Daniel

Fire Hynes

Just now, nessus said:

That's like impeaching Trump, and then being stuck with Pence

That’s a great analogy. Other than the fact that Trump and Hynes are on opposite ends of the hair spectrum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I get the feeling Shero is waiting for Tampa's Jon Cooper to be made available, it's really the only thing that'd make sense of all of this. Toronto's Babcock domino fell and Shero probably felt like Tampa's right behind them. Tampa's holding on though, and meanwhile the situation in New Jersey has become that untenable; Hynes is doing such a bad job, he couldn't even buy Shero an extra week or two.

My guess is Nasreddine is taking over because Shero has no other backup plan other than to wait for Jon Cooper to get let go from Tampa (which could happen shortly for all we know) and swoop in for a quick hire of a great American coach.

Edited by DJ Eco

Hahahahaahahahahhahaha.  Rejean literally named the worst person he could possibly name as our interim coach.  He could have pulled Grier, Kowalsky, etc. as interim coach but he picked the worst of them all.

Winter of Shero is cold, bitter and cruel.

• Like 3

Oh my fvcking God he didn't clean house or name Fitz interim?

We're fvcking doomed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crisis said:

So will Hynes be behind the bench tonight?

Looks like it. Given Nasreddines fantastic job with the defense I'm not expecting much but getting rid of Hynes will be a step in the right direction at least. Just because Ryan thinks that'll happen doesn't mean it will though.

22 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

According to Chris Ryan Hynes will be gone within the next 24-48 hours. With Nasreddine named as interim! God help us.

https://www.nj.com/devils/2019/12/nhl-rumors-devils-expected-to-fire-coach-john-hynes-what-it-means.html

I honestly would rather have the Flames' racist ex-coach than see Nasreddine as head coach. 

8 minutes ago, Crisis said:

So will Hynes be behind the bench tonight?

If he is that's insane, and the Fire Hynes chants should still be sung. 

Kind of hilarious that they waited until 2 minutes before his press conference to announce it.

I'm sure it didn't just happen.

Re: Nasreddine being picked as interim: Fitzgerald just spent a couple weeks watching mission control from the bench, I trust that he's seen enough of the dynamic to weigh in on whether Nasreddine is the right guy to be named interim coach, or that they have a replacement plan up their sleeve in short order.

We can complain all we want, but no matter who you pick of the bunch to be interim coach, they were all in charge of an aspect of our game that is god awful no matter what (special teams, offensive play, defensive play), so I trust Fitzgerald saw enough to weigh in with Shero that Nasreddine is the guy for the short term future til a head coach is available.

32 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

I get the feeling Shero is waiting for Tampa's Jon Cooper to be made available, it's really the only thing that'd make sense of all of this. Toronto's Babcock domino fell and Shero probably felt like Tampa's right behind them. Tampa's holding on though, and meanwhile the situation in New Jersey has become that untenable; Hynes is doing such a bad job, he couldn't even buy Shero an extra week or two.

My guess is Nasreddine is taking over because Shero has no other backup plan other than to wait for Jon Cooper to get let go from Tampa (which could happen shortly for all we know) and swoop in for a quick hire of a great American coach.

Yeah cause really before all of this Babcock would have been a pipedream. Now he's available and nobody wants him lol

Ok, we got our blood... now  Nassredine gets to tweak the system a bit...  not expecting much, but at least I'm a little bit interested again...  thx for the effort hynes... LGD

• Like 2

meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

i hate that it's nas but its just to do something.

You really need to quote a Bruce Springsteen lyric rather than a lyric by The Who.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Kind of hilarious that they waited until 2 minutes before his press conference to announce it.

I'm sure it didn't just happen.

That is so classic!

4 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

Cooper is Canadian lol (and I’d LOVE Cooper here, so I really hope you’re right).