GDT: Panthers @ Devils 1:00PM

Colorado Rockies 1976

Sorry ya'll, not to get all "the sky is falling" on you - but you all absolutely know that Kakko is going to come in and dummy us in front of about a 50-50 crowd on Thursday.

Just prepare yourselves now, because it's going to get really, really ugly.

"Kakko's better" chants will be heard in our own building.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

Sorry ya'll, not to get all "the sky is falling" on you - but you all absolutely know that Kakko is going to come in and dummy us in front of about a 50-50 crowd on Thursday.

Just prepare yourselves now, because it's going to get really, really ugly.

Kakko's hat trick is gonna be this year's Eric Boulton hat trick...the sign the end is near.

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Kind of confused what you're suggesting here instead of the pairs they had, which were, as I'm sure you know, a result of Hynes not having Greene and not wanting to play Mueller - who, should probably play after seeing Carrick and Tennyson today. Are you questioning the construction of the roster from the outset of the season?

I'm questioning sitting Mueller, bringing up Tennyson, and playing him.  R-R pairs don't typically work.  This is a known thing - the analytics department of the Devils certainly knows it.

The roster construction, I understand somewhat just because they carved out a spot for Smith and he couldn't take it.

image.png.f3cbb218cc85af58c35dcb90cf12184a.png

Someone explain to me when Palms officially became an "all situations" type player?  He looks awful out there in almost all circumstances except when he's shooting the puck.

I can't believe he led the team in TOI today.  Zajac, with Nico out, I get it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I'm questioning sitting Mueller, bringing up Tennyson, and playing him.  R-R pairs don't typically work.  This is a known thing - the analytics department of the Devils certainly knows it.

The roster construction, I understand somewhat just because they carved out a spot for Smith and he couldn't take it.

I'm sure he knows that - his press conferences lately hint at someone who is working closely with the analytics department - and I'm sure the pairs today were the result of "Let's just try something else and hope for the atypical." But after today, if Mueller doesn't draw back in next game, I'd be very surprised.

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

image.png.f3cbb218cc85af58c35dcb90cf12184a.png

Someone explain to me when Palms officially became an "all situations" type player?  He looks awful out there in almost all circumstances except when he's shooting the puck.

I can't believe he led the team in TOI today.  Zajac, with Nico out, I get it.  

And Wayne Simmonds with more time than Bratt? Ok. 

4 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

My friend asked if Jacques Lemaire is still available.  I then asked (don’t attack me and some may agree) if Pat Burns is available.  Def a better option than that pos behind the bench.

Edit: Removing the joke gif, I shouldn't make light of this.

Just FYI - Pat passed away a few years ago. (Double edit: 2010, Jesus time flies).

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

So much anger.

Time for Hynes and his permanent dumb-yet-angry-but-befuddled expression to go.  Maybe it’s simply a case of a guy who got so used to losing (and was never really taken to task for it, due to various circumstances) that he doesn’t really know how to stop, no matter the amount of talent he has to work with.  

Who knows?  I’m just done with status quo.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Edit: Removing the joke gif, I shouldn't make light of this.

Just FYI - Pat passed away a few years ago. 

I know, that’s why I said don’t attack me but I’m just sick of this sh!t

Burns was a great coach and trust me I’m not making light of him.  Hynes is an f’ing joke.

I was told in every game the opposing team has scored within 30 seconds of the end of the 2nd, makes for all the momentum in the third.  Or maybe in every comeback game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

I don’t think it takes a Palmieri hater to wish his complacent ass was in a suit and the press box for a few games. 

Problem is every time Palms dares to slump or not play well, right away with you he’s a complacent check-casher who doesn’t give a fvck.  

That being said, he’s playing badly enough that if he ever got healthy-scratched for a game soon, I could understand why.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

19 minutes ago, Mitico12 said:

Cangelosi sounds pissed in the post game.  About time.

Didn’t watch it, what did he say that made him sound mad?  Never heard him sound mad which pisses me off, he’s too much of a professional, I’d be fired within the first 2 mins of being an announcer.

I'm not sure how viable he'd be as a choice anyway after the whole Brent debacle.  

Right now the only realistic non-hateable options are Guy Boucher and Shero going behind the bench himself.  Promoting from within would be laughable.  Having a Stevens or Elias coach, while it would be initially popular would be cringeworthy in the sense that you can't really fire either guy if things go sideways or if you do it'll be a mess not worth getting into.

Edited by NJDevs4978