social media garbage is another issue which I’ll backburner for this, as the lack of accountability and the amount of proverbial kool aid being chugged by the best writers is borderline pathetic.

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

You’re right, but I don’t think any of us are asking for, nor expecting, negative questions/comments each press scrum. After a win or a hard fought loss, hell no. I do expect them to ask those tough questions though on losing streaks or when your team blows its 6th lead of the year leading to a loss (or loss in ot/so).

by no means am I saying go nuclear, like you said they have jobs to do and relationships to work/build so they have people to go to game after game. But as has been said multiple times, it’s not out of this world or unheard of to ask why decisions are being made or ice time being spread the way it is. That’s journalism 101 (I’ve taken that class, it’s in there).

the twitter and social media garbage is another issue which I’ll backburner for this, as the lack of accountability and the amount of proverbial kool aid being chugged by the best writers is borderline pathetic.

yeah i think because i'm surrounded by Habs fans... i'm naturally against anything encouraging mass hysteria and at least attempted to keep the fans in check so we don't turn into a joke like they are.

funny/sad story. During the playoffs a few years ago my favourite french stand up comedian from Quebec made a short video of him saying if Ginette Reno couldn't make it that he's offering his service to sing the canadian anthem during the playoffs... he then sang it very poorly and wouldn't know the words for the english part... it was hilarious.

It was funny until MTL lost... the he legit started receiving MULTIPLE death threats from fans saying he was somehow responsible for it because of his anthem lol I remember reading articles about it then and seeing the comments on his fb page. But he just released his show on Netflix.. not sure if you guys can see it in the US but it's worth checking out... he talks about that incident around 13:30... you'd need the subtitles though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

They can ask whatever questions they want. 

...and it would be nice if they ever asked a tough question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t even care at this point.  Ray might as well make him the forever coach and he can do his fake tough guy act.

We’re an organization that tolerates losing and incompetence, from the owners to Shero to the coaches.

Don’t even care if the team relocates because there’s nothing to root for.  

We’re the most embarrassing American professional sports organization I can think of.

i am ashamed to openly root for this lot of fvcking losers. 

• Like 1

Come on, let's hear someone with more hyperbole.  Maybe hoping for the team's plane to crash?  Or the arena to collapse?  Digging up John McMullen's corpse to spit on it?  Someone's gotta have a topper for 'I don't care if the franchise moves' and 'This is the most embarrassing organization in sports' 

• Haha 1

Season's as good as over, right? Keep him around and let him tank again. It's the only thing he's good at.

Remove him over the off-season.

12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

We’re the most embarrassing American professional sports organization I can think of.

i am ashamed to openly root for this lot of fvcking losers. 

Not even close. Ask @MadDog2020 or me about our NFL teams...

At least Shero tries to improve this team. 

6 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Come on, let's hear someone with more hyperbole.  Maybe hoping for the team's plane to crash?  Or the arena to collapse?  Digging up John McMullen's corpse to spit on it?  Someone's gotta have a topper for 'I don't care if the franchise moves' and 'This is the most embarrassing organization in sports' 

The organization quite obviously sees winning as optional.  In other words, they think the fans are suckers.  It’s the best thing to help get me out of the fog of really caring about a meaningless competition between millionaires and billionaires and other millionaires and billionaires.

Edited by Daniel

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Season's as good as over, right? Keep him around and let him tank again. It's the only thing he's good at.

Remove him over the off-season.

Lol, nothing is ever anyone’s fault when it comes to this team.

Just now, Daniel said:

The organization quite obviously sees winning as optional.  In other words, they think the fans are suckers.  It’s the best thing to help get me out of the fog of really caring about a meaningless competition between millionaires and billionaires.

You said this when the Devils didn't get Jacob Trouba and the team went out and got PK Subban as well as Simmonds and Gusev.  You thought the Devils were going to keep sitting out and keep adding talent through the draft. 

In other words, you don't know what you're talking about.  

Just now, Daniel said:

The organization quite obviously sees winning as optional.  In other words, they think the fans are suckers.  It’s the best thing to help get me out of the fog of really caring about a meaningless competition between millionaires and billionaires and other millionaires and billionaires.

Yes, they don’t care about winning.They just traded for Subban and Gusev for the hell of it. 

8 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I feel bad for the new guys on this forum. A few years ago you were someone who was well-spoken, you frequently posted in game threads about little behind-the-scenes plays that changed games. You had an awesome blog and you were the best fvcking person on the forum.

now you show up twice a month to tell people how to react to a loss. 

upsetting

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I feel bad for the new guys on this forum. A few years ago you were someone who was well-spoken, you frequently posted in game threads about little behind-the-scenes plays that changed games. You had an awesome blog and you were the best fvcking person on the forum.

now you show up twice a month to tell people how to react to a loss. 

upsetting

There are no new guys on this forum, it's the same 30 people and mfitz.  So okay, one new guy.  And you guys have mostly lost your collective minds with the losing this franchise has done over the last few years.    I mean, in truth, it was always insane - it's a fan forum and people overreact to wins and losses, that's what they do.  But if you're going to say something as ill thought out as 'this is the most embarrassing franchise in pro sports' - then yes, I am going to call it out, because it is ridiculous.  The Devils have lost a lot of games the last few years.  But they are trying to win.  There's 10 franchises in sports that aren't even trying.  There's 10 franchises owned by absentee or incompetent owners.  The Washington football team.  The Dolphins.  The Knicks.  The Marlins.  That's four off the top of my head - teams that are incompetently run that are sticking with incompetence.  Teams that just have no realistic chance of long-term success.  I'd throw the Raiders in there too though they might be doing well this season.

This team is going through a rough stretch but they have the talent to win some games.  They might have to get rid of the coach to win.  But tonight is not one of the nights where anyone should complain about the coach.   The Devils worked a team that had over 100 points last season.  They couldn't get the goaltending.  They might need help there by season's end.

Edited by Triumph
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yes, they don’t care about winning.They just traded for Subban and Gusev for the hell of it. 

The coach who has only proven he can consistently lose at the NHL level is still there.

A high school coach can run a tough practice, which is all Hynes knows what to do.

But cheer up, he’s not getting fired, not ever.  And Ray can brag about how his second and third rounder trade game is still strong.  We’re in the same spot as when the season ended last year.  I almost hope the league takes away our first. 

6 minutes ago, Triumph said:

This team is going through a rough stretch but they have the talent to win some games.  They might have to get rid of the coach to win.  But tonight is not one of the nights where anyone should complain about the coach.   The Devils worked a team that had over 100 points last season.  They couldn't get the goaltending.  They might need help there by season's end.

Tri, I honestly look forward most of the time to you coming on here and be the voice of reason. But they need a new coach, period, dot. Hynes' message has fallen on deaf ears, and he cannot find a way to get this team to shut down another team form less than 20 minutes and get a freaking win, yet again. If tonight was the first or even the second time they've blown a multi-goal lead, so be it. But we're 10 games in, and they've pissed away no fewer than 3 multi-goal leads. Someone needs to pay for that, and the fact Ray is stating pat is infuriating to me. His blind loyalty to Hynes and the clueless wonder Nasraddine is inexcusable.

I know he's worked miracles, literally building a good roster from a literal pile of cow-sh!t, but at some point, you have to look at your body of work and wonder why the hell a team that should easily compete for the wild card is floundering, yet again. And failing so emphatically.