GDT: Canucks @ Devils 1PM

Devils01

Will be there today...been to all five home games (that streak will likely end with today’s game though).  

Make it two in a row...LGMFD!!!

• Like 4

I am away and will not be able to watch live. I’ll be recording the game and waiting to see if I can make it all the way to tomorrow night without accidentally hearing the results. 

But it’s not out of disinterest. We are coming off a good win so let’s keep it rolling. 

LGD. 

• Like 1

Why is the entire upper deck available for this one? I get that we’ve had a slow start and that historically this time of year and a western opponent doesn’t translate to tickets sold but this is a Saturday afternoon game with no other competing sports and our most exciting team in years. Disappointing that attendance looks like it’ll be terrible. Anyway, LGD and let’s start a winning streak.

You know Jack wants that first goal so bad against his big brother. Would be awesome timing. 

Kind of hoping Hynes goes right back to Blackwood, as he played great against the Rags.  If not, Cory needs to come out and get his first win of the season against his old team. 

LGD

22 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You know Jack wants that first goal so bad against his big brother. Would be awesome timing. 

Kind of hoping Hynes goes right back to Blackwood, as he played great against the Rags.  If not, Cory needs to come out and get his first win of the season against his old team. 

LGD

How cool would it be if Jack scored his first NHL goal with his brother on the ice? What a moment that would be.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, devlman said:

Why is the entire upper deck available for this one? I get that we’ve had a slow start and that historically this time of year and a western opponent doesn’t translate to tickets sold but this is a Saturday afternoon game with no other competing sports and our most exciting team in years. Disappointing that attendance looks like it’ll be terrible. Anyway, LGD and let’s start a winning streak.

I saw that. It’s pretty sad to say the least. And I know someone’s going to come here and use the excuse but it’s Vancouver or the upper seats are too expensive. We just have to face the facts that our fan base is not the strongest and that it’s maybe one of the weakest in the NHL

Edited by Devils01

41 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

I saw that. It’s pretty sad to say the least. And I know someone’s going to come here and use the excuse but it’s Vancouver or the upper seats are too expensive. We just have to face the facts that our fan base is not the strongest and that it’s maybe one of the weakest in the NHL

Hey here I am lol go on ticketmaster and add two tickets in 208 last row.... It's $129.30 to sit in the very last row of the building in the highest section. That's over $250 for a family of 4 before factoring in money to get there, parking, food and any possible merch. The prices are just too high. 

Those seats should be $25 max even after fees. When I first started going to games at Meadowlands you could get $20/25 seats in the very last row. Sure they weren't the best seats but that's what I got me hooked into the first place and eventually got me season tickets. 

Those seats right now are not worth the price, especially when you factor in the opponent and how the team started. Can you get cheaper tickets through the secondary market? Sure but that doesn't help the Devils move those over priced sections. They need to be lowered. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

maybe people don't want to show up on their Saturday off to watch them blow a 3-4 goal lead? Obviously the last game was fun and hopefully they get something going and string together some wins, but are we really surprised? come on.

Yea, almost like winning teams are more worth going to watch or something....weird.

LGD! 

43 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

My favorite thing is when fans who live 300 miles away in another country criticize local attendance. I love that. It’s funny.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

My favorite thing is when fans who live 300 miles away in another country criticize local attendance. I love that. It’s funny.

Any Devils fan is allowed to be frustrated that we aren't filling our arena but I will say sometimes people seem a bit too ready to trash their own fans and team. 

I don't think the Devils fanbase is the weakest in the league though - it's not the strongest either obviously. 

A major problem is that the Devils are not situated around a major New Jersey metropolis. Some people have to drive pretty far to the games. Can't just have thousands of fans take a few minute subway ride in. 

But in general, hockey just doesn't have amazing attendance. Only a few teams sell out their games on a regular basis. People need to understand that most teams across the league also have empty seats for a Saturday afternoon game vs. a non-rival. The Hughes-Hughes thing isn't as compelling for the majority of fans as it is for people on this board. 

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

Any Devils fan is allowed to be frustrated that we aren't filling our arena but I will say sometimes people seem a bit too ready to trash their own fans and team. 

I don't think the Devils fanbase is the weakest in the league though - it's not the strongest either obviously. 

A major problem is that the Devils are not situated around a major New Jersey metropolis. Some people have to drive pretty far to the games. Can't just have thousands of fans take a few minute subway ride in. 

But in general, hockey just doesn't have amazing attendance. Only a few teams sell out their games on a regular basis. People need to understand that most teams across the league also have empty seats for a Saturday afternoon game vs. a non-rival. The Hughes-Hughes thing isn't as compelling for the majority of fans as it is for people on this board. 

I also don't like matinee games and choose to avoid them.  

38 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I go to minimum 2 games a year and I live in Montreal which is probably more than people who actually live in the area. Nice try though buddy.😂

Edited by Devils01

44 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Hey here I am lol go on ticketmaster and add two tickets in 208 last row.... It's $129.30 to sit in the very last row of the building in the highest section. That's over $250 for a family of 4 before factoring in money to get there, parking, food and any possible merch. The prices are just too high. 

Those seats should be $25 max even after fees. When I first started going to games at Meadowlands you could get $20/25 seats in the very last row. Sure they weren't the best seats but that's what I got me hooked into the first place and eventually got me season tickets. 

Those seats right now are not worth the price, especially when you factor in the opponent and how the team started. Can you get cheaper tickets through the secondary market? Sure but that doesn't help the Devils move those over priced sections. They need to be lowered. 

Thats 2 tickets at the cheapest price... not sure where you get 129 a pop

7EA6FA2F-0976-441A-9FF7-35C543B7E7AA.png