Fire Hynes

Daniel

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

It’s officially the next day after this abortion of a loss and John Hynes is still the coach.  This is not acceptable, and it demonstrates Ray Shero and Josh Harris are frauds.  

Guess what everyone, despite the shiny toys he acquired this offseason to appease us, Rejean the Loser’s plan and ownership’s plan is simply to tank, tank, tank and hope it turns around.  

If you have season tickets, tell your rep that your’re cancelling, and that short of Ray Shero and Josh Harris personally apologizing to you for defrauding you for these past four years, nothing will make you spend another dime supporting an organization that thinks you are suckers.

fvck John Hynes.  fvck Ray Shero.  fvck Josh Harris.  

You can be unhappy and/or angry about the team’s performance to date without going full retard in damned near every one of your posts.  If you truly believe even half of what you post, you’re really much farther gone than you realize.  

Seriously, what the hell happened to you man?  You were a terrific contributor here for years.  So much of what you post now is so over-the-top and shrill and just ridiculous.  Owners can easily support a “tank” without allowing their GM to add several millions to the payroll.  GMs can construct a team purposely meant to be lousy without making creative moves that are clearly meant to try to improve.  Ray’s offseason was not about trying to build a loser, no matter how much you choose to idiotically and hysterically rant about how everyone involved with the Devils is somehow trying to sabotage the product, seemingly (though your deluded eyes) just to spite us all?

What it comes down to - VERY SIMPLY (and rather sadly) - is that his latest round of moves as a whole don’t appear as though they’re going to pay off.  It sucks when the backpage slew of exciting and interesting moves doesn’t work out as hoped...but that sh!t does happen.  If this season doesn’t turn around, Ray’s seat will probably begin to warm up...I do still think he’s a good GM, but unfortunately for him his moves of late (even the one that made sense) don’t seem to be paying off, and that goes back to MoJo at this point.

I think you gotta give him a chance to see if he can pull the Devils out of this...I get that we’re all pretty much at the point where Hynes and his band of merry men have to go, and I’m definitely on board with that...but I’m not just blindly hiring Babcock either...he comes with enough red flags that he’s far from some definite sure thing (and of course we have no idea if he even wants to coach again right now anyway)...if push came to shove, I’d probably go with Fitz as an interim...especially if that meant Nas was shown the door along with Hynes.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

CR and I are singing the same tune. Time for a Interim Coach, take the time and see what happens. If I am ownership :P - Ray has two options here. 1. Fire the coach immediately, and he gets one more coach  (not including Interim) to move this team forward before he gets fired in a few years. 2. Wait too long and Ray goes with him, Fitz is already here as replacement. 

Edited by HellOnICE
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Daniel said:

Unfortunately, we’ll be getting the worst of both worlds.  A loss and Hynes will still be here.  Ray doesn’t have any more former Penguins in his Rolodex, and he’s hoping for Lafrennier or Byfield anyway.  

Dan Bylsma waiting in the wings?

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You can be unhappy and/or angry about the team’s performance to date without going full retard in damned near every one of your posts.  If you truly believe even half of what you post, you’re really much farther gone than you realize.  

Seriously, what the hell happened to you man?  You were a terrific contributor here for years.  So much of what you post now is so over-the-top and shrill and just ridiculous.  Owners can easily support a “tank” without allowing their GM to add several millions to the payroll.  GMs can construct a team purposely meant to be lousy without making creative moves that are clearly meant to try to improve.  Ray’s offseason was not about trying to build a loser, no matter how much you choose to idiotically and hysterically rant about how everyone involved with the Devils is somehow trying to sabotage the product, seemingly (though your deluded eyes) just to spite us all?

What it comes down to - VERY SIMPLY (and rather sadly) - is that his latest round of moves as a whole don’t appear as though they’re going to pay off.  It sucks when the backpage slew of exciting and interesting moves doesn’t work out as hoped...but that sh!t does happen.  If this season doesn’t turn around, Ray’s seat will probably begin to warm up...I do still think he’s a good GM, but unfortunately for him his moves of late (even the one that made sense) don’t seem to be paying off, and that goes back to MoJo at this point.

