Fire Hynes

Daniel

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

When have they ever had a mandatory morning skate on the second half of back to backs? I’d put money down saying it’s under 5% of the time.

That being said, if Hynes is allowed to coach this team tonight, Ray Shero is then admitting he too is part of the problem. 

I've been really trying to give Shero the benefit of the doubt for as long as I can, but it's really starting to enter that territory.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They didn't finish in the bottom 3 in 2017-18.  They were bottom 3 last season and in 2016-17.  20th in 2015-16.  That's not "perpetual bottom three finishes." 

I agree in that you can't give Shero a pass for THIS season being a disaster to date...especially since he stuck with Hynes this long.  The next couple of years are going to be the biggies for him...like I said, he'll be on his second coach, and it will be time for his drafts to start paying off.  If his picks aren't contributing and it looks like the next coaching staff is another dud...you can argue that it's time for a new GM. 

This year will be a bottom three season. 

36 minutes ago, Daniel said:

This year will be a bottom three season. 

I mean... are you willing to put money where your mouth is ? Like do you actually legit believe that sh!t or you're just trying to make this place as miserable as you are?

Cause it's fvcking annoying to hear you spout that sh!t 70 times a day like it's some sort of truth. That Shero is tanking on purpose... not trying to build a winner... etc etc Cmon put your money when your mouth is and put the money towards the board if you lose

Remember when you said Shero wouldn't do anything this summer cause he didn't trade for Trouba? that he was not trying to build a winning team etc etc just to see him acquire Subban and Gusev moments later.

Edited by SterioDesign

23 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean... are you willing to put money where your mouth is ? Like do you actually legit believe that sh!t or you're just trying to make this place as miserable as you are?

Cause it's fvcking annoying to hear you spout that sh!t 70 times a day like it's some sort of truth. That Shero is tanking on purpose... not trying to build a winner... etc etc Cmon put your money when your mouth is and put the money towards the board if you lose

Remember when you said Shero wouldn't do anything this summer cause he didn't trade for Trouba? that he was not trying to build a winning team etc etc just to see him acquire Subban and Gusev moments later.

I don’t gamble except for my fantasy football team, so sweet burn there.  And I notice that spreadsheet types that say they know more than everyone are not millionaires like they should be and are very very quiet all the sudden.  And Jacob Trouba is better than anyone on the Devils as currently constituted.  You can’t even debate that he’s better than any of our defenseman.

Otherwise keep defending the indefensible.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aitchmack said:

I know I'm making a huge assumption but the Devils have had three games in four days.  There's no time to get a new coach some practices with the team. However, after tonights game there's two days before the Chicago game. So, sack Hynes tonight. New/interim coach gets two days of practice with the team.  That's what I hope anyway.

I was thinking the same thing - not that tonight's outcome should dictate anything, but assuming we lose, no matter how badly, I could possibly see Hynes getting the boot tomorrow for the reason(s) you mentioned. 

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I was thinking the same thing - not that tonight's outcome should dictate anything, but assuming we lose, no matter how badly, I could possibly see Hynes getting the boot tomorrow for the reason(s) you mentioned. 

What time will it be? If its after 8:43 AM I am going to be pissed. 

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don’t gamble except for my fantasy football team, so sweet burn there.  And I notice that spreadsheet types that say they know more than everyone are not millionaires like they should be and are very very quiet all the sudden.  And Jacob Trouba is better than anyone on the Devils as currently constituted.  You can’t even debate that he’s better than any of our defenseman.

Otherwise keep defending the indefensible.  

that's not the point, the point is you making assumptions based on your own doom and gloomed mentality. You really think Shero didnt inquirer about Trouba at all? and that winnipeg didnt prefer getting their pick back or something like this? 

Fact is you said he'd do nothing and he did something, proving you wrong.

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

that's not the point, the point is you making assumptions based on your own doom and gloomed mentality. You really think Shero didnt inquirer about Trouba at all? and that winnipeg didnt prefer getting their pick back or something like this? 

Fact is you said he'd do nothing and he did something, proving you wrong.

The team that Ray Shero has assembled is the second worst in the league only to a tanking Red Wings team.  His past teams have been bad enough to land the number 1 pick overall in two out of three seasons.  It has been embarrassed in the last two games and John Hynes is still the coach.  I don't give a crap what the Devils prospects ranking is and I don't care how much everyone at the Athletic likes Shero and thinks he's some kid of genius, at no point in the Lou Lamoirello era were things this bad and it got pretty ugly at the end.

Maybe turn your energy towards forcing Ray Shero to do what everyone knows needed to be done a month ago instead of harping on how I wanted Jacob Trouba over the summer.  Shero obviously doesn't listen to anyone and must have the biggest ego that ever graced professional sports, but every extra voice telling him to put up or shut up couldn't hurt.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The team that Ray Shero has assembled is the second worst in the league only to a tanking Red Wings team.  His past teams have been bad enough to land the number 1 pick overall in two out of three seasons.  It has been embarrassed in the last two games and John Hynes is still the coach.  I don't give a crap what the Devils prospects ranking is and I don't care how much everyone at the Athletic likes Shero and thinks he's some kid of genius, at no point in the Lou Lamoirello era were things this bad and it got pretty ugly at the end.

