Fire Hynes

Daniel

8 hours ago, Triumph said:

There are no new guys on this forum, it's the same 30 people and mfitz. So okay, one new guy. 

I’ve been here for 6 years, I’m not sure I still qualify as a “new guy”, though maybe I’m not as old as the rest of you lol. 

48 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ve been here for 6 years, I’m not sure I still qualify as a “new guy”, though maybe I’m not as old as the rest of you lol. 

Hey, at least you got a mention. Apparently I don’t even count as a “new guy” 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

As a fan of the NY Jets, I'm gonna have to disagree. 

Not that I'm enjoying the Devils season at all, but it could be worse

OTOH the Devils are more tortorous game in and game out.  It's a question of would you rather be euthanized in the snap of a finger like the Jets do or would you rather be drawn, quartered and tortured before dying the way the Devils do?

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

I liked fw lines tonight.  Tough game for Schneids. I agree PK tries to do too much. Let's put some wins together. Shero, like he did in the burgh, will not fire Hynes, but let himself be fired, leaving that for new GM (MB-30).  

I don't know if Hynes can fix what's wrong.  Plot is thickening w/ T. Hall. So much to love about this team. So much to dislike. Oh, to be a Devils fan.

9 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm surprised the younger portion of this fan base, who have pretty much experienced nothing but losing besides 2012 haven't become more vocal themselves. 

I think they're not as vocal because they may not know what winning feels like.  We do, which is why this is so hard to deal with and such a shock.  5 or 6 years of a rebuild after 20 years of consistent winning feels like an eternity, but to young fans who have only experienced 82 game regular seasons and really no playoffs, it just feels normal.  

• Like 2

Can't really pin much of last night's loss on Hynes.  However, he still must go.  Something has to change.

It's the same reasoning how a team can be down 3-0 in the first period and they swap goalies.  Often times it is not the goalie's fault but it wakes up the rest of the team.

I wasn't expecting the team to be cup contenders, but I also didn't think they would be literally in the NHL basement again.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

We aren't the worst team in professional sports but we have been one of the worst teams in the NHL in the past 8 years.... I even like our owners....However missing the playoffs 7 of the past 8 seasons is unacceptable. Just think of how bad we would be if we didn't win Nico and Hughes in the draft.

We are on pace to finish last in the division for the 3rd time in the past 4 years. It's unacceptable. 

The team is very weird.  They feel like the 2010 MacLean experiment but not at the same time.

They feel the same in that both teams had the talent to be successful but they just look completely out of whack.

They are different in that while MacLean's teams were often out of the game shortly after puck drop, Hynes' team this year actually gets 1, 2, 3 and even 4 goal leads and still manage to lose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

The team is very weird.  They feel like the 2010 MacLean experiment but not at the same time.

They feel the same in that both teams had the talent to be successful but they just look completely out of whack.

They are different in that while MacLean's teams were often out of the game shortly after puck drop, Hynes' team this year actually gets 1, 2, 3 and even 4 goal leads and still manage to lose.

This team is much more talented than what MacLean had.  Parise was out most of the year, there was no Henrique, and it took some really good coaches to make that set of defensemen into a competent unit. 

All of the momentum the franchise has built up over the summer has been drained by this start and I think a coaching change is absolutely warranted at this point.  There's just a dark cloud hanging over the franchise already as if we're about to throw away another season.   While the problems go beyond just coaching, Hynes has been here long enough that I think it's clear he's not part of the solution either.    

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Did you really only join this site 3 months before I did?  I thought you were here in the mid 2000s like some of these other regulars/long-timers.

Yup. It's any one of the following:

1) I'm awesome so you feel like everyone's known me forever. 

2) I'm super intelligent about hockey stuff so it seems like I have tons of experience on the board.

3) I have posted more in 6 years than most people have in 20. 

4) My meme game is light years ahead of what it should be. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

A change of SOME KIND has to be made. A trade, a firing- SOMETHING. Clearly Fitzgerald going down behind the bench hasn’t helped much.

On who?? I missed that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Exactly, all of this is completely unacceptable and needs to start somewhere.

