GDT: Devils at Boston 7:00 PM

Neb00rs

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean.. they would have been sloppy wins but we lost 2 games in SO... which comes down to individual efforts.... then we'd be 2-2-0. Not the worst thing in the world so let's all calm down at LEAST until we hit 10 games maybe? 

It’s the blown leads though. If we fought back to come from behind and tie, but then came up short in the SO it would be a completely different feeling right now. 

4 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

EGsDaN0WoAILZxS?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

What can Rooney possibly bring to centering a line with talent like Gusev and Bratt? Also, Simmonds, hasn't been a good possession player yet. Why not try another player on Hughes' right wing? Zacha/Hughes/Coleman would be worth trying. 

He’s a warm body.  Is that contributing?  Other than that I’ve got nothing.

Edited by AEWHistory

30 minutes ago, AEWHistory said:

I think a better reply would be to argue that Hynes’s use of Boqvist undermines that argument and reinforces the notion that Haynes is not in firm control of the best use of this team’s talent.  I had hoped that the first game scratch of Boqvist would be indicative of Haynes having a plan for him.  I don’t see why you’d need, or want, to laugh at that idea.  Or do you enjoy having our team coached by an imbecile why wasting prime years of talented hockey players losing profoundly frustrating games?  I know I don’t.... I went through enough of that in the ‘80s.  So while I can’t defend Hynes’s use of Boqvist by sitting him tonight and I agree that this is damning of the coaching staff, I don’t understand your apparent joy at being right that the Devils are in bad hands.  I prefer to hope that we are in good hands and I’ll be happy if I’m right; being right about my favorite teams sucking ass just isn’t enjoyable.

I'm not laughing at the idea of him sitting or not, but those who thought that was the actual reasoning behind Hynes sitting Boqvist.  It's not and never really was.  It's because Hynes has no clue what he is doing except giving ice time to his favorites who show to him that ever-vague "high level of compete" nonsense he keeps spewing.

15 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I'm not laughing at the idea of him sitting or not, but those who thought that was the actual reasoning behind Hynes sitting Boqvist.  It's not and never really was.  It's because Hynes has no clue what he is doing except giving ice time to his favorites who show to him that ever-vague "high level of compete" nonsense he keeps spewing.

It is still true that Boqvist is being limited in order to pace him - but he's not above anyone else on the depth chart - that is true, and I too wish we would see more of him already. That said, Hynes basically said today he's going to play Boqvist sometime next week. The problem is he isn't even giving Bratt a few extra o-zone shifts yet - so Boqvist is really going to have trouble getting an opportunity even if he does play. Hynes is opting to under-utilize skilled playmaking, weak defensive players right now and such has resulted in us looking more structured out there and competing, so it's hard to argue with. This is why Boqvist isn't in, we have an abundance of skill at forward but we are trying to protect Hughes and Gusev right now. As Hughes, and hopefully Gusev, get better, Hynes will be able to move them around the lineup more and that will open up room for Boqvist to slot in.