Daniel

Fire Hynes

The other thing about keeping Hynes is that the longer he stays, the more likely it is that Hughes becomes a bust due to extremely poor coaching and team  dysfunction to start his career.

Hynes is in line to be the gift that keeps on giving.  You can almost call him Chiarelli's revenge.

24 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The other thing about keeping Hynes is that the longer he stays, the more likely it is that Hughes becomes a bust due to extremely poor coaching and team  dysfunction to start his career.

Hynes is in line to be the gift that keeps on giving.  You can almost call him Chiarelli's revenge.

McDavid did okay with a sh!t team, sh!t management and sh!t coaches so far. Hughes should be fine

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

McDavid did okay with a sh!t team, sh!t management and sh!t coaches so far. Hughes should be fine

I could have coached the Oilers and McDavid would have been all right. 

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I could have coached the Oilers and McDavid would have been all right. 

I believe that's the point Hynes isn't going to turn Hughes into a bust.

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

I believe that's the point Hynes isn't going to turn Hughes into a bust.

Hughes is not as good as McDavid.

and my point remains, Hynes is not going to turn Hughes into a bust.

and I'm not even a Hynes guy I could care less if he got sh!t canned.

Edited by titans04

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Fire the entire coaching staff at this point. Alain Nasreddine really needs to go more than anything else. He was a dog sh!t defenseman when he played and he's even worse at coaching the defense.

Hynes has been protecting Nas so throw them both out 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Fire the entire coaching staff at this point. Alain Nasreddine really needs to go more than anything else. He was a dog sh!t defenseman when he played and he's even worse at coaching the defense.

There will come a time that a sacrificial lamb has to be offered.  N certainly fits the requirements.  But that should let H know that the clock is ticking on him, too.  What must Shero be thinking?

• Like 1

I mean, really the only terrible aspect of the Devils' game today was the penalty kill. Which, yes I think we need some answers there. Opposing teams have scored on 7 of their last 12 PP opportunities vs. us.

Other than that, the players just didn't convert tonight.

Good thing we had Rooney in the lineup for that final PK, boys. Made a big difference.

Only our dumbass coach would put Rooney out there to kill a PK with 90 seconds left.

Fire him. Clean house 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Good thing we had Rooney in the lineup for that final PK, boys. Made a big difference.

Only our dumbass coach would put Rooney out there to kill a PK with 90 seconds left.

Fire him. Clean house 

When I saw he had Rooney and Mueller on the ice at the same time against McDavid and Draisaitl, I just shook my head. You knew what was happening.

• Like 1

If we had a George Steinbrenner type owner he'd be gone already....way to many chances for Hynes at this point. Its time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

When I saw he had Rooney and Mueller on the ice at the same time against McDavid and Draisaitl, I just shook my head. You knew what was happening.

That was a bad choice but to be fair, nothing has worked on the PK as of yet.

Hynes' presser tonight was surprisingly coherent, he even dropped the tough guy voice and a lot of what he said seemed to demonstrate that he has clear view of the problems this team has. The Devils have four more games before they have a five day layoff. I imagine if the Devils don't continue to take strides over the course of those games and the PK doesn't improve, Shero is going to do some hard re-evaluation about Hynes and co. after that Vancouver game. I know everyone is in a rush to fire Hynes tonight (and trade all of the players) but this game I think shows that we can give it a few more games before really losing our minds.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

I know everyone is in a rush to fire Hynes tonight (and trade all of the players) but this game I think shows that we can give it a few more games before really losing our minds.

If we lose in Boston and at home to Florida and then the Rangers the entire coaching staff better be fired. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Considering Hynes is probably 5-10 games away from getting fired unless something drastic changes, Hughes' development is the absolute last thing I'm worried about right now.

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Fire him. Clean house 

The funny part is that if Hynes put Boyle out there, a guy who has historically been way worse on the PK, no one would've said anything.

Rooney is a fine penalty killer.  He's garbage 5 on 5.  His record as a penalty killer is quite good.  

7 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Considering Hynes is probably 5-10 games away from getting fired unless something drastic changes, Hughes' development is the absolute last thing I'm worried about right now.

Hynes should have been fired by now.  I am seriously worried that Ray has this stubborn attachment to him like he had to Bylsma in Pittsburgh.  Where Lou might have been too quick to pull the trigger on firing a good coach, Ray sticks with mediocre or incompetent ones forever.

• Like 1

Just now, Triumph said:

The funny part is that if Hynes put Boyle out there, a guy who has historically been way worse on the PK, no one would've said anything.

Rooney is a fine penalty killer.  He's garbage 5 on 5.  His record as a penalty killer is quite good.  

We’re saying stuff because the only fvcking thing Hynes can manage to do is lose games.  He’s incompetent and is not an NHL coach.  Just accept that sometimes losing a lot is the coach’s fault.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Hynes should have been fired by now.  I am seriously worried that Ray has this stubborn attachment to him like he had to Bylsma in Pittsburgh.  Where Lou might have been too quick to pull the trigger on firing a good coach, Ray sticks with mediocre or incompetent ones forever.

Ray's not going to let this go forever, he can't.  Not after all the moves he made this offseason.  This isn't last year where he could just troll the fanbase with an extension for Hynes as the team careens downhill, this team needed to do better this year or it's rebuild #2 on deck and that gets Shero onto a hot seat too.

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Ray's not going to let this go forever, he can't.  Not after all the moves he made this offseason.  This isn't last year where he could just troll the fanbase with an extension for Hynes as the team careens downhill, this team needed to do better this year or it's rebuild #2 on deck and that gets Shero onto a hot seat too.

Ordinarily that makes sense.  But we have an ownership group that are big believers in being good or awful.  It’s not a terrible strategy for a little bit, but I can just see Ray telling ownership that he’s a Lafrennier or Byfield away from being a dynasty.  

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We’re saying stuff because the only fvcking thing Hynes can manage to do is lose games.  He’s incompetent and is not an NHL coach.  Just accept that sometimes losing a lot is the coach’s fault.

I thought you stopped watching the games - well tonight's was actually really good, the Devils played very well, and if they continue to play that way, they'll win plenty of games.

If they lose like Wednesday consistently, yeah, that's the coach's fault.  But I don't expect that to happen.

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Ordinarily that makes sense.  But we have an ownership group that are big believers in being good or awful.  It’s not a terrible strategy for a little bit, but I can just see Ray telling ownership that he’s a Lafrennier or Byfield away from being a dynasty.  

Then their offseason made absolutely zero sense if the owners were 'committed to a tank'.