Sign in to follow this  
MB3

Trade Taylor Hall

There are plenty of players on this team who have proven themselves.  Taylor Hall is one of them.  

The mystery that not 100 percent of everyone who is paying attention does not see that it is John Hynes who is the problem, is only rivaled by the mystery that Andy Dalton has managed to make it to the playoffs a bunch of times.

55 minutes ago, Daniel said:

There are plenty of players on this team who have proven themselves.  Taylor Hall is one of them.  

The mystery that not 100 percent of everyone who is paying attention does not see that it is John Hynes who is the problem, is only rivaled by the mystery that Andy Dalton has managed to make it to the playoffs a bunch of times.

I’m not suffering enough right now? You have to bring my Bengals into this? 

Also, Dalton used to be halfway decent, Hynes was never a good coach, so it’s a bad comparison anyway. 

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

Taylor Hall for Roman Josi.

Who says no?

Rather go younger if we’re trading him away. Better fit with the timetable of when this team might actually be competitive. And he’s an UFA next year, and he probably wouldn’t sign anyway. 

28 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Taylor Hall for Roman Josi.

Who says no?

Probably Nashville. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Probably Nashville. 

Depends. If they were confident they could sign Hall he’s exactly what they need tbh. They’re deep on defense, have good centers (especially now with Duchene), and a Vezina winner in goal. Hall could instantly play on their first line. Other than Forsberg and Arvidsson they don’t have a lot on the wing. 

Currently Halls value is probably the lowest it's been since he has been a Devil. 

I honestly think he was wanting to see how the team panned out before making a decision. 

At this stage it's not looking good. 

29 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Currently Halls value is probably the lowest it's been since he has been a Devil. 

I honestly think he was wanting to see how the team panned out before making a decision. 

At this stage it's not looking good. 

I’ll say it again- Taylor Hall is part of the problem right now. Taylor Hall shouldn’t be judging anything unless he’s willing to include himself and his garbage performance so far in that evaluation.   

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’ll say it again- Taylor Hall is part of the problem right now. Taylor Hall shouldn’t be judging anything unless he’s willing to include himself and his garbage performance so far in that evaluation.   

I think Hall has looked fine.  A little puck-luck and he has 2-3 goals. Idk why Hall's value would be low. Last night he was one of the few guys doing it by himself at times.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I think Hall has looked fine.  A little puck-luck and he has 2-3 goals. Idk why Hall's value would be low. Last night he was one of the few guys doing it by himself at times.

Understood- but more is expected from him. Hall is a difference maker at his best. Through the first five games of this season, he hasn’t made a difference. And he’s had opportunities to do so. That needs to change. 

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Understood- but more is expected from him. Hall is a difference maker at his best. Through the first five games of this season, he hasn’t made a difference. And he’s had opportunities to do so. That needs to change. 

You and I have different perspectives. For me Hall is doing all the right things and the fact that he has had some bad luck factors into that assessment. The puck will go in eventually. I think your perspective is more results driven, fvck the rest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

You and I have different perspectives. For me Hall is doing all the right things and the fact that he has had some bad luck factors into that assessment. The puck will go in eventually. I think your perspective is more results driven, fvck the rest.

It may not be entirely fair, but when the team loses badly like it has been, yeah, I tend to focus more on bottom line results. And starting tomorrow afternoon, I wanna see Taylor Hall start making a difference in the Devils winning hockey games this season. Hopefully that happens. 

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The thing is, if Hall wants to be in that 11-12 million a year club he needs to put up results. This thing goes both ways. He might be evaluating the Devils, but the Devils are doing the same for him. When a team is shelling out the cash he's gonna want, they don't want to hear about luck. 
And I understand that that isn't necessarily fair, but i do think it's pretty accurate 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

The thing is, if Hall wants to be in that 11-12 million a year club he needs to put up results. This thing goes both ways. He might be evaluating the Devils, but the Devils are doing the same for him. When a team is shelling out the cash he's gonna want, they don't want to hear about luck. 
And I understand that that isn't necessarily fair, but i do think it's pretty accurate 

Nico and Hall both need to get going if they want to get paid. 

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Nico and Hall both need to get going if they want to get paid. 

I’m not sure Nico is due for a huge payday. I’ll still be a 6-7x increase, but he’s nowhere close to the number Hall will get. 

Not that I’m suggesting you implied that, just stating an observation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not sure Nico is due for a huge payday. I’ll still be a 6-7x increase, but he’s nowhere close to the number Hall will get. 

Not that I’m suggesting you implied that, just stating an observation. 

Yeah, Nico probably gets something similar to Keller’s deal. 7x8. 

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah, Nico probably gets something similar to Keller’s deal. 7x8. 

And, may I add, I’d hand him that contract to sign right now. 

How about shipping Hall to the Avs? Maybe even allow them to negotiate an extension before the trade to increase his value (like Stone). Avs have a ton of cap space.

I don't know their team well enough to know what assets they have to deal but.. if we could get a great prospect, 1st and a roster player (preferably LHD) I honestly think I'd be happy.

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

How about shipping Hall to the Avs? Maybe even allow them to negotiate an extension before the trade to increase his value (like Stone). Avs have a ton of cap space.

I don't know their team well enough to know what assets they have to deal but.. if we could get a great prospect, 1st and a roster player (preferably LHD) I honestly think I'd be happy.

I think if they didn't already ship out Barrie this summer, that might have been a fit

I see Hall going to the Avs with almost getting nothing in return and then winning the cup.  Just how this season and franchise is going.  If I was him that’s exactly where I’d want to go with the potential they have.

Although the food in Colorado is pretty bad.

Just now, ajsgolf said:

Three words: Rocky Mountain Oysters. 

More and more it seems 17-18 was his career year rather than the start of the norm.

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Three words: Rocky Mountain Oysters. 

Five words: Hell to the motherfvcking no

Are they good?  Lol

I take it you’ve seen the movie Funny Farm?  “The trick is you’ve gotta cut em way up here”

25 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I see Hall going to the Avs with almost getting nothing in return and then winning the cup.  Just how this season and franchise is going.  If I was him that’s exactly where I’d want to go with the potential they have.

If there's one thing Shero's has been good at historically.. it's trading.

I don't see him getting fleeced for Hall.

• Like 1

Or how about the Habs?

Reunite Cole Caufield with Hughes lol