Trade Taylor Hall

MB3

Yeah i was harsh on Lou and praised Shero with the way they handled their big UFAs but starting the season without Hall signed is a mistake in my books by Shero. And it could bite him in the ass real bad. He HAD to get that figured out awhile ago to get maximum assets if things didnt go his way. Now if we can't him hall is value will go lower as the season go on PLUS he may get hurt which would be the absolute worst. And it almost happened already in game 2 ! 

Cmon Shero

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah i was harsh on Lou and praised Shero with the way they handled their big UFAs but starting the season without Hall signed is a mistake in my books by Shero. And it could bite him in the ass real bad. He HAD to get that figured out awhile ago to get maximum assets if things didnt go his way. Now if we can't him hall is value will go lower as the season go on PLUS he may get hurt which would be the absolute worst. And it almost happened already in game 2 ! 

Cmon Shero

Hall missing over half the season put Shero in a real difficult spot on this one...I'm not so sure a GM would've been willing to give up that much for a guy coming off an injury headed into a walk year...I'm thinking any GM trying to get Hall would've been trying to do it on the cheap. 

I know this is the one-size-fits-all primer that you tend to fall back on in these situations, but Shero clearly decided to bring in enough talent with the hope that Hall would realize that the Devils are trying indeed to start winning, and was also hoping that Hall would bounce back AND be amenable to sticking around long-term.  And that could very much still happen...three games do not a season make.  I do think if this does not turn around significantly and soon, Shero will play the "can the coach" card soon.  And then we'll see. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neb00rs said:

The scapegoating this fanbase is engaging in is reaching hysterical levels. Taylor Hall is no longer allowed to have a game where he gets outplayed, even if in said game he works his ass off and is still our best offensive player. Some teams have Sean Couturiers, they're special players, doesn't mean your best player isn't putting in effort. I thought Hall put in a lot of effort yesterday, though yes, he was at a loss for how to respond to the Flyers possible 2019-20 Selke-winner.

Maybe a fanbase that calls for a star player to be traded after a bad game doesn't deserve said star player anyway.

He's been a point per game player since he got here playing for incompetent coaches, so it's not really scapegoating him as much as understanding that there's only so much dysfunction he can take.  The longer Shero sticks with Hynes, where the Devils will likely literally not win a single game, the longer the dysfunction continues and it just makes sense to cut bait on him both because he would not be coming back and the because damage will already have been done similar to the damage MacLean did. 

Hynes' incompetence cannot be stressed enough.

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hall missing over half the season put Shero in a real difficult spot on this one...I'm not so sure a GM would've been willing to give up that much for a guy coming off an injury headed into a walk year...I'm thinking any GM trying to get Hall would've been trying to do it on the cheap. 

I know this is the one-size-fits-all primer that you tend to fall back on in these situations, but Shero clearly decided to bring in enough talent with the hope that Hall would realize that the Devils are trying indeed to start winning, and was also hoping that Hall would bounce back AND be amenable to sticking around long-term.  And that could very much still happen...three games do not a season make.  I do think if this does not turn around significantly and soon, Shero will play the "can the coach" card soon.  And then we'll see. 

No matter how you turn it around its a HUGE major asset gamble at a time when we need assets the most. The fact that Hall never sounded like he was all-in PLUS his injury history can't be ignore here

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

No matter how you turn it around its a HUGE major asset gamble at a time when we need assets the most. The fact that Hall never sounded like he was all-in PLUS his injury history can't be ignore here

The bottom line is that the Devils have had two first overall picks in three years and have "weaponized" their cap space to bring in more talent.  The return you get for Taylor Hall if he's traded at some point this season versus the return at some other realistic point in the past should not be difference between where the Devils are in the long run.  If the organization continues to be a laughing stock, it will be a combination of atrocious coaching and analytics which posits that you can get good enough coaching on the cheap, and not an extra first round pick which would likely be wasted on career AHLer like McLeod.

1 hour ago, Neb00rs said:

The scapegoating this fanbase is engaging in is reaching hysterical levels. Taylor Hall is no longer allowed to have a game where he gets outplayed, even if in said game he works his ass off and is still our best offensive player. Some teams have Sean Couturiers, they're special players, doesn't mean your best player isn't putting in effort. I thought Hall put in a lot of effort yesterday, though yes, he was at a loss for how to respond to the Flyers possible 2019-20 Selke-winner.

Maybe a fanbase that calls for a star player to be traded after a bad game doesn't deserve said star player anyway.

It’s ridiculous. I’m going to make two points about Taylor. 

1) If Shero bases his decision to part ways with Hall based on 3 games, he should be fired. 

2) If Hall bases his decision about staying in NJ bases on 3 games, he should go fvck himself. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He's been a point per game player since he got here playing for incompetent coaches, so it's not really scapegoating him as much as understanding that there's only so much dysfunction he can take.  The longer Shero sticks with Hynes, where the Devils will likely literally not win a single game, the longer the dysfunction continues and it just makes sense to cut bait on him both because he would not be coming back and the because damage will already have been done similar to the damage MacLean did. 

Hynes' incompetence cannot be stressed enough.

38 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The bottom line is that the Devils have had two first overall picks in three years and have "weaponized" their cap space to bring in more talent.  The return you get for Taylor Hall if he's traded at some point this season versus the return at some other realistic point in the past should not be difference between where the Devils are in the long run.  If the organization continues to be a laughing stock, it will be a combination of atrocious coaching and analytics which posits that you can get good enough coaching on the cheap, and not an extra first round pick which would likely be wasted on career AHLer like McLeod.