Maybe turn your energy towards forcing Ray Shero to do what everyone knows needed to be done a month ago instead of harping on how I wanted Jacob Trouba over the summer.  Shero obviously doesn't listen to anyone and must have the biggest ego that ever graced professional sports, but every extra voice telling him to put up or shut up couldn't hurt.

You still don't understand and never understood how he was dealt a sh!tty team and had to rebuild from almost nothing. What he assembled is maybe not great yet but it's totally the best he could have possibly done with what he had to work with and the time he had. Nobody with common sense would debate that. Just the fact that you say that his team missed the playoffs 4 years out of 5 is showing how there's not even an attempt to understand the context here

Edited by SterioDesign

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

You still don't understand and never understood how he was dealt a sh!tty team and had to rebuild from almost nothing. What he assembled is maybe not great yet but it's totally the best he could have possibly done with what he had to work with and the time he had. Nobody with common sense would debate that. Just the fact that you say that his team missed the playoffs 4 years out of 5 is showing how there's not even an attempt to understand the context here

What fvcking rebuild and what insight to do whatever he's doing could you possibly be talking about.  I say what rebuild because the word implies that you are actually building a team that can win sustainably, something that is not anywhere in sight.  As to what he's actually done, he's managed to get two number one overall picks by fielding extremely bad teams on purpose and took advantage of Pete Chiarelli like several other GMs and agents in the sport managed to do.  Hall for Larsson isn't the Tom Kurvers trade.  He has missed out on superior coaches (like Dave Tippet, for example) by sticking with John Hynes because the two of them are friends, which is how he literally chooses his coaching staff.

I know the "context" very well.  You don't have to keep repeating it.  It's been five years.  Shero has had a lot to work with during that time, much more than other teams that have had to tear it down.  In terms of winning and losing games, the thing that actually matters, the Devils are worse now than they were when Shero took over.  I don't see any other plan he can pursue now except keep getting prospects and draft picks and hopefully something pans out.  Even firing Hynes won't work because there's now not a quality coach to be had, especially a coach that fits his very narrow criteria. 

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Given what Shero inherited, where do you think the team should be now?  I'm not saying it should be this bad this season, and I was definitely thinking "contend for a playoff spot", but how good should they be? 

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'd agree with the bolded up through last season, even though last year was a step back (and even though trades like the ones for MoJo and Mueller didn't work out).  The PK acquisition is Shero's first real "eeeeeeeeewwwww" move, and there was evidence to suggest that it was not a great risk to take (even though I 100% admit I wasn't aware of that at the time, mostly because PK's one of those players I just never paid that much attention to).  And the Hynes situation with him still somehow being here is really getting to be ridiculous.

But I agree in general with the bolded...given what he had to work with, he had the team on track to potential success fairly quickly initially. 

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

What fvcking rebuild and what insight to do whatever he's doing could you possibly be talking about.  I say what rebuild because the word implies that you are actually building a team that can win sustainably, something that is not anywhere in sight.  As to what he's actually done, he's managed to get two number one overall picks by fielding extremely bad teams on purpose and took advantage of Pete Chiarelli like several other GMs and agents in the sport managed to do.  Hall for Larsson isn't the Tom Kurvers trade.  He has missed out on superior coaches (like Dave Tippet, for example) by sticking with John Hynes because the two of them are friends, which is how he literally chooses his coaching staff.

I know the "context" very well.  You don't have to keep repeating it.  It's been five years.  Shero has had a lot to work with during that time, much more than other teams that have had to tear it down.  In terms of winning and losing games, the thing that actually matters, the Devils are worse now than they were when Shero took over.  I don't see any other plan he can pursue now except keep getting prospects and draft picks and hopefully something pans out.  Even firing Hynes won't work because there's now not a quality coach to be had, especially a coach that fits his very narrow criteria. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Man, look at our roster and prospect pool from 2015 and look at now and give your head a shake.

This might be the craziest thing you've ever said ever

Just now, SterioDesign said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Man, look at our roster and prospect pool from 2015 and look at now and give your head a shake.

This might be the craziest thing you've ever said ever

How many points in the standings this year has our prospect pool gotten us?  And how many points in the standings is it getting us next year, in two years, three years?  Not very much, especially if you look at how terrible a team Bingo is with that wonderful prospect pool you speak of.   And how much of that prospect pool had anything to do with Ray Shero's genius anyway.  If the goal is to lose a lot of games and use the draft, just teach one of the homeless guys outside of the arena to trade guys on expiring contracts at the deadline and just show up at the draft with one of those draft guides and make some picks.  Josh Harris can get the same results and afford another ivory back scratcher.

Ray Shero shows no sign that he is even close to building a team that will sustainably win and he has shown that he will employ an incompetent coach based on friendship.  He should be on an extremely extremely short leash.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

How many points in the standings this year has our prospect pool gotten us?  And how many points in the standings is it getting us next year, in two years, three years?  Not very much, especially if you look at how terrible a team Bingo is with that wonderful prospect pool you speak of.   And how much of that prospect pool had anything to do with Ray Shero's genius anyway.  If the goal is to lose a lot of games and use the draft, just teach one of the homeless guys outside of the arena to trade guys on expiring contracts at the deadline and just show up at the draft with one of those draft guides and make some picks.  Josh Harris can get the same results and afford another ivory back scratcher.

