GDT: Devils at the Fruity Drink Accessories, 5 Oct @ 7pm Eastern

jagknife

I liked what I saw offensively tonight. This team will be dangerous offensively when the boys get more chemistry. Defensive mistakes must be cleaned up though, the guys need to be more intelligent with the puck, and that can be fixed. Get the W in Buffalo and make this back to back count.

LGD!!!

The first NJD goal will be scored by Hall for hist first of the year!

72442784_556177871792346_281296439215128576_n.jpg

• Like 1

Here's the lines I'm hoping for:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri

Gusev-Zajac-Bratt

Boqvist-Hughes-Coleman

Wood-Zacha-Simmonds

If no Boqvist:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri

Gusev-Zajac-Bratt

Coleman-Hughes-Simmonds

Wood-Zacha-Hayden

In the second (no Boqvist) scenario I also wouldn't mind switching Coleman to RW and playing Wood on that line, while Simmonds goes down to the 4th line.

• Like 1

Just now, Jerzey said:

Personally I liked

Hall-Hughes-Palmieri 

Guzev-Hischier-Bratt

This is what I would like to happen down the line during the season. But not now, Jack needs to be protected on a lower line for now while he develops his defensive game and learns how to play in the NHL.

• Like 1

So if we’re rolling with the load management theory for Boqvist, fine, but he needs/deserves to play tonight. I couldn’t care any less about Hayden, nor Hynes’ bullsh!t excuse of “well he’s responsible in the defensive end and I needed him to support the Hughes line” because when you flop like a dead fish at the end of your shift and knock the puck away from your own teammate to kill any chance they had of a clear, and it leads directly to the equalizer, you need to see the pine. Hynes does it all the time to the younger guys, so it’s only fair.

LGD

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jagknife said:

So if we’re rolling with the load management theory for Boqvist, fine, but he needs/deserves to play tonight. I couldn’t care any less about Hayden, nor Hynes’ bullsh!t excuse of “well he’s responsible in the defensive end and I needed him to support the Hughes line” because when you flop like a dead fish at the end of your shift and knock the puck away from your own teammate to kill any chance they had of a clear, and it leads directly to the equalizer, you need to see the pine. Hynes does it all the time to the younger guys, so it’s only fair.

LGD

Re: Hayden, you're mixing up two things here. "I needed him to support the Hughes line" (stabilize is what he actually said I think), was not the reason Hayden played but why he was moved there by Hynes - something that I agree, didn't work. But I thought Hayden looked okay out there with Wood and Zacha. They had some bad moments but were tough to play against. I'd like to see Boqvist too, but that first game gives me no reason to scapegoat Hayden.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Re: Hayden, you're mixing up two things here. "I needed him to support the Hughes line" (stabilize is what he actually said I think), was not the reason Hayden played but why he was moved there by Hynes - something that I agree, didn't work. But I thought Hayden looked okay out there with Wood and Zacha. They had some bad moments but were tough to play against. I'd like to see Boqvist too, but that first game gives me no reason to scapegoat Hayden.

He was scapegoated before the game was even played because some people have a tremendous Boqvist hardon. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

He was scapegoated before the game was even played because some people have a tremendous Boqvist hardon. 

True he was scapegoated before the game was even played. "Boqvist hardon" being a euphemism for some on this board expecting every forward in the lineup to be a highly skilled player.

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Guilty as charged

12 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Yeah I kinda merged it all together after the gaffe on the GTG

4 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

True he was scapegoated before the game was even played. "Boqvist hardon" being a euphemism for some on this board expecting every forward in the lineup to be a highly skilled player.

The concept that Boqvist needed to be in the opening night lineup instead of Hayden is ridiculous. That decision could’ve gone either way and it would make no difference. Winnipeg is s physical team and we needed a physical presence. Most of our roster doesn’t offer that, and Boqvist was the odd man out. 

Yet people act like Hynes asked Taylor Hall to sit.

As I’ve been saying, if it keeps happening, I definitely won’t understand

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Guilty as charged

The scapegoat part or the hardon? Or both?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yes

The reality is Hayden is the low hanging fruit for me to grasp at while I watched the third period melt down.

i feel the more reality of the situation was we had 4 lines rolling for the first time in forever and the third period tinkering threw most of them off. The 4th line wasn’t an issue at all last night, even with Wood being Wood of last year and not of two years ago. Zacha looked solid. And Hayden wasn’t noticeable in a bad way which is what you expect of a grinder who’s in to give us size.

And no, you cannot account for your goalie to come in ice cold and be expected to shut a team that smells blood in the water down, but I think if we left the variable of the lines alone, we might have fared better.

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

LGD

If we're going to be honest here I can't be the only one that's struggled with load management since my teenage years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

Yes

#Boner-qvist!!

52 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Hope for a solid win to wash the taste of last night out of their mouths.

Yikes. 

37 minutes ago, titans04 said:

If we're going to be honest here I can't be the only one that's struggled with load management since my teenage years.

To sock or not to sock, that is the question. 

• Haha 1