Sign in to follow this  
MB3

Trade Taylor Hall

9 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Or how about the Habs?

Reunite Cole Caufield with Hughes lol

I mean... Hell yea. I doubt Caufield won't excel at the NHL level. Hall would need to sign an extension though. 

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Or how about the Habs?

Reunite Cole Caufield with Hughes lol

I would need more from MTL than a kid who has yet to play an NHL game. Caufield, a few picks? I dont even know how to value Hall anymore

I doubt they are looking into trading hall yet unless he behind closed doors has said he no longer has any interest in playing here, which may happen soon.

2 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I doubt they are looking into trading hall yet unless he behind closed doors has said he no longer has any interest in playing here, which may happen soon.

Do you trust what you've seen so far from him enough to warrant an 8 year extension?

It might be a two-way street here.

36 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Do you trust what you've seen so far from him enough to warrant an 8 year extension?

Hall has looked like the same old Hall to me. He has the speed, skill, and doesn't look the the knee is an issue. He just has had no puck luck and he is stuck on a team of losers that lose so bad even he can't muster enough MVP to carry them out of this dumpster fire mess. 

15 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Hall has looked like the same old Hall to me. He has the speed, skill, and doesn't look the the knee is an issue. He just has had no puck luck and he is stuck on a team of losers that lose so bad even he can't muster enough MVP to carry them out of this dumpster fire mess. 

You’re giving him entirely too much credit. He’s one of those ‘losers’. Taylor Hall doesn’t just get a pass because he’s Taylor Hall.

Edited by MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I do.  He has shown that he can get a very poorly coached team into the playoffs on his own.  There are very few players who have shown an ability to do that.

Get coaches who know what they’re doing, and everything will get better.  It would be an absolute travesty if we gave away a player of his caliber because of John fvcking Hynes.

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You’re giving him entirely too much credit. He’s one of those ‘losers’. Taylor Hall doesn’t just get a pass because he’s Taylor Hall.

I'm not giving him a pass. He is on a team of losers but he is one of only a few players playing to their potential. The fact that it isn't working is a testament to how sh!t the team, the system, and the coaching is. Not him. 

Again, your assessments are far and away based on results. 

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

I do.  He has shown that he can get a very poorly coached team into the playoffs on his own.  There are very few players who have shown an ability to do that.

Get coaches who know what they’re doing, and everything will get better.  It would be an absolute travesty if we gave away a player of his caliber because of John fvcking Hynes.

Goalies are the most important players on the team. People love to rag on  kk, but he was a huge reason they even made the playoffs.  Cant make the playoffs without a good goalie..  not taking anything away from hall, but saying he solely got them there is wrong.

Yes, I'm a goalie, so I'm biased in the though that goalies are the most important players.  

Doesnt matter as we played the same system then as we do now with the poor defense...  making the playoffs trumped the poor system so hynes got a free pass, last year was blamed on talent so he got another free pass.  Wonder what the excuse will be this year.  And this is on shero as well... he will be out if he keeps Hynes and things dont improve 

If they can get a quality defenseman or goalie, I am all for trading Hall.

The only way to get out of this mess is to start fixing the backend of the team. Case closed.

But, the Devils are in a pickle because Hall's value is pretty low right now.

Edited by njbuff

On 10/13/2019 at 3:30 PM, MadDog2020 said:

I’ll say it again- Taylor Hall is part of the problem right now. Taylor Hall shouldn’t be judging anything unless he’s willing to include himself and his garbage performance so far in that evaluation.   

I have to agree, at least in part.  However, I’ll cut him some slack that he may still be returning to form from injury.  People always assume that once you’re ‘healed’ then you’re 100% but that’s rubbish.  

Ill give everyone’s a personal example: I once had a cyst removed from my right wrist.  It was supposed to be healed in just two weeks and that was basically true.  However, even with some rehab it felt uncomfortable to type for a year and my wrist has never been as strong (and don’t even get me started on how this ruined my marathon masturbation sessions..... ).  Now I am no athlete and I don’t have access to the state-of-the-art medical facilities that these folks do, but they’re still human beings.  So I suspect Hall will be knocking some rust off for awhile, but that’s just a guess.  

However, none of that really contradicts your main point that Hall hasn’t contributed like in the past.  I don’t know that he is exactly part of the problem, but he hasn’t returned to form either.  I think he will though....

• Like 1