Daniel

Fire Hynes

Francesca, love him or hate him, had a good line about how you know you have a bad coach, his constant message is “we just need to keep battling” or “just have to keep grinding away at x”.   

Feel like that’s been Hynes and Shero for two years.

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Still as relevant as when this thread was started. Still not happening. 

And that's a big reason why the team still sucks.

I'm starting to worry we may need to fire Shero if we're going to get Hynes out, since he's so disinclined to do it.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2

I was listening to the post game show on the radio and Hynes said something during the post game press conference which was the shortest of his that I can remember like "it is what it is" 

Can we get rid of this guy already? Is he the sole problem? Absolutely not but he sure as hell isn't helping nor is he the solution going forward. Time to move on. 

• Like 1

How can Shero sit here and honestly tell himself this team responds to this coaching staff? How the fvck does he watch this sh!t night in and night out and not think changing coaches could only help? Enough Ray. Don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining. Fire these fvcking clowns already. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

How can Shero sit and here and honestly tell himself this team responds to this coaching staff? How the fvck does he watch this sh!t night in and night out and not think changing coaches could only help? Enough Ray. Don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining. Fire these fvcking clowns already. 

Maybe he cares more about his Pittsburgh buddy John than he does about the organization and fanbase. Who knows. I cant figure this GM out anymore than I can the coaching staff...

Edited by slasher72

On 11/15/2019 at 9:24 AM, NJDfan1711 said:

firehynessm.jpg

$7.99 each, free shipping.  Proceeds go to benefits njdevs.com.  

I'd love to wear that to a Devils game 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And that's a big reason why the team still sucks.

I'm starting to worry we may need to fire Shero if we're going to get Hynes out, since he's so disinclined to do it.

I fear that you are absolutely right!

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Please fire this guy already, he's out of answers for this mess... 

"it is what it is tonight" 

Yeah, and actually that's a great summary for what it felt like last night - a group of players that we know are talented, have had a chance to build some chemistry by now, and simply aren't executing whatever plan he may (or apparently, may not) have for them.   In situations like this I'd love to hear him say what he's going to focus on in practice and how he thinks they can fix a game like this where they were, not for a lack of talent, essentially outmatched and outplayed; and really more importantly, outcoached. But it appears he doesn't know what to do.  

• Like 1

As far as the whole "Fire Hynes" thing goes...I think we're closer to it happening than most think.  I'm guessing Shero is looking at the Devils' decent record when Cory didn't start (7-4-2 heading into last night), and is saying "OK, if Cory's that big of a problem, then I'll remove him from the equation." 

And then there was Tennyson, who's clearly played more than he should have.  Now that Vatanen is back, there's another excuse that Hynes doesn't have anymore. 

Of course, who knows how much of an improvement Domingue will be over Cory (hard to imagine that he won't be though, as Cory's numbers so far in 2019 were off-the-charts rotten), but I think Shero will soon reach the point where he'll say "OK, I've been very patient, I've removed a guy who was clearly a huge detriment to the team having a chance to win when he was in net, I've assembled a team that I thought should be competitive, what else am I supposed to do?"  If Fitzgerald could be interpreted as the first salvo (who knows if Hynes really asked Shero if Fitz could step behind the bench) in the "Warm up Hynes' seat" offensive, then I say that Cory being demoted is the second.  If you want to argue that Shero's vision of what this team can be is flawed, you can do that...but I think HE still believes in it...and if that's case, and some of Hynes' ready-made fallbacks (like Cory being awful) are being eliminated, soon Shero's not going to have much choice but to conclude that his coach isn't the guy to get the most out of this team.     

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

How can Shero sit here and honestly tell himself this team responds to this coaching staff? How the fvck does he watch this sh!t night in and night out and not think changing coaches could only help? Enough Ray. Don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining. Fire these fvcking clowns already. 

This is essentially my biggest issue with him and the team.  Remember all the stuff we saw/heard about the team spending time together with the head coach and staff, doing activities, bonding, etc?  Yeah, well it either didn't work, or was BS.  I don't know if it's a respect thing, or them just not being motivated, but they clearly aren't playing for him.  I don't believe he has the locker room.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

This is essentially my biggest issue with him and the team.  Remember all the stuff we saw/heard about the team spending time together with the head coach and staff, doing activities, bonding, etc?  Yeah, well it either didn't work, or was BS.  I don't know if it's a respect thing, or them just not being motivated, but they clearly aren't playing for him.  I don't believe he has the locker room.

Re the bolded: For the first time since Hynes has been coach that's exactly what I thought during last nights game.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Toasterleavins said:

Anybody think we could get Lemaire back again? 🤔 

And whats Larry Robinson up to these days?

Larry is the Senior Consultant in Hockey Operations for the Blues. I doubt he'll want to be the head coach of a team at this point of his career, but man what I'd give to have him coach the defense...

Hell him or Scotty for that matter.

• Like 1

Dump a Brinks truck on Darryl Sutter’s farm and get his ass down here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Please fire this guy already, he's out of answers for this mess... 

"it is what it is tonight" 

I didn't think it was possible, but he is making the "tough building" excuse seem more valid.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Toasterleavins said:

Anybody think we could get Lemaire back again? 🤔 

And whats Larry Robinson up to these days?

Larry couldn't take the stress when we actually had a decent team, he wouldn't be able to handle this mess. 

• Like 1