Daniel

Fire Hynes

27 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

If there is a firing, I'd venture a guess that Alain Nasreddine is definitely out - he's a Hynes-era hire and hasn't produced impressive results. Grier could last just because he doesn't seem that consequential to the staff one way or another - as a new coach, he's here to learn more than anything. I think if anyone had a good chance of outliving Hynes though, it'd be Kowalsky given that he's been with the organization so long. That said, he doesn't seem to have much of a clue himself.

Kowalsky would be worse than Hynes if that's possible.  It needs to be someone who has proven he can win as an NHL head coach. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Kowalsky would be worse than Hynes if that's possible.  It needs to be someone who has proven he can win as an NHL head coach. 

There's no way Kowalsky would be made head coach - that's not what I was saying...though actually he could be named interim coach. That would be a nightmare.

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I disagree. Craig Berube stepped in and won the Cup last year, and he was hardly a proven HC. It just needs to be the right guy. 

Edited by Nicomo

I fear that the only thing that will get Ray to fire his BFF is if the league announces we’re disqualified from the lottery.  

You take out the insane MVP effort by Hall, and Hynes hasn’t had this team even close to being competitive in 4+ years. It’s time to move on. 

• Like 2

John Hynes is a good dude. He's been good to the players, he's been good to the fans, and he's a guy you really root for. That said, life's not fair, gotta start preparing to replace him. He's got three more games to really turn things around before the week layoff and Shero has to have options ready by then.

Edited by Neb00rs

We know Hynesy is Shero's guy.

But how long is the rope? If Devs go winless in October - 10 games - It should be bye bye Hynesy. :hi:

11 minutes ago, JohnnyP. said:

We know Hynesy is Shero's guy.

But how long is the rope? If Devs go winless in October - 10 games - It should be bye bye Hynesy. :hi:

end of october? that's way too late to attempt to save the season. he will be fired next saturday night/sunday if this continues. gives the new coach a few days of practice before a game unless it's their bye week already.

11 minutes ago, JohnnyP. said:

Edited by devils744

7 minutes ago, devils744 said:

end of october? that's way too late to attempt to save the season. he will be fired next saturday night/sunday if this continues. gives the new coach a few days of practice before a game unless it's their bye week already.

I'd agree with that move you state. 

I'm just of the opinion that Shero will give him the month. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyP. said:

I'd agree with that move you state. 

I'm just of the opinion that Shero will give him the month. 

It wouldn’t be the first time Shero waited too long to fire a coach.

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Word

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I'm hoping that he learned from that.

If not he can join Coach Loser on his way out.

• Like 1

I'm surprised he was given an 0-2-2 leash, but yea, he's Shero's guy. But one win isn't going to save his job. If the team is playing NHL .500, he's gotta go. I think he'd need to set the world on fire through October. Or, I hope that's what it would take. 

I bet Ray is gonna roll through his USA Hockey rolodex before he does anything else. Any decent American coaches without a job? I'm not saying he'll only hire an American coach, but if there's a good one available, I'd guess they'd be the front runner. 

He wouldn't be dumb enough to hire Bylsma, would he? 

Edited by thecoffeecake

35 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I'm surprised he was given an 0-2-2 leash, but yea, he's Shero's guy. But one win isn't going to save his job. If the team is playing NHL .500, he's gotta go. I think he'd need to set the world on fire through October. Or, I hope that's what it would take. 

I bet Ray is gonna roll through his USA Hockey rolodex before he does anything else. Any decent American coaches without a job? I'm not saying he'll only hire an American coach, but if there's a good one available, I'd guess they'd be the front runner. 

He wouldn't be dumb enough to hire Bylsma, would he? 

I think Bylsma is a Detroit assistant. 

1 hour ago, devils744 said:

way too late? the blues were one of the last team in the league in JANUARY, they went through months of rumours of them willing to trade everyone and blowup the team.

And they won the cup.

Lets calm down a bit lol

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

way too late? the blues were one of the last team in the league in JANUARY, they went through months of rumours of them willing to trade everyone and blowup the team.

And they won the cup.

Lets calm down a bit lol

Blues had one win through 6 games last year, so clearly it’s a COMPLETELY different situation lol. 

1 hour ago, Jerrydevil said:

I'm gonna miss the "Mister DeVil" commercial. Ah well.

An extra bonus so far as I’m concerned.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/rumor-scott-stevens-a-potential-replacement-for-nhl-coach-on-the-hot-seat

Rumor: Scott Stevens a potential replacement for NHL coach on the hot seat.

edit: not sure how legit this is

Without even clicking on it I’m going to guess not very? Stevens made it pretty clear he wanted more family time when he left coaching in Minnesota. Granted, it’s been a couple years, but I doubt he’d want the job. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Without even clicking on it I’m going to guess not very? Stevens made it pretty clear he wanted more family time when he left coaching in Minnesota. Granted, it’s been a couple years, but I doubt he’d want the job. 

I also don't see any reason it would be him vs a coach with head coaching experience like a Ruff or Boucher. Just don't see them taking a chance. 

My biggest concern with Hynes and the coaching staff now isn't actually the system or winning games , is their ability to develop young talent. 

Watching the game last night and I can't really say that any of the young guys brought into this roster over the last few years have made any form of step. Specifically I don't feel like Butcher and Severson seem to have learned a thing. 

If we are going to bring a coach in they need to have attack record of improving young players.