GDT: Panthers @ Devils 1:00PM

Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt so I went back and looked on the replay to see if he was maybe playing a defender and trying to stop a potential pass to the slot, but I didn't see anyone streaking down or a threat.

That was a dangerous player coming on him fast and he already wasn't' in prefect position on his skates, he gave him a pretty low percentage shot and didn't make an impulsive move that might have led to him getting beat.

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

That was a dangerous player coming on him fast and he already wasn't' in prefect position on his skates, he gave him a pretty low percentage shot and didn't make an impulsive move that might have led to him getting beat.

True.  That was my last line of reasoning to try and justify what he did, if he perhaps was transitioning and was going to be beat so he essentially just had to try to keep him from going to the middle I guess, while still allowing a potentially dangerous/uncontested shot.  

• Like 1

Just now, MB3 said:

How many strawmen did you light on fire for this? 

Nobody said “trade him for everything.” Many people said “if it’s apparent he won’t re sign here, get something useful for him.”

Actually you said you wanted to trade him for “someone that actually wants to be here”