Nico Hischier to sign 7 year extension, 7.25 AAV

Triumph

I have no numbers or any sort of advanced metrics, all I can say is this feels like a very good deal for the Devils. I'm hesitant to say "great" but as long as Nico keeps improving it should cross into that territory

Again not anything to do with on ice numbers, just how I feel about his game. Also, I had to listen to Saturday's game via radio and they had an interview with Nico during one of the intermissions and I was really impressed with his responses- thoughtful, mature, honest... Just seems like a great kid and glad to have him here long term. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The Devils did get lucky in winning the lottery not once but twice.  Sure, they did play like a$$, but it's not like they had the NHL's worst record in either season...in one of those seasons, the worst team finished 22 points behind the Devils.  I think we would've been thrilled just one lottery win.   

That's a valid point I overlooked, though a$$ is a$$, whatever team that was finished 22 points behind a team that played like a$$.