Daniel

Fire Hynes

Hynes taking a 5-1 win against the Red Wings, worst team in the league, washing his hands and thinking he cracked the code and doesn't need to change anything for the game after, that's amateur hour coaching. A man without any ideas.

You don't go 2 games in a row with players like Zacha and Bratt benched and Hayden and Seney in, you just don't. Amateur hour.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

No he’s not. 

My thought was that he has looked way better "against men" than Nico looked year one. Nico put up a decent amount of points that year despite the fact that he could be knocked off the puck with a feather. 

I think Jack's speed and ability have prevented him from looking that way, or at least make him look less that way than Nico looked year one.  

Edited by mfitz804

2 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

Hynes taking a 5-1 win against the Red Wings, worst team in the league, washing his hands and thinking he cracked the code and doesn't need to change anything for the game after, that's amateur hour coaching. A man without any ideas.

You don't go 2 games in a row with players like Zacha and Bratt benched and Hayden and Seney in, you just don't. Amateur hour.

Cue ball also ought to take a look in the mirror and see maybe he's the reason that players are underperforming.  That would require him to have some kind of self awareness which is a trait that you're not allowed to have to be in any sort of management position in this organization.  Just tell Ray he's doing a great job and you keep your job.  It's that simple. 

2 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

It's beyond insane, the amount of wtf lineups we've seen this year aside from opening day.

What's not to like about this guy??

Can Wood please sit TF down please?

Edited by titans04

4 hours ago, titans04 said:

What's not to like about this guy??

Can Wood please sit TF down please?

Well Boqvist scored. I'm sure its time to sit him for a game to watch with Elias or something 

• Like 3

Why is Taylor Hall still on this team? Trade him for some young talent and let this core grow.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, devlman said:

Why is Taylor Hall still on this team? Trade him for some young talent and let this core grow.

It really is surprising. I’m guessing Shero hasn’t been getting offers he feels are fair. But at some point he’ll have to just take what he can get. 

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I’m not expecting miracles. If the play at a 90 point pace and make some moves to improve, I’ll be looking forward to next year. 

9 minutes ago, devlman said:

It’s about that time, isn’t it. 

Except it's not all that likely the second half will be any better than the first half once they start trading Hall, Vatanen, maybe Greene.

yet Hynes can’t win with the lineup as currently built...

What a minor league warrior. But hey, Ray loves him some DBA

• Like 1

11 hours ago, devlman said:

Totally agree with this. As much as I'd love Hall to stay I don't think he'll be on the team next season no matter what happens.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, devlman said:

Because Shero is waiting for him to get hurt, clearly.

On 11/27/2019 at 1:42 PM, Aznjsn said:

It's beyond insane, the amount of wtf lineups we've seen this year aside from opening day.

What frustrates me is that then these guys come back (Zacha, Bratt, Gusev) and have some productive games, and, judging by his track record, Hynes really seems to think it was the benching that did it... and not just the fact that, law of averages, the more you play these guys, they're likely to produce for us. He hits us with that, "We gave them a break for a couple days, they came back and responded..." like, no, no, no, 9 times out of 10 that's not what happened. You gave them a couple games off, our grit guys didn't do anything during that time when the guys you benched could've, and then they came back and you think they "responded."

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Because Shero is waiting for him to get hurt, clearly.

And not only do you have injury risk waiting longer to trade Hall but you’ll have fewer suitors as some teams become aware they’re not playoff contenders. Deal him now to maximize the bidding wars.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, devlman said:

And not only do you have injury risk waiting longer to trade Hall but you’ll have fewer suitors as some teams become aware they’re not playoff contenders. Deal him now to maximize the bidding wars.

We’re going to maximize the bidding wars when Hall has three goals and teams are up against the cap?

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

We’re going to maximize the bidding wars when Hall has three goals and teams are up against the cap?

4 goals. Don’t sell him short. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

If you just look at points, he's having a heck of a year... maybe other GMs wont look at the full stat lines.... lol

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Well the goal total will probably still look underwhelming in March, too.

i don't understand the situation at all. Shero has never let a top UFA get this far ever. Not sure why he's making an exception this time around

i don't understand the situation at all. Shero has never let a top UFA get this far ever. Not sure why he's making an exception this time around
Probably because Hall missed most of last season and Shero couldn't start evaluating him until he played in real games this season.

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

It's the first top UFA he's had that didn't want to resign so now he has a high end UFA rental on his hands and will deal him at the deadline.

26 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

It's the first top UFA he's had that didn't want to resign so now he has a high end UFA rental on his hands and will deal him at the deadline.

that's not true Jordan Staal didn't want to resign and he got traded right away