Sign in to follow this  
MB3

Trade Taylor Hall

5 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Not only does Taylor Hall look slower than 2019 Lyle Odelein, but what really pissed me off was that at some point in the second period, I saw him quit mid-play, skate over to the Oilers bench, lean over and whisper in McDavid's ear, "See you next year old friend, Jersey's a trash heap."

I know you're joking but you should see Edmonton lol

Everyone’s being ridiculous.  Can’t trade Hall no matter what.  Need him so he can be their good luck charm again at the time of the lottery balls.  How else are they gonna end up with the number one pick?

27 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Everyone’s being ridiculous.  Can’t trade Hall no matter what.  Need him so he can be their good luck charm again at the time of the lottery balls.  How else are they gonna end up with the number one pick?

Easy, by continuing to give up 2 powerplay goals every game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, devlman said:

2 points in 3 games before the Edmonton game and now 3 points in 4 games, producing numerous chances on a currently lousy team - yeah sure he’s disinterested...what a special kind of stupidity. Please don’t procreate

I know you think you’re clever, and I hate being the one to tell you this, but it’s possible to look slow and still collect a couple of secondary assists along the way.

plus I’m already going to procreate, we’re going to name him devlman because he’ll pop right out of the womb with a similar education level.

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I know you think you’re clever, and I hate being the one to tell you this, but it’s possible to look slow and still collect a couple of secondary assists along the way.

plus I’m already going to procreate, we’re going to name him devlman because he’ll pop right out of the womb with a similar education level.

Not mfitz?

#Heartbroken

11 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Not only does Taylor Hall look slower than 2019 Lyle Odelein, but what really pissed me off was that at some point in the second period, I saw him quit mid-play, skate over to the Oilers bench, lean over and whisper in McDavid's ear, "See you next year old friend, Jersey's a trash heap."

The Last Word No GIF by MSNBC

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Oooh snap!! You got me good! Just another junk post in your junk thread to add to your junk history.

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Oooh snap!! You got me good! Just another junk post in your junk thread to add to your junk history.

oh no bb you gotta try harder than that. 

But regardless; I said last night I thought Taylor had a great game. I stand by my statement; you’ve gotta trade him. He’s clearly not re-signing here if we’re really this much of a dumpster fire, and you can’t have another Zach Parise / Scott Gomez “played in his prime walking away for free”. 

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

After the things he’s said about Taylor Hall, the last thing in the world I want to hear about is his “junk history”. I don’t have that kind of time lol.

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

oh no bb you gotta try harder than that. 

But regardless; I said last night I thought Taylor had a great game. I stand by my statement; you’ve gotta trade him. He’s clearly not re-signing here if we’re really this much of a dumpster fire, and you can’t have another Zach Parise / Scott Gomez “played in his prime walking away for free”. 

Hall wanting out because the team is a dumpster fire versus him being disinterested are two completely different points. I agree he should be dealt if it’s either point, but there’s no evidence of the latter point to make that determination.

We're 4 games into the season. Way to early for crazy talk. Give it at least 10 games

10 minutes ago, '7' said:

We're 4 games into the season. Way to early for crazy talk. Give it at least 10 games

I'm marking my calendar. But if I have to wait, its going to be REALLY crazy talk when it happens. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Love it when people post here and speak in absolute. 

Every post every day lol. 

Might as well delete this thread from the board.  -50% (that’s minus 50%) chance he signs now, he sees this team is absolute complete sh!t.  Def gonna go for a contender and actually play in playoff games.

5 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Might as well delete this thread from the board.  -50% (that’s minus 50%) chance he signs now, he sees this team is absolute complete sh!t.  Def gonna go for a contender and actually play in playoff games.

Maybe he’d like to do something besides look suicidal and hit posts. I don’t wanna hear it. He’s part of the problem right now.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Maybe he’d like to do something besides look suicidal and hit posts. I don’t wanna hear it. He’s part of the problem right now.

No question that he is. But is he thinking that way? Or is he thinking of making a boatload of money playing for a contender?

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No question that he is. But is he thinking that way? Or is he thinking of making a boatload of money playing for a contender?

If he’s thinking the latter, he can fvck off to another team then. We can lose and score a goal a game without him.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If he’s thinking the latter, he can fvck off to another team then. We can lose and score a goal a game without him.

I hate to be that guy - and it's hard to defend a guy who hasn't scored yet, but Hall had a tough job tonight in having to deal with Bergeron and overall, he had a fairly productive game. And it looked to me like the effort was there all the way through. I'm not saying he had an entirely successful game tonight, but I really don't have many complaints about Hall.

• Like 1

Just now, Neb00rs said:

I hate to be that guy - and it's hard to defend a guy who hasn't scored yet, but Hall had a tough job tonight in having to deal with Bergeron and overall, he had a fairly productive game. And it looked to me like the effort was there all the way through. I'm not saying he had an entirely successful game tonight, but I really don't have many complaints about Hall.

I don’t think “productive” is the right word. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t think “productive” is the right word. 

I think it's exactly the right word. He had 5 shots on goal, and 7 shot attempts, and overall the team finished 15-12 at 5v5 in that regard with him on the ice. Cordell counted 4 shots assists as well for a total of 11 5v5 shot contributions. Bergeron specifically might gotten the better of the team when Hall was on the ice, but not by as much as one might have expected, and well, it's Patrice Bergeron.

But beyond that, like I said, from just an observation standpoint, Hall was skating hard and trying to make things happen. Sometimes it's hard to tell on a TV or computer screen, but it looked that way to me.

You have to trade Hall, and the sad thing is every other GM knows it.

John Hynes is the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise, and by extension Ray Shero for sticking with him this long.   It is hard to express how much damage his cue ball head will have proven to have done when the dust settles.

The only people who can’t see it are analytics morons, all of whom can be shot into the sun.

41 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I think it's exactly the right word. He had 5 shots on goal, and 7 shot attempts, and overall the team finished 15-12 at 5v5 in that regard with him on the ice. Cordell counted 4 shots assists as well for a total of 11 5v5 shot contributions. Bergeron specifically might gotten the better of the team when Hall was on the ice, but not by as much as one might have expected, and well, it's Patrice Bergeron.

But beyond that, like I said, from just an observation standpoint, Hall was skating hard and trying to make things happen. Sometimes it's hard to tell on a TV or computer screen, but it looked that way to me.

He did play well, but he “produced” nothing. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

He did play well, but he “produced” nothing. 

he produced shots and scoring opportunities... so that's false