GDT: Rags @ Devils 7PM

Devils01

Just now, Rob_Ottawa said:

Blackwood keeps playing until he loses or back to back.

Anything else is unacceptable coaching.

29 saves, Panarin with nothing but zeros

Even more important, Kakko with nothing but zeroes. 

Round 1 goes to Hughes!

• Like 3

Fitz is a PK whisperer.. Zacha was excellent in that role..our young goalie came up big, pickles is clutch, subban not only skates well, but he is a board battler .. a spider behind the net.. when the rags scored to start the third I said here we go again,

Hynes lives on, another day

• Like 1

Another note on PK, the guy can't clear a single god dam puck out of our zone for 59 minutes of the game , but as soon as there is a sniff of an EN the guy is sending the puck pinpoint into the center of the net from the other end of the ice. 

• Like 2

Didn't get to watch all of this one with the Yankees on, but I didn't get the sense that the Devils played all that well.  They just got some breaks and Blackwood played well.  There seemed to be more attention to detail, but then breakdowns like goal #1 where Hughes is skating around covering nothing.

Just now, Triumph said:

Didn't get to watch all of this one with the Yankees on, but I didn't get the sense that the Devils played all that well.  They just got some breaks and Blackwood played well.  There seemed to be more attention to detail, but then breakdowns like goal #1 where Hughes is skating around covering nothing.

Yeah Blackwood was totally hung out to dry on the first goal. Gotta show the boys the Mighty Ducks so they can clear the garbage in front. 

I will admit that going into the third, I definitely thought maybe they had us right where they wanted us, but the streak was meant to be broken tonight. It’s a Fitz thing. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah Blackwood was totally hung out to dry on the first goal. Gotta show the boys the Mighty Ducks so they can clear the garbage in front. 

I will admit that going into the third, I definitely thought maybe they had us right where they wanted us, but the streak was meant to be broken tonight. It’s a Fitz thing. 

Fitzgerald was caught yelling at Nessradine..it is a Fitz thing

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Triumph said:

"Got some breaks and Blackwood played well," doesn't really sum up the game all too well - though as you said, you didn't watch all of it. Yeah possession numbers at 5v5 weren't all that great but there was a lot of special teams tonight and the Devils looked a lot better throughout - nothing looked AHL-caliber really and there was structure out there. Hughes lost his man on the first goal, but overall I didn't count the Devils allowing too many high quality chances on the net and never lost control of the momentum for too long.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Triumph said:

They actually did probably play their best game of the season tonight. They were harder on pucks and much more aggressive. There were considerably less team fvckups than there have been even though you still had players that have been bad continue to be bad.

gusev has that shot which is great. just about everything else he did tonight was very much not good. he was a turnover machine and failed to get stick with his man that led to a good scoring chance for the rangers off his turnover.

simmonds - for fvcks sake, can this guy win one fvcking board battle - he is boyle 2.0 in that he's a big guy that could not play any smaller.

vatanen was not very good tonight - goal one maybe box out your man?

as for the good

blackwood made some terrific saves. i would've liked his rebound control to be better but he could've easily given up 4 tonight so good on him.

zacha was great tonight. i don't care that he was off the score sheet - he played a great 200 foot game tonight and in all situations.

PK was what he needs to be tonight - agressive but still safe and seemed to control the play in the d zone.

rooney played a great game in his role tonight - that can play for me on the 4th all season if that's the kind of game we'll get from him.

as a whole, this is the kind of game we all expected from this team. some letdowns here and there, but pretty aggressive for the most part and challenging the opposition consistently.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

gusev has that shot which is great. just about everything else he did tonight was very much not good. he was a turnover machine and failed to get stick with his man that led to a good scoring chance for the rangers off his turnover.

zacha was great tonight. i don't care that he was off the score sheet - he played a great 200 foot game tonight and in all situations.

I am not impressed at all with Gusev, which is funny because he’s got a few goals and that great shot. He can’t carry the puck worth a damn, really all he can do is shoot when fed the puck. I guess there’s a place for that. 

Zacha played a great game. Looking at him from a positive perspective has been good for me. I don’t believe I’ll be getting that Zacha jersey anytime soon, but it’s been good watching him from a different perspective. Of course, with the likes of Hall, Hischier, Hughes, Palmieri, even Gusev all being ahead of him offense wise, he doesn’t need to be “the man”. 

You just have to forget where he was picked at this point. I liken it to when I was coming out of law school and everyone was so concerned about what their class rank was. 17 years later, nobody gives a crap and I don’t even remember my ranking. 

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

As they are the Rangers, all of their faces are punchable. 

Truth. In case anyone thought my new positive attitude extends to them, it does not, I still fvcking hate all of them. 

• Like 1