GDT: Panthers @ Devils 1:00PM

Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Please do not boo the team. SD says you are not allowed. Please applaud even louder when they blow the lead. When PK hits one of our own players, when Hall turns it over, when palmieri plays defense like “Xbox controller disconnected” I absolutely beg of you to yell “I love you guys!”

i am begging you 

I hate to be one of "those guys" but if they lose Thursday and Saturday and Hynes is still our coach, I'm throwing my jersey on the ice at the end. I don't give a fvck if I catch a ban. 

Oh and you love to see it:

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

Just now, pumpkin cutter said:

Let’s look at the positives. Zacha had 3 pts and Hughes almost scored his first nhl point. Our pp is also ranked #1 in the league if you do worst to best. 

Yeah c'mon guys, look on the bright side, we have as many powerplay goals this season as we do wins!  

I'm really glad I have you guys, and those of you in the NJ area are lucky.  At least the people around you are suffering the same thing and you understand their pain and despair.  Me, if I were to go to the grocery store this evening and stand in line and just look dejected and someone says to me "Hey, are you OK?  What's wrong?", I can't go to them and be like "Dude, I'm a Devils fan.  You don't know what's happening right now."  I can't explain to them what I just saw for the last 3 hours, and what has transpired over the last week and a half.  It won't make sense to them unless they either live in the area, or are a hardcore Devils fan like myself that is dialed in to everything remotely.  I wish I knew another Devils fan near me.  Misery loves company.

Two questions about today -

I don't understand going with 5 RHD.  I get that Mueller sucks.  I get that Smith couldn't play here and I get that Greene is hurt and I get that the organization really doesn't have NHL worthy LHD who are in the minors.  They have Joe Morrow, who is a 7th D at best, and Colton White, who is probably worse than that.  But these right-handed D being asked to play the left side don't know what they're doing there.  Goal #1 happens because Severson gets out of position and no one picks up Huberdeau.  That's not to say it doesn't happen with an LHD but it's less likely to happen.  Goal #3 happens with Carrick not being able to stop Connolly - he neither blocks the shot nor disrupts Connolly's stick position.

I don't remember the other question.

It may well be time to fire Hynes because the players don't seem to be doing the smaller things that help teams win.  If Palmieri manages to get that puck deep at the end of the 2nd, it probably ends 4-2 and then at least there's a cushion there.  He doesn't and they don't.  

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m so fvcking tired of rebuilding. This is just the worst. 

Absolutely no disagreement from me - I hear you.

But I think it's clear we're not nearly as close to being a playoff competitor as we thought.. Hall (and Subban, frankly) may not fit into our timeline at all.

5 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Two questions about today -

I don't understand going with 5 RHD.  I get that Mueller sucks.  I get that Smith couldn't play here and I get that Greene is hurt and I get that the organization really doesn't have NHL worthy LHD who are in the minors.  They have Joe Morrow, who is a 7th D at best, and Colton White, who is probably worse than that.  But these right-handed D being asked to play the left side don't know what they're doing there.  Goal #1 happens because Severson gets out of position and no one picks up Huberdeau.  That's not to say it doesn't happen with an LHD but it's less likely to happen.  Goal #3 happens with Carrick not being able to stop Connolly - he neither blocks the shot nor disrupts Connolly's stick position.

Kind of confused what you're suggesting here instead of the pairs they had, which were, as I'm sure you know, a result of Hynes not having Greene and not wanting to play Mueller - who, should probably play after seeing Carrick and Tennyson today. Are you questioning the construction of the roster from the outset of the season?

Just now, Lateralous said:

I had scheduled an 11am meeting today with the intent of taking a long lunch afterwards to watch the game.   I was pissed when the meeting got shifted to 1pm.   After reading this thread, I'm glad I missed it.   

Lucky you, I missed out playing a nice round of golf !