Blown leads happen, I’m not naive to think once we get a lead we’ll never lose it, but 5 times in 10 games, at home nonetheless, and three of those are multi goal leads shows a huge problem in that locker room. Coaching, goaltending skaters,, something needs to give. We’re now 7 out of a playoff spot and are floundering badly.

that was a sh!tty Tampa team that is all out of sync, we came off a one game in 11 days swing meanwhile they played the night before and got rocked, yet we still couldn’t drop the hammer on them. It’s pathetic. This roster is too talented and there are too many vets to be this much of mental midgets when they have the lead.

24 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Blown leads happen, I’m not naive to think once we get a lead we’ll never lose it, but 5 times in 10 games, at home nonetheless, and three of those are multi goal leads shows a huge problem in that locker room. Coaching, goaltending skaters,, something needs to give. We’re now 7 out of a playoff spot and are floundering badly.

that was a sh!tty Tampa team that is all out of sync, we came off a one game in 11 days swing meanwhile they played the night before and got rocked, yet we still couldn’t drop the hammer on them. It’s pathetic. This roster is too talented and there are too many vets to be this much of mental midgets when they have the lead.

I'm not sure if coaching is the entire issue, or part of it, or whatever. But I will say, there have been situations in history where a shake up caused by a coaching change is exactly what a franchise needed, and that writing's kind of on the wall here. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm not sure if coaching is the entire issue, or part of it, or whatever. But I will say, there have been situations in history where a shake up caused by a coaching change is exactly what a franchise needed, and that writing's kind of on the wall here. 

I just read he (Hynes) showed them video of Rory MacIlroy (sp?) in clutch situations (trying to find the tweet)... at this point just put on 'Miracle' and freaking hope if that is your plan to address closing out games. Holy sh!t...

EDIT:

Edited by jagknife

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I just read he (Hynes) showed them video of Rory MacIlroy (sp?) in clutch situations (trying to find the tweet)... at this point just put on 'Miracle' and freaking hope if that is your plan to address closing out games. Holy sh!t...

EDIT:

Meh - I get it. Hynes trying to keep it loose.

35 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Again, this is just looking past how the team actually played when they got the lead last night.  They were dominant.  In the third period, Tampa directed 8 shots towards net, and the Devils directed 26 - the Devils got outscored 3-2.  I don't think Tampa scored a clean goal, either - all 3 pucks hit something on their way into the net.  

8 minutes ago, jagknife said:

EDIT:

Mentally weak.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jagknife said:

EDIT:

Scraping the bottom of the barrel of ideas.

3 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Again, this is just looking past how the team actually played when they got the lead last night.  They were dominant.

And they lost. Again. So I don’t care how dominant they were. It gets late early and if they don’t start actually winning some of these games, the season will be over before Thanksgiving.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

And they lost. Again. So I don’t care how dominant they were. It gets late early and if they don’t start actually winning some of these games, the season will be over before Thanksgiving.

That might happen.  All a coach can do is control the process.  They can't control the results.  The process has been bad at points this season, but last night was not one of those nights.

5 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Again, this is just looking past how the team actually played when they got the lead last night.  They were dominant.  In the third period, Tampa directed 8 shots towards net, and the Devils directed 26 - the Devils got outscored 3-2.  I don't think Tampa scored a clean goal, either - all 3 pucks hit something on their way into the net.  

2 points to show for that dominance out of 5 games, Tri. The blame falls somewhere, it might not be solely on any singular person but it needs to come down eventually.

Goalies? Coaches? Skaters? All of the above? Don’t care, someone needs to be accountable. Like DM84 said, you pull a goalie after 3 goals, his fault or not, to give the team a shot in the arm. We’ve blown 5 damn games. The need a kick in the ass more than a shot in the arm.

1 minute ago, Triumph said:

That might happen.  All a coach can do is control the process.  They can't control the results.  The process has been bad at points this season, but last night was not one of those nights.

I agree last night was not on the coaches, but it’s happening too much in 10 games. That’s a big damn problem.

• Like 1