GDT: Oilers @ Devils 7:00PM

cgb6397

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Well last game fans were sh!tting on him for looking disinterested and now he tries a fancy move and he's trying to do too much? lol

It wasn't even a superfluous move. He didn't have much space to work with and putting it through his legs opened up some space over the blocker.

RECAP

• PROS
    • Hughes actually looked decent tonight
    • Gusev is legit
    • HHP line was great
    • Blackwood looked good
    • Overall, the effort was good and a step in the right direction.
  • CONS
    • The PK
      • The late period penalties killed the Devils
    • Too many dumb plays
    • Subban has not been good at all
  • GOALS FOR
    • Goal 1
      • Beautiful shot by Palmieri
    • Goal 2
      • Great play by Bratt, and a great one timer by Gusev
    • Goal 3
      • Severson took a shot earlier in the shift that missed the net, but it got the Oilers scrambling which is why taking shots from long ranger is good
      • Good work by Hall and Hischier to set up Severson
  • GOALS AGAINST
    • Goal 1
      • Too much space for the McD line
      • Blackwood had no chance
    • Goal 2
      • Bad pk
      • Blackwood had no chance with the deflection.
    • Goal 3
      • Shooting the puck and crashing the net still works in creating garbage goal opportunities.
      • Can't fault Blackwood

5 on 5 POSSESSION

• CF: 44 to 29
  • FF: 33 to 19
  • SF: 26 to 14
  • SCF: 20 to 11
  • HDCF: 6 to 1

ALL SITUATIONS

• CF: 54 to 41
  • FF: 40 to 29
  • SF: 31 to 22
  • SCF: 25 to 17
  • HDCF: 9 to 3
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Kind of annoyed with Hall trying that through the legs stuff in OT. Just keep it simple when things are going in. Trying to do too much. 

Eh I would rather he tried it, shows he has a bit of confidence and isn't playing scared.

I mean I would rather he tried the thing that scored a goal, but can't really sh!t on a guy for trying a high end move. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

How has Subban not looked good? Other than Severson scoring a nice goal he looks like the only defenseman on the team that even belongs in the NHL right now. 

One horrendous giveaway tonight right in front of our net, but otherwise I think he had a good game. 

1 minute ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Eh I would rather he tried it, shows he has a bit of confidence and isn't playing scared.

I mean I would rather he tried the thing that scored a goal, but can't really sh!t on a guy for trying a high end move. 

I’m not “sh!tting” on him, he had a nice game. I just think that was a pretty low chance move/shot he tried, and would have rather he just tried something simple. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

I’m not “sh!tting” on him, he had a nice game. I just think that was a pretty low chance move/shot he tried, and would have rather he just tried something simple. 

He’s pretty fast, if you can sh!t on him that’s pretty impressive. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Some of you are so dramatic and ridiculous. This game was a much better effort and if not for the previous 3, I would not be devastated by tonight’s game. 

Right...I don’t know what half of them expected. Did they think we’d go out and be an all star team right away? There’s New faces, Hall back from injury. Give it time.

Just now, Devils01 said:

Right...I don’t know what half of them expected. Did they think we’d go out and be an all star team right away? There’s New faces, Hall back from injury. Give it time.

Especially not tonight, where we got robbed by a bad penalty call and lost in a shootout to a 3-0 team with two absolute snipers. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Some of you are so dramatic and ridiculous. This game was a much better effort and if not for the previous 3, I would not be devastated by tonight’s game. 

hell yeah for morale victories!!

I half kid, I don't get bent out of shape over any of this stuff anymore.

I'm just here for the laughs.

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Not blowing a 4-0 lead, not getting flat out embarrassed in our only two road games, not blowing a lead with a minute to go, not playing Rooney and Hayden over Boqvist and Zacha?

i mean should I keep going?

Yes, the home opener I agree with you, however, the last 3 games it’s a learn in progress. There’s some small details I agree with everyone such as the lack of effort from the players last game and the garbage line decisions Hynes has gone with but as far as the players being off or not playing well we should give it time 

Edited by Devils01

7 minutes ago, titans04 said:

hell yeah for morale victories!!

I half kid, I don't get bent out of shape over any of this stuff anymore.

I'm just here for the laughs.

I’m not saying it’s a victory at all, but it was a marked improvement over the last 2 games and if we all weren’t so worked up already, we would have just looked at this game as a win some, lose some, we got 1 point against McDavid kind of game.

8 minutes ago, MB3 said:

not playing Rooney and Hayden over Boqvist and Zacha?

Perfect example of what I’m talking about. Boqvist has played two NHL games and has done nothing, and Zacha is Zacha. That’s what you’re gonna get worked up over?? Like having those two guys in the lineup is the key?

Please. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Zacha is Zacha and Zacha is ten times the player John hayden is. If you can’t see he’s an excellent defensive NHL forward you’re worse than uninformed; you’re dumb.

I didn’t say Hayden was better. I said Zacha sitting out ONE game for him didn’t make any fvcking difference and people are carrying on like little girls about it. 

14 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Zacha is not an excellent defensive forward.  He's great on the PK.  Big difference between the two.

I would agree with this. Nico and Zajac are responsible defensively all the time. Zacha is more of a PK guy. I don’t see any Selke noms in his future. 

I didn’t go back too far in the thread, but I hope people stopped complaining about the Devils to complain about the BS penalty call at the end of the third that resulted in the tying goal. 
Totally sh!tty call. 

I’m okay with the official ruling that to be a trip. What I have problem with is that they let a couple of similar plays go for the Oilers minutes before that. It sent the message about the level at which penalties would be called, then they seemingly didn’t keep to that standard.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devils Dose said:

I’m okay with the official ruling that to be a trip. What I have problem with is that they let a couple of similar plays go for the Oilers minutes before that. It sent the message about the level at which penalties would be called, then they seemingly didn’t keep to that standard.

Two reasons that call was made, 9 and 7.