GDT: Panthers @ Devils 1:00PM

Colorado Rockies 1976

32 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Is it bad that this post made me want Taco Bell? Why do we do that to ourselves??

cause it would be less painful.

and I have no idea, maybe in some way we really enjoy getting kicked in the junk?

Edited by titans04

How exciting, about to be the only team left in the league without a win.  Can guarantee Chicago doesn’t blow a lead at the end of the game like the devils do.  Can’t get over how many leads in the 3rd period I have seen them let up in the last 1-2 mins of a game over the last 5 years or so, mind boggling and beyond pathetic.

9 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

How exciting, about to be the only team left in the league without a win.  Can guarantee Chicago doesn’t blow a lead at the end of the game like the devils do.  Can’t get over how many leads in the 3rd period I have seen them let up in the last 1-2 mins of a game over the last 5 years or so, mind boggling and beyond pathetic.

I mentioned the same thing yesterday.  It's quite sad.

And to your point about the blown leads, not just this season or even last season, but as you mentioned, for nearly 5 years or so that this has been going on....it really is astounding. 

If I'm Hynes, or Shero, I print this out and put it on the door leading to the locker room.  Maybe put up some on the door to the training room/gym, the showers, the cafeteria, etc. 

image.thumb.png.17d06057c3824e659e0701fb5542d7cb.png

Let it sink in fvckers.

12 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I mentioned the same thing yesterday.  It's quite sad.

And to your point about the blown leads, not just this season or even last season, but as you mentioned, for nearly 5 years or so that this has been going on....it really is astounding. 

If I'm Hynes, or Shero, I print this out and put it on the door leading to the locker room.  Maybe put up some on the door to the training room/gym, the showers, the cafeteria, etc. 

image.thumb.png.17d06057c3824e659e0701fb5542d7cb.png

Let it sink in fvckers.

For me, I’d highlight the bottom line, circle it in crayon, write “You’re fired“ in big bold letters using one of those old permanent black markers that smelled atrocious and could essentially get you high, take a stapler and staple a copy to Hynes and Nasraddine’s foreheads as they walked into work this morning.

But I’m also a bitter person so there’s that

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Triumph said:

I doubt you can define either analytics or a cargo cult.  But it's fun to talk about like that, certainly.  

R-R pairings were a big reason why things went so poorly today in the D zone.  It's playing players in positions they are not comfortable in and they have to make a lot of quick reads from a different part of the ice.  Carrick is not used to defending a shooter coming in from that side as Connolly was.

That, and the players that comprised those R-R pairs were also atrocious.  Carrick and Tennyson are both AHLers that were absolutely dominated yesterday.  That pair can't happen (ever) again.  PK plays small in front of his own net and has no idea how to clear the crease.  Getting out-muscled/positioned by Dadonov on the 6th goal is a perfect example of how bad he's been.  

Then you throw in the stupidity, with guys trying to force passes when they aren't there, make plays through the neutral zone when dumping the puck deep is the right and only play (looking at you Palms), and others being completely out of position and lost in their D zone coverage (I have no idea what Simmonds was doing or where he was going on FLA's 5th goal), and it all adds up to a miserable start to the season.  fvcking unbelievable.

2 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

That, and the players that comprised those R-R pairs were also atrocious.  Carrick and Tennyson are both AHLers that were absolutely dominated yesterday.  That pair can't happen (ever) again.  PK plays small in front of his own net and has no idea how to clear the crease.  Getting out-muscled/positioned by Dadonov on the 6th goal is a perfect example of how bad he's been.  

Then you throw in the stupidity, with guys trying to force passes when they aren't there, make plays through the neutral zone when dumping the puck deep is the right and only play (looking at you Palms), and others being completely out of position and lost in their D zone coverage (I have no idea what Simmonds was doing or where he was going on FLA's 5th goal), and it all adds up to a miserable start to the season.  fvcking unbelievable.

PK Subban does not have no idea how to clear the crease.  He got outpositioned on that 6th goal but it didn't help that there were 2 Panthers and Severson was off covering nothing.

59 minutes ago, Triumph said:

PK Subban does not have no idea how to clear the crease.  He got outpositioned on that 6th goal but it didn't help that there were 2 Panthers and Severson was off covering nothing.

Although I was being overly dramatic, the fact remains that he's been pretty bad through most of the first 6 games here and his net front presence in the D zone has been weaker than I expected.  Playing him with Severson is a mess.  I expect PK will get better, but he's disappointed thus far. 

1 hour ago, Triumph said:

I believe his stick also got caught under Schneids, at least it appeared that way to me. 

38 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Although I was being overly dramatic, the fact remains that he's been pretty bad through most of the first 6 games here and his net front presence in the D zone has been weaker than I expected.  Playing him with Severson is a mess.  I expect PK will get better, but he's disappointed thus far. 

Agreed.  Going into the season I was prepared to deal with occasional gaffes from him that comes with his style of play, but it's happening at a rapid-fire pace.

Like you and others have said, him playing with Severson probably has something to do with it but it is still alarming how bad some of his decisions are.  I am hoping that maybe he thinks he has to do everything since the rest of our D outside of Vats are piss-poor that this is leading to this.  Once we get better coaching as well as get him away from Severson he could settle down a bit.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Agreed.  Going into the season I was prepared to deal with occasional gaffes from him that comes with his style of play, but it's happening at a rapid-fire pace.

Like you and others have said, him playing with Severson probably has something to do with it but it is still alarming how bad some of his decisions are.  I am hoping that maybe he thinks he has to do everything since the rest of our D outside of Vats are piss-poor that this is leading to this.  Once we get better coaching as well as get him away from Severson he could settle down a bit.

I still cannot believe how badly Severson is playing at times. Its not even Jekyll and Hyde, cause that's about 50-50, this is mostly Hyde with some Jekyll moments sprinkled in there....

2 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

That goal was totally on Severson. He coasts around the D zone doing nothing, picking up no one and looking like a lazy slug. Typical of him so far.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, devlman said:

That goal was totally on Severson. He coasts around the D zone doing nothing, picking up no one and looking like a lazy slug. Typical of him so far.

There are leaders, and then there are people that need to be led.

I think Severson is the latter.  Unless he has an absolute anchor on his pair, he looks soft and unsure of himself almost all the time.

• Like 1