I think you gotta give him a chance to see if he can pull the Devils out of this...I get that we’re all pretty much at the point where Hynes and his band of merry men have to go, and I’m definitely on board with that...but I’m not just blindly hiring Babcock either...he comes with enough red flags that he’s far from some definite sure thing (and of course we have no idea if he even wants to coach again right now anyway)...if push came to shove, I’d probably go with Fitz as an interim...especially if that meant Nas was shown the door along with Hynes.  

It’s as if Rich Kotite were the coach for another five years after everyone realized he was a terrible coach.  

John Hynes is the reason this team is losing games.  Has been since the start of the season. Ray Shero insists that he remain the coach though.  It follows that Ray Shero intentionally wants to lose games because that’s how he figures you win in the long run.  He has no experience actually building a winning team, so it’s all he knows.  Not a coincidence that Josh Harris loves him.

Seriously, how do you not see that we’re the new Oilers?  

Edited by Daniel

12 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Dan Bylsma waiting in the wings?

What’s the line from Fight Club?  “Could always be worse. A woman could cut your pecker off in the middle of the night and throw it out the window of a moving car.”

Edited by Daniel
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HellOnICE said:

CR and I are singing the same tune. Time for a Interim Coach, take the time and see what happens. If I am ownership :P - Ray has two options here. 1. Fire the coach immediately, and he gets one more coach  (not including Interim) to move this team forward before he gets fired in a few years. 2. Wait too long and Ray goes with him, Fitz is already here as replacement. 

If there’s one person who is not going anywhere under any circumstances for a long time no matter what, it’s Shero.

A non-vulgar chant that would kinda sing-song is BYE BYE HYNES...but Hynes must go is fine, no need to get PG-13 with it.  Same loud, vociferous message but being vulgar makes ownership all the more determined to punish the fans and not give them what they want, hence the neverending goal song fiasco.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

I wouldn’t be so sure. These guys didn’t become billionaires on bad investments. 

The Devils will not make significant money for them and were never intended to.  It’s the ancillary stuff that might make the Devils a profitable acquisition.

Harris absolutely loves Shero and he’s not in the position of the Johnson brothers who have to answer for the team’s failure.  The team has two local beat writers, who are millennials who feel they have better things to do than meaningfully cover the team besides a churning out an occasional puff piece.  There’s always attendance, but it’s never been great to begin with, and the gambling might draw enough people to the arena no matter how bad the team is.

16 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

I wouldn’t be so sure. These guys didn’t become billionaires on bad investments. 

They also didn't do it by running their own sports franchises. Bad results will make them pressure Shero to fire the coach, but there is no way they axe Shero before Hynes. Shero put together a talented group but, for whatever reason, Hynes is the one failing to put the pieces together. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

They also didn't do it by running their own sports franchises. Bad results will make them pressure Shero to fire the coach, but there is no way they axe Shero before Hynes. Shero put together a talented group but, for whatever reason, Hynes is the one failing to put the pieces together. 

22 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The Devils will not make significant money for them and were never intended to.  It’s the ancillary stuff that might make the Devils a profitable acquisition.

Harris absolutely loves Shero and he’s not in the position of the Johnson brothers who have to answer for the team’s failure.  The team has two local beat writers, who are millennials who feel they have better things to do than meaningfully cover the team besides a churning out an occasional puff piece.  There’s always attendance, but it’s never been great to begin with, and the gambling might draw enough people to the arena no matter how bad the team is.

Silly. They didn't buy the Devils to go make boatloads of money. Harris can love Shero, and could come to the conclusion that it's time to move on. They aren't mutually exclusive. Also, the only situation I can see them firing Shero as of now, is if he holds on to Hall too long and loses him for nothing, misses the playoffs and doesn't fire Hynes. If 2 of 3 of those happen - I think he's gone. This is why coaches get fired when they do. It usually gives the GM another coaching hire before being let go thtemselves. 

