Devils01

GDT: Rags @ Devils 7PM

if they win this game, it'll either be the start of an epic comeback or another slow bleeding death where the firing of Hynes will get belabored until Christmas break like we saw with John Mac....

This is the game the turnaround starts!! On the flip side, a loss must mean changes - players or coaches - must happen.

have a feeling we blow them out

Edited by devlman

1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

ESPN also agrees that the season is done...just look at the team’s slogan

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/27861284/nhl-power-rankings-1-31-poll-plus-every-team-slogan-be

To me the team is so lousy they should make them 33 in power rankings even though there’s only 31 teams in the league.  Just to put a significant buffer between all the other teams so the rest of the league doesn’t feel insulted.

Your season isn’t done in the NHL when you have four regulation losses. This isn’t the NFL.

• Like 1

I remember when I used to read ESPN.com's power rankings every week.  That was the early 2000's when the Devils we always at or near the top.  I haven't checked those in a solid 10 or so years.  Not surprising since ESPN has since pretty much checked out of covering hockey, though from what I am hearing that may be soon changing.

Getting only 2 out of a possible 12 points is pretty rough, but it's not season-destroying by any means.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Your season isn’t done in the NHL when you have four regulation losses. This isn’t the NFL.

I’m wondering how in the world this team has the capacity to play for 60 mins.  Truly feel they don’t.  With what happened against Boston and Buffalo, either than it being a complete embarrassment, is the team in essence coming out and saying “we absolutely have no where near the talent of those teams and if we played them 100 times we wouldn’t win 1”.  That’s what I gathered from those games.

Even though they lost in OT look at the way Colorado played against Pitt, they didn’t sit back in their own zone when the Penguins controlled the puck, they closed in on whoever possessed it.  Watch the Devils, to me it looks like any opposing team can hang around the blue line with the puck until their hearts content without being attacked.  Now you would think that would be fine since that limits the threat of scoring from the point but it gives everyone that much more time to make a perfect pass and the Devils also do a horrible job boxing out around their own goal so often times there’s always a strong scoring chance.

Those losers behind the bench need to tell their players to attack, don’t sit back all day waiting for the puck to come close enough to eventually swipe at it and miss.  Just sick of it.  I need to be the coach for 1 night, not for the X’s and O’s but to yell.  Maybe tortorella’s approach has been right all along (pains me to say that)

Just now, ajsgolf said:

I’m wondering how in the world this team has the capacity to play for 60 mins.  Truly feel they don’t.  With what happened against Boston and Buffalo, either than it being a complete embarrassment, is the team in essence coming out and saying “we absolutely have no where near the talent of those teams and if we played them 100 times we wouldn’t win 1”.  That’s what I gathered from those games.

Even though they lost in OT look at the way Colorado played against Pitt, they didn’t sit back in their own zone when the Penguins controlled the puck, they closed in on whoever possessed it.  Watch the Devils, to me it looks like any opposing team can hang around the blue line with the puck until their hearts content without being attacked.  Now you would think that would be fine since that limits the threat of scoring from the point but it gives everyone that much more time to make a perfect pass and the Devils also do a horrible job boxing out around their own goal so often times there’s always a strong scoring chance.

Those losers behind the bench need to tell their players to attack, don’t sit back all day waiting for the puck to come close enough to eventually swipe at it and miss.  Just sick of it.  I need to be the coach for 1 night, not for the X’s and O’s but to yell.  Maybe tortorella’s approach has been right all along (pains me to say that)

My point was, I’m not willing to judge a whole season on a handful of games. 

Im not saying people who are doing so won’t end up being 100% right, but I have a hard time figuring out why anyone with that kind of outlook would even bother following a team at all. 

Amazing how the sight of Ranger jerseys always makes the bile start to rise...god I hate everything about that team and its stupid fanbase.  fvck ‘em.  All of ‘em!!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Amazing how the sight of Ranger jerseys always makes the bile start to rise...god I hate everything about that team and its stupid fanbase.  fvck ‘em.  All of ‘em!!

Off topic but my younger brother recently gave me his PS4 and there's a Spiderman game where they have people wearing ranger-esque jerseys walking around the street and it made me angry I couldn't beat pedestrians as Spidey

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

This game feels like one that could start a change in the team, especially against the Rangers in our building. If we win, I believe we could see us starting to roll. If we lose, thinks could get even more ugly and changes will be made...

And those changes may come sooner than anyone may have thought.

Hoping Wood and Haley fight with their purses early and knock each other out of the rest of the game. Pretty please.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

fvcking PK. Now I am fired up. LFGD!

FOR A WIN PIERRE

• Like 1

Lmao how can you not love PK’s personality

ITS TIME BOYS!! LETS GET IT!!!

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Lmao how can you not love PK’s personality

Haha I had to replay that 10 times 

maybe it's the hair dye that's killing off the few brain cells he started with.

• Like 1