Sign in to follow this  
Devils01

GDT: Canucks @ Devils 1PM

So I watched the game on tape delay yesterday, then got busy (#TwinParenting). 

Love our game and was really glad/kinda bummed I forgot to turn off all hockey notifications from theScore app. Ruined Hughes’ goal for me, turned out to be our only one haha.

I’m at the point t with Severson where I’ll take a game that I don’t notice him, good or bad.

mueller had a fight... which is.... something, I guess?

trying to remember what else but wasn’t gonna take notes. Oh well, we won. Yay!

also, don’t know how you guys who watch on tape delay often do it. I got to the third period and was itching like an addict trying not to just watch on 2x speed to find out the result...

EDIT: uh, did Zacha see a witch doctor and get cursed with being an actual hockey player again, or did he repay his debts to the spirit of Marie Laveau to get drafted in the first round, so now he can actually be useful? Loved his game too.

Edited by jagknife

Oh and @Devils01, you can make the GDT out as early as you want. For me being as superstitious as I am, I like to keep the same pattern when I get a heater going, but to each their own

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

This. Because of the way the team is built and what kind of player coleman is... he's a typical bottom 6 player... but he's one of the best bottom 6 player in the league... he's arguably been our best forward in the last 2 years. So while im not sure i'd give him steady top 6 minutes... give him more ice time anywya you can. he deserves it

Taylor Hall had kind of a good season 2 years ago lol

You could maybe make a case for Coleman last year, although I’d probably say Nico. He led the team in assists, second in points in just 69GP, and was one of the only players on the team that didn’t end up with a - on the season. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jagknife said:

So I watched the game on tape delay yesterday, then got busy (#TwinParenting). 

Love our game and was really glad/kinda bummed I forgot to turn off all hockey notifications from theScore app. Ruined Hughes’ goal for me, turned out to be our only one haha.

I’m at the point t with Severson where I’ll take a game that I don’t notice him, good or bad.

mueller had a fight... which is.... something, I guess?

trying to remember what else but wasn’t gonna take notes. Oh well, we won. Yay!

also, don’t know how you guys who watch on tape delay often do it. I got to the third period and was itching like an addict trying not to just watch on 2x speed to find out the result...

EDIT: uh, did Zacha see a witch doctor and get cursed with being an actual hockey player again, or did he repay his debts to the spirit of Marie Laveau to get drafted in the first round, so now he can actually be useful? Loved his game too.

Zacha is showing signs of being that 40-45 point guy who brings more than glamour numbers to the table.  With Hughes and Hischier here, I can more than live with that.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Best forward?  No way.

Hardest working, most overachieving?  Absolutely.  I love the way he plays.  Guy has heart and desire to spare.  

Well you're lucky there's a new rule on name calling cause i'd be giving you hell for not agreeing with me here !!!

kidding haha when i say best i guess i mean the most consistant and better overall. He can play in all situation, he's always giving his 110%, he scored some of the nicest goals we've seen in the last 2 years, he does everything. While other guys who produces a bit more are not as good defensively or wtv

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Well you're lucky there's a new rule on name calling cause i'd be giving you hell for not agreeing with me here !!!

kidding haha when i say best i guess i mean the most consistant and better overall. He can play in all situation, he's always giving his 110%, he scored some of the nicest goals we've seen in the last 2 years, he does everything. While other guys who produces a bit more are not as good defensively or wtv

You can say all of that for Nico as well. Maybe not the highlight reel goals, but he makes up for it being clutch (OT game winners, etc). 

Just now, Nicomo said:

You can say all of that for Nico as well. Maybe not the highlight reel goals, but he makes up for it being clutch (OT game winners, etc). 

yeah maybe but i didn't see Nico dancing with his hot wife and a cowboy hat. Did you? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah maybe but i didn't see Nico dancing with his hot wife and a cowboy hat. Did you? 

Fair.

I can’t imagine our little Nico dancing with a woman at all. he’s so serious all the time lol

On 10/19/2019 at 11:35 PM, pumpkin cutter said:

Quinn is gonna look great in black and red.

We need to reverse Niedermayer that sh!t. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

We need to reverse Niedermayer that sh!t. 

6 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

Lol exactly. 

Like I said, race to draft the 3rd Hughes.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:59 AM, jagknife said:

Oh and @Devils01, you can make the GDT out as early as you want. For me being as superstitious as I am, I like to keep the same pattern when I get a heater going, but to each their own

I'm a tad bit superstitious when it comes to this as well, so I'd be totally on board with him continuing to make the gameday threads, plus I think it's kinda fun to see how long it can be kept up.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm a tad bit superstitious when it comes to this as well, so I'd be totally on board with him continuing to make the gameday threads, plus I think it's kinda fun to see how long it can be kept up.

I think when we win, the last guy is obligated to do so. 

• Like 3

There's absolutely no way to tell this but I'd be very curious to know over GDT records for some of the more frequent posters - be pretty cool to see who's been hot and who should be banned from ever making a GDT again :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

There's absolutely no way to tell this but I'd be very curious to know over GDT records for some of the more frequent posters - be pretty cool to see who's been hot and who should be banned from ever making a GDT again :lol: 

Not sure I've had a real opportunity for any streak, but I don't think I've had more than 2 consecutive lol.

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think when we win, the last guy is obligated to do so. 

I say we make this an official thing, starting now.  Whoever makes a gameday thread and the team wins, not gets to, but needs to, make the next gameday thread.  And dare I say if that person can't or doesn't, and we lose....they donate $5 to the site? :) 

Edited by NJDfan1711

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

And dare I say if that person can't or doesn't, and we lose....they donate $5 to the site? :) 

Plus we get to ridicule them (inside the new PG-13 directive) for life??

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 1:49 PM, Devilsfan118 said:

My record is probably pretty bad but at the same time the team has been pretty bad for the last bunch of years so I blame them more than myself lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

My record is probably pretty bad but at the same time the team has been pretty bad for the last bunch of years so I blame them more than myself lol

I had a run during two seasons ago, but I think that was the last time I had a winning GDT post...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I had a run during two seasons ago, but I think that was the last time I had a winning GDT post...

I don't think I ever had a streak more than three.