23 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Silly. They didn't buy the Devils to go make boatloads of money. Harris can love Shero, and could come to the conclusion that it's time to move on. They aren't mutually exclusive. Also, the only situation I can see them firing Shero as of now, is if he holds on to Hall too long and loses him for nothing, misses the playoffs and doesn't fire Hynes. If 2 of 3 of those happen - I think he's gone. This is why coaches get fired when they do. It usually gives the GM another coaching hire before being let go thtemselves. 

Acquisition of sports teams are often vanity purchases.  To the extent you want to make money on them, it’s based on how much value of the team appreciates, which has more to do with the popularity of the sport as a whole than with the success of your particular team.

Josh Harris is not going to become appreciably richer even if the Devils turn into the Patriots of the NHL.  In fact, we once were a team like that and the team still lost money.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

I'm not sure what's going on here between this comment and Daniel's, but I find it weird that anyone would think someone would pay 320 million dollars for a sports franchise without the expectation of leaving with more money than you went in with.

I'm also not exactly sure what he means by "ancillary". Do you not sell more T-shirts, get better TV deals, more sponsors in general with a more popular team? The Devils are located in a market where if they do not succeed they won't be popular. There are two other teams in close proximity that dominate the hockey market. NJ also isn't Toronto, the franchise doesn't print money even when it sucks. 

Friend or not, if they're losing millions of dollars a year they're going to do what they have to do. Shero is absolutely held accountable, they just don't agree with some of you tinfoil hat folk. 

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Acquisition of sports teams are often vanity purchases.  To the extent you want to make money on them, it’s based on how much value of the team appreciates, which has more to do with the popularity of the sport as a whole than with the success of your particular team.

Josh Harris is not going to become appreciably richer even if the Devils turn into the Patriots of the NHL.  In fact, we once were a team like that and the team still lost money.

Yea, nothing says "Im successful and rich" to other rich people like "I own two of the worst sports franchises in their respective leagues and continue to pump in tons of money just to prove I can afford to lose it". 

Oh wait.... That's bullsh!t. You could just buy yourself a yacht with golden toilets and diamond light fixtures... But that's just boring.

49 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm not sure what's going on here between this comment and Daniel's, but I find it weird that anyone would think someone would pay 320 million dollars for a sports franchise without the expectation of leaving with more money than you went in with.

I'm also not exactly sure what he means by "ancillary". Do you not sell more T-shirts, get better TV deals, more sponsors in general with a more popular team? The Devils are located in a market where if they do not succeed they won't be popular. There are two other teams in close proximity that dominate the hockey market. NJ also isn't Toronto, the franchise doesn't print money even when it sucks. 

Friend or not, if they're losing millions of dollars a year they're going to do what they have to do. Shero is absolutely held accountable, they just don't agree with some of you tinfoil hat folk. 

The point is that Josh Harris does not become appreciably more wealthy man even if the Devils win the next five Cups and sell out every game, at least based on how the economics of the sport work right now.  If it ever came to the point that the NHL were remotely as popular as basketball he’ll make a killing based on how relatively little he paid for the team.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The point is that Josh Harris does not become appreciably more wealthy man even if the Devils win the next five Cups and sell out every game, at least based on how the economics of the sport work right now.  If it ever came to the point that the NHL were remotely as popular as basketball he’ll make a killing based on how relatively little he paid for the team.

He does become more wealthy... If the team does well. Not all of that is in cash, obviously, most of it is in the value of the franchise... Which grows exponentially when the franchise is SUCCESSFUL. Look no further than the Chicago Blackhawks. Franchise value pre 2010 was under that of the Devils when Harris and Blitzer bought it. They won 3 Stanley Cups and were perennial winners for the better part of the decade and now the team, their asset, is worth over a billion dollars. 

19 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Guess a big win over the worst team in the league was enough of a signal that Hynes didn't need help anymore.

Either that or he has decided "fvck it, there is nothing I can do here to improve this sh!t show".