GDT: Oilers @ Devils 7:00PM

cgb6397

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If we lose this game tonight I want Ray Shero to come storming out of the zamboni tunnel and fire the entire coaching staff Vince McMahon style...

I've always maintained that last season was an evaluation kind of year.  And the dual doomsday scenario that we all feared (Cory either not coming back or playing poorly, and Hall getting injured) did plenty to kill the season anyway, as far as being truly competitive went. 

This is not the same kind of season.  Shero clearly went for some legit "right now" moves.  I don't think Hynes will get a terribly long leash this time.  Yeah, he got an extension, but it was not some major vote of confidence, despite Shero's very flattering comments about Hynes at the time...it was a two-year extension that kicked in this year, so he wouldn't go into 2019-20 as a lame duck.  Doesn't mean that if this sh!t doesn't get righted fairly soon, that he (or someone on his staff) can't be shown the door.  I get a GM backing his coach to an extent (Shero did that last season), but that can only go on for so long.  This needs to turn around very soon. 

• Like 5

Second game of a back-to-back, Greene out for Mueller, Blackwood in net. Everything is pointing towards the Devils losing badly and McDavid setting records. That means the Devils will probably win because hockey.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Haha 1

Forget firing everyone (which should pretty much happen 666%) but I think you have to fire the entire medical staff, these guys get injured at the smallest things, what the F are those guys doing (or not doing) that these guys are constantly out of the lineup for such bullish!t reasons?  Same crap as last year (not referencing Hall when I say that)

I can explain the fourth line as, "Keep the bad defensive players off the ice." I can almost explain the second line as, "Wood does produce chances." But Zacha-Hughes-Simmonds, that's just a clusterfvck. The problem is, there's better lines to be had. I don't get it. Coleman-Hughes worked.

• Like 1