GDT: Canucks @ Devils 1PM

Devils01

Amanda is awesome we are fortunate to have such a great reporter with such a passion for the team and the sport. Not a sh!t a tom but it felt like he was always just going through the motions.

then again those were the Lou days so it was a tough job to have lol.

• Like 2

Early games are awesome. 

Jack's reaction was priceless after the goal. His play on the last few games had probably deserved a lot more than he got. 

Also Greenie was a rock on the PK. He has a really composure. 

Finally Big Mac just wasn't going to be beaten today, in part by the Canucks missing some shots. But anything that was on his net he had. Let's hope he kicks on. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Yes

Well I certainly don't, and I can't imagine you do either considering your answer about how attractive you find her.

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Great at her job, but hard pass 

I'll continue to be entitled to my opinions regardless of her lurking or not. 

EDIT to clarify: The same opinion* 

Edited by NJDevils1214

5 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Should we care? 

Guess that’s up to you. She seems like a nice person to me, and I really don’t want to say a bunch of mean stuff about her on the internet, but you do you. 

Edited by Nicomo

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Guess that’s up to you. She seems like a nice person to me, and I really don’t want to say a bunch of mean stuff about her on the internet, but you do you. 

Well I never said I wanted to say mean things-- I'm just going to say what I think whether she'll read it or not is my point. I'm not going to alter/censor my opinion to spare anyone's feelings, whether it's Amanda, Mueller, Shero, or Harris himself! 

TL;DR: don't care who is reading, you're getting my honest opinion. 

9 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Coleman deserves to see more powerplay time over guys like Simmonds and Wood. Can add Palms to that list too, but he has been better on the power play than 5 on 5.

This. Because of the way the team is built and what kind of player coleman is... he's a typical bottom 6 player... but he's one of the best bottom 6 player in the league... he's arguably been our best forward in the last 2 years. So while im not sure i'd give him steady top 6 minutes... give him more ice time anywya you can. he deserves it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Man I'd kill to have Quinn Hughes on this team with Jack.

No way the Canucks would ever deal him though, I'd imagine.

I bet Vancouver would love to have the brothers on their team as well. I wonder if they made an offer for 1OA before the draft?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

This. Because of the way the team is built and what kind of player coleman is... he's a typical bottom 6 player... but he's one of the best bottom 6 player in the league... he's arguably been our best forward in the last 2 years. So while im not sure i'd give him steady top 6 minutes... give him more ice time anywya you can. he deserves it

Best forward?  No way.

Hardest working, most overachieving?  Absolutely.  I love the way he plays.  Guy has heart and desire to spare.  

So I watched the game on tape delay yesterday, then got busy (#TwinParenting). 

Love our game and was really glad/kinda bummed I forgot to turn off all hockey notifications from theScore app. Ruined Hughes’ goal for me, turned out to be our only one haha.

I’m at the point t with Severson where I’ll take a game that I don’t notice him, good or bad.

mueller had a fight... which is.... something, I guess?

trying to remember what else but wasn’t gonna take notes. Oh well, we won. Yay!

also, don’t know how you guys who watch on tape delay often do it. I got to the third period and was itching like an addict trying not to just watch on 2x speed to find out the result...

EDIT: uh, did Zacha see a witch doctor and get cursed with being an actual hockey player again, or did he repay his debts to the spirit of Marie Laveau to get drafted in the first round, so now he can actually be useful? Loved his game too.

Edited by jagknife

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Taylor Hall had kind of a good season 2 years ago lol

You could maybe make a case for Coleman last year, although I’d probably say Nico. He led the team in assists, second in points in just 69GP, and was one of the only players on the team that didn’t end up with a - on the season. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jagknife said:

So I watched the game on tape delay yesterday, then got busy (#TwinParenting). 

Love our game and was really glad/kinda bummed I forgot to turn off all hockey notifications from theScore app. Ruined Hughes’ goal for me, turned out to be our only one haha.

I’m at the point t with Severson where I’ll take a game that I don’t notice him, good or bad.

mueller had a fight... which is.... something, I guess?

trying to remember what else but wasn’t gonna take notes. Oh well, we won. Yay!

also, don’t know how you guys who watch on tape delay often do it. I got to the third period and was itching like an addict trying not to just watch on 2x speed to find out the result...

EDIT: uh, did Zacha see a witch doctor and get cursed with being an actual hockey player again, or did he repay his debts to the spirit of Marie Laveau to get drafted in the first round, so now he can actually be useful? Loved his game too.

Zacha is showing signs of being that 40-45 point guy who brings more than glamour numbers to the table.  With Hughes and Hischier here, I can more than live with that.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Best forward?  No way.

Hardest working, most overachieving?  Absolutely.  I love the way he plays.  Guy has heart and desire to spare.  

Well you're lucky there's a new rule on name calling cause i'd be giving you hell for not agreeing with me here !!!

kidding haha when i say best i guess i mean the most consistant and better overall. He can play in all situation, he's always giving his 110%, he scored some of the nicest goals we've seen in the last 2 years, he does everything. While other guys who produces a bit more are not as good defensively or wtv

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Well you're lucky there's a new rule on name calling cause i'd be giving you hell for not agreeing with me here !!!

kidding haha when i say best i guess i mean the most consistant and better overall. He can play in all situation, he's always giving his 110%, he scored some of the nicest goals we've seen in the last 2 years, he does everything. While other guys who produces a bit more are not as good defensively or wtv

You can say all of that for Nico as well. Maybe not the highlight reel goals, but he makes up for it being clutch (OT game winners, etc).