Ray Shero shows no sign that he is even close to building a team that will sustainably win and he has shown that he will employ an incompetent coach based on friendship.  He should be on an extremely extremely short leash.

See... this is amazing thing with you... you'll cherry pick arguments any way you can just to be negative lol

you want the coach fired cause as you've been suggesting, he's 100% responsible for the team and all the players playing like sh!t... so it means you think the team should do better than they are in term of results.

But then... you sh!t on Shero for not being able to build a winning team... so then is it the coach or its the team?

Or are you just over the top negative  just for the sake of being negative? <--- that's not really a question cause everyone here knows that this is your thing

Edited by SterioDesign

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

See... this is amazing thing with you... you'll cherry pick arguments any way you can just to be negative lol

you want the coach fired cause as you've been suggesting, he's 100% responsible for the team and all the players playing like sh&#33;t... so it means you think the team should do better than they are in term of results.

But then... you sh&#33;t on Shero for not being able to build a winning team... so then is it the coach or its the team?

Or are you just over the top negative  just for the sake of being negative? <--- that's not really a question cause everyone here knows that this is your thing

I don't think you know what cherry picking is.

I have said very clearly since the opening night debacle that John Hynes needs to be fired something that has become glaringly obvious to everyone.  Ray Shero chose that incompetent coach and continues to stick with that incompetent coach, which is not defensible.  He has a history of sticking with coaches who are his friends, which is a sign that he's doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Even if by a miracle he fires Hynes, I have little faith that he'll choose a competent replacement.  His inability to realize that coaching matters of itself is a huge strike against him.

As to the talent, the point is that it did not take this great genius to get Hughes and Nico (field a bad team and have ping pong balls bounce the correct way) and he is one of at least 3 other GMs that have Peter Chiarelli to the cleaners, so at some point he can't tell you how great he is for Taylor Hall.  And even the Taylor Hall trade will have been a waste if we are not getting a Byram or Caufield level player back in return as a pick in the 22 to 30 range will not make much of a difference. 

One would think there is enough talent on the team that there can be a turn around of some sort with a new coach.  It will have been far too little too late though.

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don't think you know what cherry picking is.

I have said very clearly since the opening night debacle that John Hynes needs to be fired something that has become glaringly obvious to everyone.  Ray Shero chose that incompetent coach and continues to stick with that incompetent coach, which is not defensible.  He has a history of sticking with coaches who are his friends, which is a sign that he's doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Even if by a miracle he fires Hynes, I have little faith that he'll choose a competent replacement.  His inability to realize that coaching matters of itself is a huge strike against him.

As to the talent, the point is that it did not take this great genius to get Hughes and Nico (field a bad team and have ping pong balls bounce the correct way) and he is one of at least 3 other GMs that have Peter Chiarelli to the cleaners, so at some point he can't tell you how great he is for Taylor Hall.  And even the Taylor Hall trade will have been a waste if we are not getting a Byram or Caufield level player back in return as a pick in the 22 to 30 range will not make much of a difference. 

One would think there is enough talent on the team that there can be a turn around of some sort with a new coach.  It will have been far too little too late though.

Man i love how you just glance over the whole roster like all he did was to draft Hughes and Nico and that just about any GM could have made the Hall trade... and ignore everything else that he did. Again, not all of the moves have pan out but when you're in a sh&#33;thole like he was with what Lou left him. He had to be creative and find cheap ways to maximize his return and gamble. You're straight up just a hater trying to discredit someone you dont like

I actually don't even know why im engaging with you, you've proven to be negative just to be negative enough. everyone knows it

Edited by SterioDesign

18 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Man i love how you just glance over the whole roster like all he did was to draft Hughes and Nico and that just about any GM could have made the Hall trade... and ignore everything else that he did. You're straight up just a hater trying to discredit someone you dont like

Other bad and actually worse trades that Peter Chiarelli has made: Tyler Seguin trade for spare parts and No. 14 overall (Matt Barzal) for Griffin Reinhart.  Other bad but less consequential trade made by Peter Chiarelli, trading Ryan Strome for Ryan Spooner.  So no, it was not a genius level move, and if the return for Hall when Shero trades him is not Byram or Caufield level, it's a failure.

Otherwise you can taut all his moves you want, besides the draft picks, they are not resulting in turning the team into a sustainable winner, or at least there is no sign of it.  He's got a chance to prove me wrong when and if he finally chooses a new coach.  But I can tell you if next starts off more or less like this year, he is and should get fired.

Edited by Daniel

9 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

According to Chris Ryan Hynes will be gone within the next 24-48 hours. With Nasreddine named as interim! God help us.

https://www.nj.com/devils/2019/12/nhl-rumors-devils-expected-to-fire-coach-john-hynes-what-it-means.html

HAHAHAHA called it lol.