Does this team need Brian Boyle?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

There are so many young guys in this team, and the veterans a seem to be the shy non vocal types, at least on the ice. So would this team benifit from bringing Boyler back for the 4th line? 

He brings a lot of intangibles to the team and would add some much needed size (yes I know he often doesn't play like a big guy, bit at this stage it could just be to improve our average). 

Also sticking his giant ass in front of the net on the power play might spark that into life. 

He could easily come in for Rooney, who whilst hasn't been terrible , has been very non descript. 

Anyway to summarise, it's 5 games in and I am willing to try anything to get this team going. Plus big Bri is just a top class guy. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

There are so many young guys in this team, and the veterans a seem to be the shy non vocal types, at least on the ice. So would this team benifit from bringing Boyler back for the 4th line? 

He brings a lot of intangibles to the team and would add some much needed size (yes I know he often doesn't play like a big guy, bit at this stage it could just be to improve our average). 

Also sticking his giant ass in front of the net on the power play might spark that into life. 

He could easily come in for Rooney, who whilst hasn't been terrible , has been very non descript. 

Anyway to summarise, it's 5 games in and I am willing to try anything to get this team going. Plus big Bri is just a top class guy. 

Why not. Rooney useless.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

No. 

if anything, they need a steadying presence on defense - preferably one with decent playoff experience. 

So another one of those then? Cause they brought in Subban, who has a ton of playoff experience (96 GP). 

I get it, people are hoping for something that will magically change our fortunes but bringing in Brian Boyle, as signing any currently available player would, will not significantly alter this team's ability to perform on the ice. 

We could use another quality defenseman, there's no doubt about it and maybe Ray has a little magic left over from the offseason to pull something off. 

That would be fine, but it would make zero difference other than Rooney not playing. I’d rather have Boqvist in there than Too why, at least let the kid play, we can see what he’s got and he can develop. 

I like Boyle a lot but at this point, it’s na be a little better than a lateral move to being him in.

My feeling on bringing Boyke back has very little to do with on ice performance. You don't suddenly become a good team by fixing a fourth line. It's more about who he is as a person. 

Agree with others , a veteran  D man who can actually play in his own end would be a treat. 

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I was all for bringing him back. Kind of surprised no team gave him a shot. 

Is he not playing right now?  Didn't realize that.  I don't think we need him because not sure where he fits in exactly, but surprised he isn't on any squad.  I think he can still be useless in the right situations.

29 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Is he not playing right now?  Didn't realize that.  I don't think we need him because not sure where he fits in exactly, but surprised he isn't on any squad.  I think he can still be useless in the right situations.

I mean this has to be a typo but it really made me LOL

I liked Boyle and what he brought to the game. He's got heart and is not a liability for the most part.. unlike some of our current rotating fourth line duds.. he would be a great locker room addition, but he won't be contributing much on the score sheet so prob not gonna happen unfortunately

I'm starting to think it's not a coincidence the one season they broke out of the loser mold they had guys like Boyle and a few others (maybe even Stafford as much as I hated him lol) who would actually say what needs to be said and self-police the room.  Much like the end of the Lou era, we have too many milquetoast guys now who just don't want to rock the boat.