I recognize you're taking a different angle than the creator of this thread, so I'm not diametrically opposed to your deeper point, but it's important to note: the Devils need Taylor Hall. And if the Devils lose Taylor Hall, they better be ready to replace him with another Taylor Hall. Some nights he is the offense - even when he's not he generates such a large share of the offense for the team that without him we have absolutely no chance of contending any time soon. I only urge you take that seriously before calling for him to be traded. Though, it seems you'd be happy with just Hynes being fired.

If Hall doesn't want to stick around, then as I've said before, there's no conversation, he has to be traded if we aren't looking like we're capable of a deep playoff run.

Agree!

Maybe an unpopular opinion.  This team at this time has a lot of holes in it. Yes on paper we potentially got much better after this off season BUT there's still a lot of those guys that haven't become  very good  maybe even great NHL players. Some not even good players - yet.

Hughes, Gutsev, Bratt, Nico (to a lesser extent) will to grow or we're fvcked.

Simmonds maybe got here 2-3 years too late.

Coleman clearly has exceeded all expectations

Zajac - meh good at what he does?

Hall - 1 season removed from league MVP

Palms one of the streakiest I've ever seen

Wood, Zacha, Ronney, Hayden - not good enough at this point in time

The D - sh!tshow potential.

Goalie - jury is out there too although Cory has shown flashes

Bottom line imo they still have a long ways to go and the expectations based on the off season moves have turned out to be unrealistic.

A real shot in the balls - hopefully just for now.

8 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I recognize you're taking a different angle than the creator of this thread, so I'm not diametrically opposed to your deeper point, but it's important to note: the Devils need Taylor Hall. And if the Devils lose Taylor Hall, they better be ready to replace him with another Taylor Hall. Some nights he is the offense - even when he's not he generates such a large share of the offense for the team that without him we have absolutely no chance of contending any time soon. I only urge you take that seriously before calling for him to be traded. Though, it seems you'd be happy with just Hynes being fired.

If Hall doesn't want to stick around, then as I've said before, there's no conversation, he has to be traded if we aren't looking like we're capable of a deep playoff run.

The Isles survived and thrived after losing John Tavares for nothing, precisely because they were lucky to land a really good coach.  So all I'm saying is that there might come a point when you're forced to trade him, which would be a result of the awful coaching that has made the team a perrenial lottery contender rather than playoff contender. 

8 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Agree!

Maybe an unpopular opinion.  This team at this time has a lot of holes in it. Yes on paper we potentially got much better after this off season BUT there's still a lot of those guys that haven't become  very good  maybe even great NHL players. Some not even good players - yet.

Hughes, Gutsev, Bratt, Nico (to a lesser extent) will to grow or we're fvcked.

Simmonds maybe got here 2-3 years too late.

Coleman clearly has exceeded all expectations

Zajac - meh good at what he does?

Hall - 1 season removed from league MVP

Palms one of the streakiest I've ever seen

Wood, Zacha, Ronney, Hayden - not good enough at this point in time

The D - sh!tshow potential.

Goalie - jury is out there too although Cory has shown flashes

Bottom line imo they still have a long ways to go and the expectations based on the off season moves have turned out to be unrealistic.

A real shot in the balls - hopefully just for now.

A lot of teams if not every team except for Tmapa that succeeds has their own roster holes and weaknesses.  There's enough quality on the Devils' roster to be a playoff contender rather than a bottom five team that routinely gets blown out.  That's on the coaches and I don't see how this is even a debatable point. 

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The Isles survived and thrived after losing John Tavares for nothing, precisely because they were lucky to land a really good coach.  So all I'm saying is that there might come a point when you're forced to trade him, which would be a result of the awful coaching that has made the team a perrenial lottery contender rather than playoff contender. 

So you're saying Fire Hynes? That's it? Not attacking, just confirming. Because this is the trade Taylor Hall [now] thread.

Edited by Neb00rs

43 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

So you're saying Fire Hynes? That's it? Not attacking, just confirming. Because this is the trade Taylor Hall [now] thread.

I’m saying you may not have to trade Hall if Hynes is fired sooner rather than later.  If Shero insists on keeping Hynes around, then it’s inevitable Hall gets traded.

Edited by Daniel

40 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I’m saying you may not have to trade Hall if Hynes is fired sooner rather than later.  If Shero insists on keeping Hynes around, then it’s inevitable Hall gets traded.

Let's see if the two are indeed tied together as the season wears on. I vote no, but understand you're the polar opposite. 

Edited by titans04

Not only does Taylor Hall look slower than 2019 Lyle Odelein, but what really pissed me off was that at some point in the second period, I saw him quit mid-play, skate over to the Oilers bench, lean over and whisper in McDavid's ear, "See you next year old friend, Jersey's a trash heap."

On 10/10/2019 at 12:05 AM, MB3 said:

He looks disinterested and slow. 

Move on, with a player who actually wants to be here.

2 points in 3 games before the Edmonton game and now 3 points in 4 games, producing numerous chances on a currently lousy team - yeah sure he’s disinterested...what a special kind of stupidity. Please don’t procreate

Edited by devlman

3 minutes ago, devlman said:

2 points in 3 games before the Edmonton game and now 3 points in 4 games, producing numerous chances on a currently lousy team - yeah sure he’s disinterested...what a special kind of stupidity. Please don’t procreate

The kid wants to win. He’s not disinterested. The team just need to get their Fkn heads out of their asses. It’ll happen in the next few games though. I’m not worried.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ilzz89 said:

Is it yours? Did they start rewarding players for hitting crossbars?

LOL you just said based on your previous post that we lost because of Hall. Please tell me how that makes any sense? Him hitting the cross bar is not in the equation. Yes, his game is off but let the guy be. Wins a MVP season the next year has 37 points in 34 games and has 3 points in 4 games. Not to mention he’s coming off a injury while not playing 8+ months.

we won’t be having this conversation in 5-10 games as he’ll be back to his old self.

go to bed.

Edited by Devils01