GDT: Panthers @ Devils 1:00PM

Colorado Rockies 1976

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So much anger.

Time for Hynes and his permanent dumb-yet-angry-but-befuddled expression to go.  Maybe it’s simply a case of a guy who got so used to losing (and was never really taken to task for it, due to various circumstances) that he doesn’t really know how to stop, no matter the amount of talent he has to work with.  

Who knows?  I’m just done with status quo.  

Could be Hynes just does better when he has absolutely little to no expectations and/or pressure.

That's why he is Coach Loser to me.

27 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I'm questioning sitting Mueller, bringing up Tennyson, and playing him.  R-R pairs don't typically work.  This is a known thing - the analytics department of the Devils certainly knows it.

The roster construction, I understand somewhat just because they carved out a spot for Smith and he couldn't take it.

Scoring literally no powerplay goals, having a PK below 50% and repeatedly blowing leads is not an issue of having R-R defensive pairs.  It's the coaches, and if the analytics people have trouble figuring that out, they should go back to getting wedgies at gym class.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Edit: Removing the joke gif, I shouldn't make light of this.

Just FYI - Pat passed away a few years ago. (Double edit: 2010, Jesus time flies).

Still my favorite Devils coach ever. It was nice to see his widow at Patty’s jersey retirement. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Zacha had two assists and an 83% CF that period. Not sure mfitz is going to be anywhere to be found.

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Zacha telling me and @mfitz804 to stfu lol

2 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

Three point night for Zacha. Who'd of thought......

I was easy to find, me and my daughter were wearing purple HFC jerseys in section 120. Tickets were too cheap on StubHub and I couldn’t resist. 

So the first game I attend in the Year of the Pavel, he scores 3 points. Coincidence? 

Of course, you get 3 points from Zacha and still lose the game? That’s crap. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Scoring literally no powerplay goals, having a PK below 50% and repeatedly blowing leads is not an issue of having R-R defensive pairs.  It's the coaches, and if the analytics people have trouble figuring that out, they should go back to getting wedgies at gym class.

Is the only point that people are allowed to make on the board right now that, "Hynes should be fired?" Because I didn't see anyone state, "Gosh, if only the D were paired in accordance with their handedness everything would be fine." I've mentioned before, there's a "Fire Hynes" thread - you started it, this is the GDT, it's where people analyze what went wrong and right in the game. The point here is that the team is less bad when the D are paired correctly - well not just according to handedness - Carrick and Tennyson should both probably sit but until that can happen, at the very least, lefty Mueller, who yes, is also sh!tty, should play.

Edited by Neb00rs

28 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Real hard ass, from what I've heard on Spittin Chiclets.

Might be just what the doctor ordered for these soft weaklings on the current roster.

Good, make these eunuchs find a pair of prosthetic testicles or some off cadavers

28 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He said he doesn't want to coach anymore, fwiwi.

Money, and not a fully rebuilding team, might have a lot to change that opinion. He’s only in his 60s I think

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Those in the “why isn’t Boqvist playing” camp should be happy, he filled Rooney’s role of doing nothing and added. 4 minute penalty with 7.5 left to play. 

I was taxiing to the gate as we landed right about a minute left in the game, but I thought I read it was Bratt that went off for the 4?

Also, not like it really matters

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Good, make these eunuchs find a pair of prosthetic testicles or some off cadavers

Money, and not a fully rebuilding team, might have a lot to change that opinion. He’s only in his 60s I think

I mean, if we could get a multiple Stanley Cup winner who won one of them by replacing an underperforming coach in the middle of the season, I'd do it.  Just sounds like he's really done with it for now, but hopefully Ray can get him to change his mind.

The one thing Ray needs to do though is make sure the analytics department has no input into who gets hired.  They're useless.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I was taxiing to the gate as we landed right about a minute left in the game, but I thought I read it was Bratt that went off for the 4?

Also, not like it really matters

Scoreboard said #90. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

It was Boqvist that took the penalty.  Accidental high stick that drew blood.

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Boqvist very blatantly wacked another player in the face with his stick and yes, sat for 4.

Then I stand by my former statement. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Scoreboard said #90. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Then I stand by my former statement. 

Hey, you were there, I apologize, I did have a squirming toddler in my arms who was fed up of being in daddy’s lap as I scrolled twitter

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Hey, you were there, I apologize, I did have a squirming toddler in my arms who was fed up of being in daddy’s lap as I scrolled twitter

No need to apologize, they easily could have put up 90 initially and switched it to 63 and I missed it because I was so annoyed lol. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Those in the “why isn’t Boqvist playing” camp should be happy, he filled Rooney’s role of doing nothing and added. 4 minute penalty with 7.5 left to play. 

You called his inclusion a positive change before the game. 

Edited by devlman

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, I’m breaking balls, so what? I’m not allowed to have fun??

What is this fun you speak of? I know little of it. These ass clowns have completely ruined my day and likely rest of the week after Thursday’s humiliation. Still sick to my stomach.