GDT: Oilers @ Devils 7:00PM

cgb6397

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Makes sense.  Pay $100 to park, eat, and watch a "hockey game", or go to the hardware store, buy a $7 hammer, and smash myself in the face with it and achieve the same thing. 

I’m laughing but depressed that I completely agree with that sentiment after just 3 games. It’s been that bad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gunslinger27 said:

My take is if this team plays like sh!t tonight, Hynes throne is going to start heat up. I'll maybe give him 20 games. Hynes goes into his 5th season 141-148-42

20 games?! Absolutely not. If this teams chemistry doesn’t change soon not only will Hall not be re signing here but the entire season is going to be pissed right down the drain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Makes sense.  Pay $100 to park, eat, and watch a "hockey game", or go to the hardware store, buy a $7 hammer, and smash myself in the face with it and achieve the same thing. 

I laughed and cried all in the same post, never did that before! Hoping for some puck control and and please watch the turnovers.. Especially in our end! LGD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Official Hynes Lynes for tonight:

Wood-Rooney-Hayden

Hall-Nico-Palmieri

Coleman-Hughes-Rooney

Rooney-Rooney-Hayden

Greene-Subban

Severson-Lovejoy

Greene-Rooney

in goal - Schneider (sorry man)

For some reason, "Hynes Lynes" made me laugh harder than the rest of this post.  Something about Hynes Lynes is pretty goddamned funny. 

• Like 1

Based on what we saw yesterday, it should have been enough to realize the Simmonds needs to be switched with Palmieri. I imagine Hynes' thinking is, "Hughes played better when I deployed him very carefully. I better not change a thing. If he plays with Palmieri, I have to play him in more situations." He wouldn't be wrong there but I just want to see what Coleman-Hughes-Palms looks like. Give them a period of hockey.

I don't really care if Zacha or Rooney plays and I definitely don't think it's the big deal everyone is making it out to be. Zacha is the better player but honestly neither player is doing that great right now. Zacha certainly didn't make our PK better the last time he played.

I rewatched some of the first period vs. the Flyers this morning. The Devils really played well for a lot of the period and some of the second. Then the Flyers kind of realized what they needed to do to get the Devils off their game - they started really pressing the Devils hard on the rush and were able to really be effective because the Devils tried to carry the puck into the zone so much. Couturier of course absolutely dominated and that really ended any chance of us taking back over the game. I'd be interested to hear what people who are better game analysts would say but my general sense is that Alain Vigneault was a step [two steps] ahead of John Hynes.

-

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

For some reason, "Hynes Lynes" made me laugh harder than the rest of this post.  Something about Hynes Lynes is pretty goddamned funny. 

Thank you, good sir. Trademarked for use everytime Hynes doesn't know what to do and hits the "random line" button. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Thank you, good sir. Trademarked for use everytime Hynes doesn't know what to do and hits the "random line" button. 

See the source image

• Haha 3