Jump to content
Daniel

Fire Hynes

Recommended Posts

That’s where I am at Jagknife. I keep having the same conversation with my usual fans I connect with, and it’s “Why is this guy still behind the bench? What more do we need to see?”

If Ray really think it’s not the coach, then it’s the team- that he put together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

This is possibly the defining moment of Rays rebuild. The decisions he needs to make over the next 2 months need to pan out or he could be looking for employment elsewhere. 

He needs to fire Hynes and make the right appointment , someone who can work with young players. 

He then needs to get a good return for Hall. There is very little doubt in my mind that hall is out the door as soon as he can get free. Currently I am less bothered about that than I ever have been, but Ray needs to get something very good in return. 

I have a lot of faith in him to do the right thing. I can't really say that I have ever been unhappy with his decision making. Bit these are things he just has to get right. 

My only quibble with the above is that I would be OK with an interim guy for now.  I don’t think he has to find THE guy right away.  But Hynes and his crew definitely gotta go.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

getting into it on twitter - my vote for the rest of the season:

 

fitz as coach

oates for PP/forwards

lovejoy for PK/defense

molanson - whatever and grier whatever

 

give these guys fresh voices with a little bit of familiarity in fitz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows if Oates even wants that. We have some fresh voices with Patrik, Madden, Sal - I think has done a good job on commentary where I think he understands the game and explains it well. Melanson, Clemmer- we have options. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HellOnICE said:

Who knows if Oates even wants that. We have some fresh voices with Patrik, Madden, Sal - I think has done a good job on commentary where I think he understands the game and explains it well. Melanson, Clemmer- we have options. 

Madden as head coach, Patrik as an assistant for the forwards, and Salvador as an assistant for the defense. Give them the rest of the season. 

48900595153_a7baa323ca_b.jpg


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hynes has nothing left in his bag to motivate this bunch.. I actually  think he was very good at it for past years.. but eventually guys will get burnt out...  time for a change in voice and strategy.. the system needs a tweak, and we need a restart on the rebuild...  again get rid of the old , and evaluate the youth.

.I really dont know how many more games I can watch ,as is..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean I'm starting to really worry that Hynes has stunted the development of our young guys.

Nico, Zacha, Bratt.. they all look like they've taken a step back.  I was really hoping for a breakout year from Nico.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I mean I'm starting to really worry that Hynes has stunted the development of our young guys.

Nico, Zacha, Bratt.. they all look like they've taken a step back.  I was really hoping for a breakout year from Nico.

Severson’s horrendous set backs only further the argument the AHL-at-best coach is a plague on the franchise. But it’s okay, they found their performance unacceptable for the umpteenth time so surely something different will happen. fvcking losers in management.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jagknife said:

If (When) we get smoked by Buffalo tomorrow, I expect a fan to put Hynes in a barrel and send him over the Falls. Enough of this sh!t already

Who told you of my plans?  I’ve been ousted.  Only thing that sucks is I don’t live anywhere near buffalo.  I expect someone to send over a private jet for me though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I mean I'm starting to really worry that Hynes has stunted the development of our young guys.

Nico, Zacha, Bratt.. they all look like they've taken a step back.  I was really hoping for a breakout year from Nico.

The strategy is to sit the youngins til they learn to play hockey from the stands. It seems to be working, right? 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

Who told you of my plans?  I’ve been ousted.  Only thing that sucks is I don’t live anywhere near buffalo.  I expect someone to send over a private jet for me though.

I got your Uber from the Falls to Buffalo-Niagara International Airport. You’re on the hook for flights to and from though... sorry

Edited by jagknife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have zero doubt that hynes steps out of that barrel  and goes behind the bench for the next days practice without missing one step.. completely dry ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s an idea, call up Mike Grier’s brother Chris, the GM of the Dolphins and ask if their coach, Brian Flores knows literally anything about hockey, like that you need to put on skates to play it, and have him coach the team when football is over.  Flores is getting the most out of a team that was explicitly built to lose.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jagknife said:

I got your Uber from the Falls to Buffalo-Niagara International Airport. You’re on the hook for flights to and from though... sorry

Still completely worth it.  Would be considered the smartest money I’ve ever spent.  In fact, I’ll vouch for the insurance to verify the package has reached its final destination with the contents still in the same position at the end of its journey.  Whose meeting me there with the champagne?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Here’s an idea, call up Mike Grier’s brother Chris, the GM of the Dolphins and ask if their coach, Brian Flores knows literally anything about hockey, like that you need to put on skates to play it, and have him coach the team when football is over.  Flores is getting the most out of a team that was explicitly built to lose.

At least one of our teams has a coach....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, devlman said:

What a shame that it takes the ny post to call out Ray on this. Our beat writers continue to ask or write about fluff.

Please don't underestimate the value of haircuts. Lou would have been proud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

At least one of our teams has a coach....

Maybe he could be the Bo Jackson of coaches.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, devlman said:

What a shame that it takes the ny post to call out Ray on this. Our beat writers continue to ask or write about fluff.

From the screenshots I saw posted that were retweeted, it looks like Abbey was saying during yesterday's game that the fire Hynes chants were "not gaining any traction."  Sorry but from the videos I saw it came through pretty loud and clear.  She apparently later deleted those tweets.

Further proof our non-team employed beat writers are part of the Devils Pravda.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

From the screenshots I saw posted that were retweeted, it looks like Abbey was saying during yesterday's game that the fire Hynes chants were "not gaining any traction."  Sorry but from the videos I saw it came through pretty loud and clear.  She apparently later deleted those tweets.

Further proof our non-team employed beat writers are part of the Devils Pravda.

She is pathetic. A troll of nearly every aspect of the word. I also don’t refer to her by name, ever, cause it’s like a badge of honor to her. She is the Gerald Broflovski of beat writers, but instead of using an online persona of SkankHunt, she just does it herself.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.